Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Sex Scenes? NO WTF!

Yeah, its a pretty awesome title huh? :P

Anyways, down to the meat and potatoes of this awesome thread of mine.

This involves Fox news, which is of course full of ****. But this is very lolable **** this time round. :P

So basically, Fox are rambling on about Mass Effect, which has a few nudity scenes and such. And of course they go and blow it the hell out of proportion as they do. And every starts bitches and whinning blah blah blah...

Apparently it got SO bad, that EA gets involved..

Electronic Arts, likely sick of having their recently-acquired role-playing franchise Mass Effect dragged through the mud on national television, has requested that Fox News Channel correct their error-plagued segment on the game.

In the letter, which cites Kotaku, Jeff Brown, EA's vice president of communications, asks Teri VanHorn, producer of the Live Desk with Martha MacCallum, to clarify "serious errors" the channel made in their Mass Effect story.

So after being Owned by an open letter by EA to Fox. Fox and their silly people end up apologising about the event.

Anyway, one of the chicks involved was some psychologist Cooper Lawrence, who rambled on about a whole lot of crap she doesn't really understand. She apologised also. But it gets better, the gaming community was so ****** they went and spammed the **** out of one of her newly released books over at Amazon. Something like 300 odd reviews, with about 280 of them all being 1 star rants and raves... :P

I find this all HIGHLY amusing... All links and such for this can be found below. :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/163925.html

http://kotaku.com/348187/ea-calls-fox-out-...ct-inaccuracies

http://kotaku.com/348355/quack-gets-amazon...-rating-spammed

Adam Sessler responded to Fox News, the video was deleted by youtube so I can't link the vid.

"Taking a cue" from Fox, Adam Sessler summed up the incident in a G4 segment X-Play[54], and gave a review for Mrs. Lawrence's book: "I haven't read your book, but it completely sucks. I for one feel that it should be kept out of the hands of impressionable young women who have feared that they too might develop into the apalling simpleton that you have demonstrated yourself to be ." Sessler said this to "mimic" what Lawrence and Fox News was representing in Mass Effect.
Edited by Louis EX

I think it's time to slip in the

on this! :P

Must resist O word... I never liked Adam so I just skip past but w/e he says and went down to Saracen's video...

"I'd hit that..."

This is something we have seen before. I mean San Andreas...violence is okay, language is okay, racism is okay, glorifying criminal activity is okay, but sex between two consenting adults is not okay? I read a few articles on this where the debate on sex being more wrong than violence had been done to death, I might find and transcribe them.

Honestly, the Mass Effect critics sound like they have the same level of intelligence as Jack Thompson when he said The Sims was made for paedophiles, or whoever made it so that women cannot be in the Smackdown games anymore.

Speaking of Jack...

Here's what he had to say about this.

Honestly, the Mass Effect critics sound like they have the same level of intelligence as Jack Thompson when he said The Sims was made for paedophiles, or whoever made it so that women cannot be in the Smackdown games anymore.

They're the same ones who made up stuff about Anon. So, my impression of this Fox News is that they're full of s***.

Perhaps they fear the power of interactive entertainment and that it'll take away their viewers. At least that's what I heard...

Honestly Jack Thompson is mad. He has to be given the outrage he displayed when he failed to get Canis Canem banned, what an absolute joke that was, him attacking everyone he could. He claimed Sims is a pedophile's paradise. This guy needs to be locked up.

That X-Play episode was priceless.

And as for our "top psychologist," I'm leafing through another one of her books on Amazon.com, "The Fixer-Upper Man."

I haven't even gotten past the preface and already I have to burst out laughing ("You think men really came up with the idea for indoor plumbing?")

Yeah... people who are interested in weird trival like me should know that yes, the major figures in modern indoor plumbing were in fact men.

My opinion? Ladies, save your money and talk to your mothers again. While your parents aren't infalliable, they're certainly a better source of advice then this quack.

HOLY THREAD NECROMANCY, BATMAN!

Thank you for pointing that out Dr. D, I actually didn't notice the date of the post before me.

Besides, who cares?

Edited by Gen. Yuri

Everyone cares. Now we can all jump on you like, well something that jumps on people!

ALALALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!