Sign in to follow this  
rEdaSbLood

360 or PC?

shall I:

1) buy an xbox 360

2) buy a new PC

3) buy both

if 1, shall i get a new or used?

if 2, which kind? (i hear quadcore sucks for gaming)

if 3, how do i handle being broke? :lol: jk kind of

Buy a new PC. The best gaming platform evar made. Check www.alienware.com for good rigs.

Dell > Alienware, cause alienware's too expensive....

i bought the 360....but i think im still going to get the PC...although further down the line...either a new PC or a sweet TV for my 360 8)

yeh that's a good idea., unless you are lazy or completely unknown to how a pc works.

my advice. Don't buy a laptop for gaming, they can hardly be upgraded.

Dell offers the service but costs more than a new one.

true, building a custom would be the best idea. although, i cannot afford to. that's why i would choose between brand names and then finance...

404 girl- what brand do you think is the best?

I don't. ALL brands are utter tripe. Besides, make your own financing: buy a few parts at a time, and wait a while.

did a little search tonight. found a HP with Quad Core 2.44 with excellent Nvidia card, for like 1400 dollars. (7000 DNK,-)

but yeah building your own is always the best,. just be carefull you don't get too exited with water cooling and sh** that's kinda complicated :)

usually it's cheaper to build your own rig but you don't get support with that :P

You don't need support when you have Google. Be your own tech support. It's really not that ****in' hard unless you're an idiot.

Most hardware is getting near to idiot proof really. You generally can't stick wires into holes they're not meant to go. Of course there are exceptions.

As for the topic, PCs are better as they have access to a wider range of games. Although they may cost a little more, they're going to last you longer.

Although they may cost a little more, they're going to last you longer.

My Nintendo 64 from 1996 still runs excellent :D

Although they may cost a little more, they're going to last you longer.

My Nintendo 64 from 1996 still runs excellent :D

Mine to, yay! :D

When I say last you longer, I also mean last you longer, in the fact you will still be able to play newer games on it. When was the last time they made a game for the N64? :P

When I say last you longer, I also mean last you longer, in the fact you will still be able to play newer games on it. When was the last time they made a game for the N64? :P

2000 I think :?

But keeping your pc up to date all the time can turn out quite expensive. :)

you're all listing the problems i have to consider. this is why i created the topic :P

360 is made purely for games (and media), and that is the reason behind me purchasing a new PC. So, i figured instead of spending a load of money on a PC (including updating and whatnot), i'd buy Xbox 360. It has a lot of good games, and has more to come. Some games are only for the 360. also, im about to purchase a ZUNE mp3 player because my iPod is getting old. with th Zune i can stream music wirelessly to my xbox, but enough with the microsoft spamming :P .

it is less costly and smarter to buy 360 for me. luke has a point about the particular way PCs last compared to gaming consoles, but like a few people said gaming consoles last in their own way. i mean till this day i wouldnt mind playing a 4-player match of GOLDEN EYE, or mario kart....

so i bought the 360, and im loving it so far (except i can't figure out how to connect it to my PC network)...anyone have one?

but enough with the microsoft spamming :P

:wtf:

consoles last in their own way. i mean till this day i wouldnt mind playing a 4-player match of GOLDEN EYE, or mario kart....

Yeh me too, nothing beat's these two classics!

Good luck with your XboX mate :)

360 is made purely for games

And so is XPS, BlackBird, Alienware and lots of other stuff..... :rockbrow: