Sign in to follow this  
CCHyper

Possible C&C : X FPS Footage?

Tchutch over at http://www.cncsaga.com/ posted news about this video by a guy called thirdmonster who has over 10 years experience in CGI and worked on tones of projects over the years.

Anyways... I Love CGI, i really do.

Now, Check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSgJn2o4VN0

Goto: 03:04

Now i may be wrong, but you can not doubt this is C&C related, if not, EA related too.

1) Video reel date.

2) Right at the start, i mean in the first second or two, it looks like some Mech legs and possibly Mechs hanging from Dropships.

3) The style of the video reminds me a lot of Renegade, showing the commando.

4) Clearly you can see Dropships (new style) dropping down Predators and possibly a APC or a Harvester, something with a turret.

5) The tanks are with out a doubt 101% like the ones in the TFD poster.

6) I think the commando has a black GDI logo on hes left (looking from behind) shoulder.

7) The switch to First Person Mode, makes me think its connected to the FPS we have heard about.

8 ) Nod bus? Or Nod Transport.

9) Some Scrin style unit attacking the Nod object.

10) If you look to the right when he fires the missiles at the Scrin units, looks a lot like a Tiberium Spike. It has GDI on it too.

11) The HUGE Scrin unit looks like something out of War of the worlds, now if there going with scale, i would say that is a Tripod or something.

Now goto 4:08, see that gold cyborg thing? Looks to me like a concept...

http://img.cncsaga.com/continuum/preproduction/051.jpg

Now think... some of them things are too hard to dismiss... i think we have outsells a guy who rendered possibly the opening sequence to the C&C X : FPS?

I might be really wrong, but still... its something C&C related that no one has seen before.

Thanks to Tchutch for finding this ;)

Fixed the links. ~404

Yeah, I suppose it could be C&C. I saw a APC and a Predator and the big Tripod. Hmm.... Interesting. :)

That guy has some really nice work though.

I doubt 4:08 but I saw Nod in 3:08 so possibly, if it is it looks amazing

3:17: Clearly displaying "NOD"

And from 3:04 the dropships and all

3:11 jumpjets ftw

Anyway, this probably has nothing to do with C&C.

Lol, you also may connect this to RA, because of the badger bombers, hinds and an attack dog in the beginning :lol:

yeh found out that "y-tube" or what u call it just gone offline or something :)

EDIT: that's the ****ing worst music iv'e heard in a looong time!!

the video quality sucks, the only thing I noticed was the "Nod bus" that got thrown into the ground.

BTW that jumping soldier looks like a power ranger.

I'll go with an early CGI concept that was probably created at the start of the design period for C&C 3.

Artists that EA hire to do their concept/design work are all bound to NDA agreements so I highly doubt it would be anything to with any future C&C related products for 2008 and beyond.

Sorry for the crap Google translation.

Good Video is Steven Rogers and a document on its website reads:

Large Battle Scene:

Layout, mechanical animation, some texturing, lighting, special effects. Software:

Maya, Lightwave, Photoshop, After Effects. Client: Command & Conquer (EA Games).

http://web.mac.com/thirdmonster/

And he worked for Zoic Studios

http://www.zoicstudios.com/

Check out hes website for a high resolution of the video. Seems EA is motion this...

Even though the video looks nothing like the game?

If so, why would it be featured in a "2007" video?

ThirdMonster has replied at YouTube...

For those with questions about the Command and Conquer CGI battle at 3:04:

Non-Disclosure Agreement notwithstanding, I can safely say: I don't know WHY we created this project. I was working for a television/film VFX studio when this project came in. As far as I know (at the time--over a year-and-a-half-ago), there was "some new game" being planned (I stress "PLANNED"; very early stage; may have been dumped since), and all the information I could glean was we (at the VFX house) were creating a short animation piece for the game company only. It was an internal type of job (not to be included in any specified game--except maybe as supplemental materials for a release WAY down the line). Sometimes they put things together like this just to get a feel for what the game might look like, to get their artistic juices flowing, or programmers thinking, or to get investors excited, or whatever... kind of like a movie director looking for a proof-of-concept, or even pre-visualization. I don't mean to sound vague, but that is really all I know. The project lasted about 7 weeks, we delivered it, I moved on to my next gig; life of an

artist-for-hire.

Sorry I can't be any more help...but that's all I know.

In other words I was right :P

In other words I was right :P

Actually, I'd say that proves you were wrong, and the video was made for a yet to be released C&C game. Consider that it was a game that according to him was "WAY down the line" and he made it a year and a half ago. A year and a half ago, C&C 3 was not "WAY down the line", it was only 10 months from being released. However, a game like C&C: X which will probably come out in late 2008 or 2009 is definitely something that could be considered "WAY down the line" in May 2006.

Also, it appears that EA's lawyers have made him take it down. While it's possible that they don't want an internal early concept piece for C&C 3 being leaked out, I'd say it's much more likely that they don't want an early concept piece for C&C: X being leaked out since C&C: X hasn't even been officially announced.

Basically, I'm very hopeful that it'll be another C&C FPS, because I loved Renegade, and that video looks awesome (It looks like a nice mesh of Tiberian Sun and C&C 3).

Well ok then so I'm not right. Still doesn't mean anything. A few seconds of concept video doesn't make it solid news in my book.

I think a lot of people are clutching at straws here. Reading to much into a concept video.

I think a lot of people are clutching at straws here. Reading to much into a concept video.

Seriously people, this is internal concept work, it doesn't mean anything.

Well ok then so I'm not right. Still doesn't mean anything. A few seconds of concept video doesn't make it solid news in my book.

That is true. Besides this, and the job listings for C&C: X, there's no real confirmation that'll it come out.

I personally think it's pretty likely though. I think EA wants to start really pushing Command & Conquer as one of its biggest franchises, and to do that, it'll help them to have more than one game in it that is actually less than four and a half years old. C&C was more or less dead in the time span between Zero Hour and C&C 3 (and for purists like me, Yuri's Revenge in 2001 was the last true C&C RTS released before C&C 3). In order to reinvigorate the Command & Conquer brand, it'll also help for the brand to once again stretch into the FPS genre.

Even if I am just clutching at straws though, I'm going to remain hopeful. As I said in my previous post, I really did love Renegade and I've been looking forward to a follow up to it for a long time.

That video is hilarious. What's up with that superman jumping up and down? And those flying creatures around the "NOD" cargo seemed to be from the Matrix Sentinels. And that creature that smashed the cargo came from War of The Worlds.