nialz

how do i add tib sun units into yuri's revenge using tibed?

I know how to use tibed roughly but i dont understand how for example i add the mammoth tank into yuri's..like do i just add new vehicle and enter the same rules? and what about the art file?

any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Guest Rabbit

You're on the right track, but what you'll have to do is put the Mammoth Tank art file from Tiberian Sun into your Red Alert 2 directory.

does this also work the other way round? like adding ra2 units into TS?

Problem is, RA2 units are about 150% of the size of TS ones. They need to be resized to look good.

so how does one grab the ra2 units and port them into ts with the right size ?

and does it work with ra1 units to ?

Edited by akumu

Do you know ANYTHING about modding at all? Do some research before asking such stupid questions.

if you want to use SHP files you need to convert the type from the original type to yuri's type

and for the voxels (*.vxl) you would need to just deal with size unless you want to remake the unit

and for the ini info you gotta be careful with just copying the unit, for a mammoth i would start with the apocalypse tank and try and make the settings as similar as you can to the old version

PS. I used to mod RA1, TS, FS, RA2, and Yuri's in and out, over and over many times; i have a LOT of experience there, and i also have a crap load of unit images and ini info if you want any ;) (a lot of really cool ones too!)

and

Do you know ANYTHING about modding at all? Do some research before asking such stupid questions.

you don't have to be a jerk, simply didn't know and wanted help

Edited by BlyTwo

there are plenty of tutorials around...