Sign in to follow this  
Thierry

Remove

Do you think its a good idea that we can exchange mods? (exhange .tib files so you can play other mods)  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, love it
    • Yes, but needs a change
    • No, not me
    • Never

When you added a line in an previousely empty box (Command bttn, OCL etc.) then that box is used and active and uses the line you entered. Whenever I want to remove the line, the line is removed but the box is still active and then the computer crashes because it doesn't know what to do with an empty box thats active. If there is a way in which I could disable it again so that its no longer used that would be great.

About the poll guys, do you think someone should raise a site or something at the TibEd Site in which we can exchange mods? (if you want to)

Remove key is something that I'll have to add. It's a needed feature.

About the mod exchange: I recommend exchanging the BIG files of mods instead of Tib files, because then you can drop the dependency on TibEd and support other mods too. Something like this could be setup, with all mods being Mod Selector compatible, but I do not have the webspace to do it (nor do I have the time). Sonic might have some webspace...

Well, I also got my own little website and maybe I could put it there but its still in Dutch and I have to work on the english part. (or make all of it english). I'm not very good with websites but I think I have the space and the time.

Yeah, its funny huh?

What do you think about exchanging mods?

Koen, about my site. I could put a page there for the mod exchange but I only need to know how to get the .BIG files. I can have e-mails with a size of max 15MB. I think I'll translate my site into english.

If you select "Export mod" from TibEd, it will create a file ModName.big in a folder called "mods" under your Generals/ZH folder. Those are the files you're looking for.

However, maybe I need to do something about not including INI files which aren't changed into the BIG file... because I don't know how big the BIG file becomes if you compress it with zip?

The problem isn't the big files but how to get them. If someone uses a different mod builder, how do I get the BIG files then. My site is almost ready. It'll be done in a hour, maybe 2. Do you want me to make a page for the mods? (not TibEd)

YES! I've finally changed my website and its now in English. I've created a Mod page and all I need are the mods.

I see what you mean. Other mods can be converted into BIG files by using FinalBIG and putting all files in the right places and adding a file called 'modinfo.ini' inside the BIG file. You can also create a TibEd project, go to the project explorer, remove all the files there, and then import the mod's files in there. I haven't tried this but it should work like a charm, then you can let TibEd make the BIG file.

Note that you are going to need the consent of the author of the mod to do such a thing.

I know I need the Authors permission. I got my site redy for the mods but I only don't know what FinalBig is (maybe I'm just a moron). Incase you don't know my webadress its here. www.dreamworx.nl/thierry

The site ifself still needs work but I can add mods.

Sounds like a good idea.

Finalbig is a program that allows you to open and extract the ini files from the BIG file to edit them manually, then reinsert them to use.

Sounds good, where do I get it? My website is ready (for mods) so any mods can be send.

Koen, maybe its a good idea also put TIB files on my site for those that only use Tibed. If then there is someone that uses something else I could give that person the entire BIG file. This would make it a lot easier. (maybe I should make two pages, 1 for TIB and 1 for BIG files)

Koen, or anybody. The mods can be plkaced. All I need is the mods itself. The mods that Tbed 2 creates are a lot smaller now right?

Starting with the latest alpha 13 prerelease, they've become a lot smaller (since unchanged files are no longer saved). So if you change nothing, the mod will only be 1K. Exception: when updating the game, files are no longer identical and your mod will become big again...

OK.

All I need now are the mods to put on the website 8)