What are your hopes for the game. I just heard about this from a friend that they were making a first person shooter C&C that si suppose to be way better then Renegade, he saw this in a gamers magazine....

Opinions and hopes?

Nothing will ever be better than Renegade in the FPS genre. << My opinion. Just so you don't get your brain hurting, Punwisp.

Heretic! Renegade isn't the best FPS, it's in the range of good-excellent, but it will NEVER be a Halo or Half-Life.

As for opinions on Tiberium, well, I think it'll be quite good. Especially since EA now incorporates CryTek, and they're darned good developers. I hope that the engine of Tiberium is a CryTek engine, and that the CryTek helps in the development of Tiberium. Or maybe Dice helps in the making of the multiplayer component. That would be ****ING awesome!

Heretic! Renegade isn't the best FPS, it's in the range of good-excellent, but it will NEVER be a Halo or Half-Life.

Am i the only person that doesn't think halo and half life are the best FPS games ever?

Nothing will ever be better than Renegade in the FPS genre.

Renegade as single player game is far from great, the single player campaign is good for a once through but for Westwood's first and only FPS is was ok. No replay value.

Renegade multiplayer was and still is excellent. It was simply well done and many people still play it today.

s for opinions on Tiberium, well, I think it'll be quite good. Especially since EA now incorporates CryTek, and they're darned good developers. I hope that the engine of Tiberium is a CryTek engine, and that the CryTek helps in the development of Tiberium.

Crytek and CryEngine2 have nothing to do with Tiberium. All sources report that Tiberium uses the Unreal 3 Engine.

Am i the only person that doesn't think halo and half life are the best FPS games ever?

Not Halo, but Half-Life is still the king, top of the food chain. It is the measuring stick to which other games are measured. Look at how so many FPS game in recent years have used the Half-Life style of story telling.

Guest Spartan-117²

I agree with the Halo thing and the half life

but I also think the Tom Clancy series are great

Tiberium? maybe it might get on my list

If your a C&C fan..... its on your list.... you know it is :P

I don't really have that much interest in this game at it stands currently. It'll be a mild distraction no doubt, but I doubt it'll be in anything special. Just another FPS to the already stupidly large list.

Am i the only person that doesn't think halo are the best FPS games ever?

You have to be ****ing ****ting me! Halo the best FPS game ever! Pff...

I don't play FPS games that much, they aren't my thing and I don't like Halo. Haven't played Half-life so no opinions about that. I hope that Tiberium will be something really cool.

my opinion DONT make it a wanaby battlefield 2 of call of duty game make the gameplay original like in renegade

Renegade as single player game is far from great, the single player campaign is good for a once through but for Westwood's first and only FPS is was ok. No replay value.

Renegade multiplayer was and still is excellent. It was simply well done and many people still play it today.

Well of course I was implying at MP, anyone who thought the SP of Renegade was good needs to be hurt, a lot. :nod: The MP was the uniquest thing I've ever seen in any FPS.

Same. Halo is just popular, it's fun, but it's nothing that should get it up there with "the best". Half Life is the best SP game, but MP wise... all you got is HL Deathmatch, not that fun of a game. :P

After skimming through tons of screenshots and previews, my preliminary opinion is: Tiberium= Greatness

I love CnC, and i love tactical FPS. The perfect combination! :P

Imho, it wont be like Renegade, given how serious the game is. It still centers around your being a commando unit, but youre going to make strategic decisions instead of mimicking Rambo like in Renegade, akin to playing a general in WiC or obviously, a commando in CnC3.

Also this new FPS will be better then Renegade, my friend ahs alrady told me a lot of cool things there doing to it and ive already read some things about it.

Also i still think Fear is the best FPS ever, One special effects that beats any other is the drag doll affect that halo doesnt have as much of

Fear has over then 700 different drag doll effects, different fall angles, different fly back motions etc. My most fav is using a shotgun on someone when you do slow motion, jump in thee air and hear the dude say "oh ****!!!" and watch them get blown to half and the top and bottom half flys across the room.

Cant say halo has more drag doll effects... Fear has currently the most drag doll effects out of any FPS game. Thats why the graphics werent the best, the gameplay and drag doll effects were excellant, this agme is on 360 too...

Anyway, this game will be great, a fun FPS to play for a while

Guest Spartan-117²

If your a C&C fan..... its on your list.... you know it is :P

I havent played Renagade.. either so I might get it

Renegade is fun, for a while at least, wasnt bad anyway, it was fun

I can agree, it uses a system no other FPS uses.

Guest Spartan-117²

Halo can do better. The Tom Clancy Series can be better.

Well of course I was implying at MP, anyone who thought the SP of Renegade was good needs to be hurt, a lot. :nod: The MP was the uniquest thing I've ever seen in any FPS.

Same. Halo is just popular, it's fun, but it's nothing that should get it up there with "the best". Half Life is the best SP game, but MP wise... all you got is HL Deathmatch, not that fun of a game. :P

QFT

Well, storyline-wise, Half-Life rocks... But all in all, I like Halo and the Cry games gameplay... For Halo, it's unique (up until recently, that is) melee combat was something... And then there was it's different take on dual wielding, weapon and grenade usage, as well as dynamic tactics... Crysis and FarCry both whup ass, what with all those gizmos and innovation and ****...

As for Tiberium using the Unreal 3 Engine, well, that's quite a venerable engine.

As for MP, Renegade has nice MP, one of the best I've played (second only to the Battlefield games, Halo and Half-Life)... But it story was not really much... Although I kept playing it until I got every objective (including the tertiary ones)...

Halo IS one of the best, and is unique in many aspects, although Half-Life and Quake still hold a special place in my collection.

Renegade was crap in single player but the multiplayer was awesome imo. i hope 'Tiberium' (poor name btw) is closer to that than say bf2142.

Half-Life > All Other FPS games

Hey if you need good multiplayer, you could always get cool mods for your Half-Life.

I hope Tiberium will get a new name in first place... As for the making I hope it's made like Crysis or better!