Sign in to follow this  
PunWisp

Universe At War

And a story, trademark units, FMVs, better design, a unique build system and atmosphere...

Naturally but the game still plays like Generals.

Indeed it does.

And a story, trademark units, FMVs, better design, a unique build system and atmosphere...

That's a bad thing?

Indeed it does.

But why then am i bored to tears everytime i try to play Generals (Which i did multiple times since it came out), whereas i was excited with TW for six months?

That's a bad thing?

I never said it was bad. Generals plays like StarCraft and that is a very good thing.

But why then am i bored to tears everytime i try to play Generals (Which i did multiple times since it came out), whereas i was excited with TW for six months?

ur doin it wrong.

So let's get this right. You're saying C&C 3 plays like Generals, and therefore Generals plays like Starcraft. That would mean Starcraft plays like C&C 3.

That's a huge contradiction, I'd say. Since C&C 3 and Starcraft couldn't play any differently from each other in my opinion.

Starcraft Redefined Real Time Strategy, it created a cornerstone in the market that some say is still far from being beaten. C&C 3 took a beaten and decrepit franchise, slapped a tonne of make-up on the old bitch to make it look young and fresh, then pimped out the fake looking hooker for $50 a go.

I still stand by the fact that Generals and C&C 3 are different, because they are... Not just visually, but in terms of gameplay and virtually every other mechanic. C&C 3 does not run on the same SAGE engine that was developed for Generals. Even EALA have said that in percentage terms, 93% of the engine code has been re-developed since 2002.

There are only a handful of differences between StarCraft and C&C3, and fewer between SC and Gen. Outside of, say, four things, the games play virtually the same.

C&C 3 took a beaten and decrepit franchise, slapped a tonne of make-up on the old bitch to make it look young and fresh, then pimped out the fake looking hooker for $50 a go.

:) Capt Grumpy is back.

I think that's an overly harsh statement about the franchise. Whatever the result of C&C3, I think the franchise was in much better shape. Evident by the excitement early in the development cycle.

Back on topic, I played the UAW demo.

It was pretty bad.

Yeah, it's not the best demo in the world as it barely scratches the surface of what the game offers... and now I'm having Deja vu.

I have it installed on my PC and yes I pretty much like it. If I get my scholarship I'm gonna buy it...

I will not complain or moan about Universe at War because I like the game and I got my copy for free from the cool dudes at Petroglyph :P

Heh, is there any game you have to pay for :P

i tested in my days when i was active on petrogamers with the name victorvndoom but i didnt like the fact they kept us waiting with the final patch.So i didnt got it yet sofar , i am bit busy with other 'projects' like c&c 3 kain wrath, Star wars EAW/FOC and World of warcraft