Sign in to follow this  
PunWisp

Universe At War

Just want to know if all you CNC veterens enjoyed the game, most of my gamers friends said this

"the graphics and the ingame spec are cool and all but its not that special"

I never saw any intrest in playing it, to me, seeing all these demos and such, reminded me of battle of middle earth.

Sure its a ok game but only good for a once in while play.

So give out your opinions, few months ago a lto of you were so hyped and confident this game was going to be a million times better then tiberium wars.

So were you dissapointed, somewhat satisfied but nothing special. totaly satisfied, Or the game was dumb and you hate pple who make claims and hype people.

Sense this game cost so much i will wait a few years until it hits around 30 bucks then ill buy it and play it some. RIght now im ofcused on Empire Earth 3

Give your opinions!

Still waiting on my copy to arrive, but from what i have played in the beta and demo i still believe that it far better than Tiberium Wars ever was. I found the beta to be better than what i was expecting.

Everyone has there own opinions on the game. One thing however that cause me to feel like battle of middle earth was a bit of the gameplayer and graphics for some reason... Anyways any and all RTS EA games have similer RTS styles to it, including when setting up a skirmish on a map, thats normally allways the same

I cant see how you can say that UaW and BFME are similar. BFME was all about small static bases with all sides having the same basic units just with different visuals and stats. Uaw on the other hand bases are never stationary with each side having completely unique units.

Also UaW is not made by EA

Really? i thought UaW was made by EA, interesting... Also im giving my opinion, and also assuming, so i may well be wrong.

UaW is not star wars either

If you're even considering EE3 than whatever you say about the RTS genre should not be credible at all. :haha:

I'll say this once:

Universe at War is the RTS of 2007. Period. It lived up to the hype and as an overall package it obliterates C&C 3, makes SupCom look boring and it kills World in Conflict in terms of originality and gameplay.

Job Done!

i don't know if you realize this but what you said was pure opinion, not fact. From what ive heard from many people and gameplay videos ive seen, the hype diddnt "live up to it" infact hype almost never lives up to what they say, hype is just used to get people excited and buy the game.

Sure it may be a sorta fun game, but i highly doubt unless people have played other RTS games, they will play it all the time, just maybe a little while.

Plus i dont believe its the best RTS of 2007, they say that about every cool game that comes out O.o

The "obliterate" part is also a opinion, some may like C&C 3 better.

Guest Spartan-117²

I dont know.. maybe C&C 3 is better

i don't know if you realize this but what you said was pure opinion, not fact. From what ive heard from many people and gameplay videos ive seen, the hype diddnt "live up to it" infact hype almost never lives up to what they say, hype is just used to get people excited and buy the game.

Your opinion. I hope you realize that. That and you haven't even played the freaking game, I love opinions from people that "heard" about it.

:)

Guest Spartan-117²

I havent played the god damned game...

Guest Rabbit

Then don't post in here! :?

Guest Spartan-117²

i came here to see peoples opinions

I played through the campaign a few days ago and I've been playing multiplayer recently. From how I see it, this game is just as good as C&C3 if not better. I like the extremely different factions. That was something in Red Alert that I liked and I am glad to see it here as well. I agree that UaW does make SupCom look boring and that this game is way better than WiC, but it is certainly different that other RTS games on the market today and it is hard to say whether or not this game tops C&C3. And the soundtrack is godly, as expected. :nod:

Ive seen game plays, ive seen demos my friends played, ive heard plenty of opinions.

Next game ill buy will be the new supreme commander:forged alliances(looks very fun) orUaW. Im not particular seeing any games im truly thirsting for, i have most of the fun RTS games, surpreme commander really looks like one of those games you make real massive armies and kick your enemies ass...

Tell me what is the campaign about? what play style.(oon UaW)

I like campaigns likedawn of war dark crusade, that was a excellant and fun game....EEIII is close to the same way, cant play it that much, agme sucks on my computer, i exit a skirmish game, it reloads a skirmish agme and freezes :S

The campaign is emotional, comedic, and apocalyptic. That's all I will say. Wouldn't want to ruin it for our unfortunate, unamerican friends. :P

so is one of those different wc3 campaigns??(im used to stuff like dawn of war dark crusade)

Ok now that i have the full game after my copy was sent to Germany by mistake i still say it lives up to the hype, not that there was much to begin with. Haven t tried multiplayer or skirmish yet but the singleplayer campaign is great so far. Man i love Novus flow

Guest Spartan-117²

Ive Only played the demo... wasnt too good for me

Ive Only played the demo... wasnt too good for me

The demo is useless. :wink: