Sign in to follow this  
EdmundW

Soviet are so overpowering on Red Alert: Aftermath!!!

I got my Red Alert Aftermath game out today. I played a skirmish on it, to my great horror I realised that Soviet are so much better than Allied! On Red Alert 1, Allied had better boats, such as the crusier and the destroyer. But Soviet had better structures, infantry, tanks and air units. But then on the expansion packs (The Aftermath and Counterstrike) they gave Soviet Missile Subs which are better and cheaper than crusiers. They also gave Soviet Tesla Tanks and Tesla Troopers, and Demo Trucks. All they gave Allied was the Mechanic and the Chrono Tank which are both completely useless! I thought they would make the teams even in the expansion packs but they made the teams even more unfair. It should be patched!!

Who agrees with me?

P.S: I haven't played Red Alert in a long while so don't blame me if you already know all of this.

It is commonly known the soviets overpower the allies. Aftermath made it worse by introducing missile subs (But then again, who uses navy anyway :P)

Btw, demo trucks are also available to allies. MAD tanks are soviet only.

The Allies can easily go toe to toe with the Soviets. You have to hit and run with Light Tanks and build up on Medium Tanks. And use Rocket Soldiers againt Heavy Tanks! Infantry are still very useful as the Allies.

Rush with Tanya APCs too.

Allies have the advantage early on, but once soviets got TC's, there's no win for allies.

But Allied don't have any good base defences, Soviet also get Rocket Soldiers and Tanya, (which I think is completely stupid, as she is only available on Allied missions). The only thigs better about the Allied infantry is the Medic, Spy and Thief - all of which are utterly useless, although thieves can be useful sometimes - and the better things about the Soviet infantry is that they get Grenadiers, Flamethorwers and Tesla Troopers - which are all quite good. The only better thing about Allied structures is their Tech Centre which reveals the map - although Soviet Spy Planes could do the job. Soviet have better Tanks - no question about it. Soviet get the Airfield - which is overpowering for its price - so they have better air units. And now in Aftermath and Counterstrike Soviet have better boats.

So Soviet are better than Allied on Red Alert 1. Although is is definitely still possible to win as Allied on a Skirmish, just buy loads of Med. Tanks.

You'll be surprised what you can do with a few well placed turrets, and pillboxes literally eat infantry like it's nothing. If you want to win as the Allies, you absolutely must use their speed to your advantage. They can fire on Soviet tanks and outrun most of their shots. I've used a total of 14 Light Tanks to stop an advance of 6 Mammoth Tanks without losing a tank. So don't give me this Allies are weak bull****. They're plenty capable of beating the Soviets into the ground.

There is no stopping a few tesla coils with walls around them.

Also, Mammoths are useless, heavies are so much better.

MAD tanks are fun. especially as you get a technician out of them :P

There is no stopping a few tesla coils with walls around them.

Also, Mammoths are useless, heavies are so much better.

That's what Longbow spam is for.

Yus, but rocket apc's do the job as well.

Guest Anti-Marine

Many units can pwn the Russians (If you use them correctly)

Walls + Tesla Coils = Pwnage

Guest Anti-Marine

I mean like attacking the Russians with Allies.

Just not many units are very helpful... the spy is fail when dogs are around, the tanks are going to get raped when a couple of heavy tanks are around

The best way to do it (In my words) is to get decent rush force, then rush them with whatever you got.

ouch....666th post

I think the only way to win as an allies is to use GPS satellite to your advantage. Longbow+GPS >>> any soviet air force

(sorry for bumping a 2 years old thread, but this must have been said)

Here is your solution for your problem EdmundW!

http://ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28739

I created a Mod for RA1 3.03 Aftermath which exactly deals with the problem that the Soviets are so overpowered.

My Mod balances the game, adds new units like the Flame Tank, Rocket Launcher, Stealth Tank, Volkov, A10-Bomber and the Helicarrier and improves the game.

Have fun !!! ;)

Edited by Bullet

For Mother Russia!

Comander Starlin agrees, for the Mother Land!

at the end of the day Doc says it right they designed it with a equal and opposite way to combat each unit it is all about the strategy!

Guest Rabbit

Does anybody read anything? :rolleyes: