EdmundW

My C&C Tiberian Dawn game arrived today!!!

Although I have C&C TD in The First Dacade form, and PS1, I thought (as I am such a big TD fan) I should purchase the original big box version of it. It arrived this morning. I have it on my computer desk right now as I am typing. The manual is really thick.

Do any of you have the game in this form?

Guest Spartan-117²

nope can get it

lol your very loyal. :)

out of interest, how much did you pay for it?

I have the original huge red soviet themed box and the CD + the manual of Red Alert 1. The manual is just awesome!

Guest Spartan-117²

I lost all my C&C games pre RA2

It cost 8 pounds (with post and packing) from ebay. I think I bought the last one.

Guest Spartan-117²

and 8 pounds in USD is? (U.S. Dollar)

No, in English pounds. (£).

Type 'command and conquer 1995' into google images, go to page 2, and there should be a pic of what I bought, it isn't the exact one I bought though.

How do you put an image into a reply anyway?

Guest Spartan-117²
How do you put an image into a reply anyway?

that Edmund is simple just use a website like Imageshack to process a image into a image link like so. Below is a picture and a link to a good website that will help you

command09jr0.th.jpg

just click on it and you will be brought to the website and scroll down a little then you should see something like this

helpsc6.th.jpg

circled in red

I HAD the DOS version and the Gold version, aswell and all the magazines and Prima Strategy Guides.

But oh so Miss Mother Nature decided to make rain fall high and flood the floor of my house, and at that time the computer was downstairs :(

The discs survived though, but nothing else...

Unlucky. Those magazines and Strategy Guides must have been quiet old and rare.

We recieved 5 inches of rain here in Brize Norton (the most in the UK apparently). But luckily I live on a hill so the water only flooded my utility room.

Has the original box. Got it for my 5 or 6 th birthday or something.

Also has Red Alert and Tiberian Sun boxes.

Kinda sad the new C&C games doesn't come with boxes and huge manuals and posters :l

Yeah, I like the thick manuals, although the huge boxes would be very annoying to store on your computer desk. That's probably why they made them smaller, because they know that people have more PC games these days. I have 7 fairly new PC games, and if they were as big as the old ones I wouldn't be able to keep them on my shelf.

As soon as I get a new game I find an "image" so I don't have to scratch and mess around with the cd's..

I mean CD's are kinda old technolegy.

and not that smart either.

If I had to distribute games I would sell them as USB sticks instead.

Ditto, originals stay in the box, copy's are made :P

Originals are now way up out of the way xD

Maybe you guys are just to damn rough handling the discs?

Pictured below is the box and CDs to my first copy of C&C DOS, purchased all the way back in 1995.

box_front_back_small.jpg case_cds_small.jpg

And after all these years the CD still look new and can be read just as the day I got them. And trust me those CDs got a lot of use. This was back when one player could use the GDI disc and another player could use the Nod disc in MP LAN games.

Yes, me and my bro still play LAN with the Nod and GDI discs :D

and 8 pounds in USD is? (U.S. Dollar)

8 British pounds = 15.8192 U.S. dollars

www.google.com

Anyway, I have C&C+CO, RA1(still looking for counterstrike, aftermath), TS+FS, RA2+YR, Gens+ZH, along with the first decade. FTW!!!

i got Counterstrike and Aftermath with Worldwide warfare so i don't have them in original packaging

Only games of mine that survived are Worldwide Warfare and Tiberian Sun, all the orignal Big Boxes. The rest are the CD's that survived. As much as i can get the old ones again on EBay in almost perfect condition, they can never replace them.

I sold Worldwide Warfare once. Big mistake, which I regretted twice already. Until TFD was released, of course.

i am trying to get the entire cnc series in big box edition now. So far i have Aftermath and TD. Alot more to go.