Sign in to follow this  
TheRoadToDawn

Tiberium Petition

Troopzor, aka Evinco, has started a petition trying to get back the C&C style play on EA's upcoming game: Tiberium. The site is here.

As you know, this is not a sequel to the original C&C Renegade. I have yet to hear if there will be side choices online but I do know that Tiberium will not have constructive bases like the previous Renegade had.

I know petitions do not usually work, learned that lesson with Halogen...lol...., but maybe EA will pay attention and address this issue.

But to quote CnCDen's Lion, "I would assume it's too late to incorporate Renegade style gameplay". Maybe, Maybe not.

I ask that a post be put up on the page for fans and old Renegade hicks like me so they could sign off for it.

My Signature states, "In my view EA, you might have all the best intentions but Tiberium is not a Tiberian Universe game without the old C&C Renegade style playing. Many people just want to see a Renegade 2 type game. I loved how you could explore the game of Tiberian Dawn from the ground up.

I used Westwood's ingenuity of the interior designs of both GDI and Nod's structures and incorporated them into my sketches and other art. But to know that there will be no bases that you could build off of, defend, or assault like a true C&C game; well to me personally, this will be a huge negative factor when decision time comes for me to buy this product or not. I just do not get at as to why this is not a Command & Conquer type game yet it continues the story for GDI in the Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars era.

I am willing to keep an open eye on Tiberium and see how the reviews play out, and Lion from CnCDen might be right about being too late to change the product, but i will say this now I will probably rent the game first before making my final decision to buy Tiberium or not."

Edited by TheRoadToDawn

I was with you till you said petition then I stopped reading. :)

Should of brought this up as soon as Tiberium was announced. I doubt EA has time to implement it and would even bother. Maybe they can do it with a Tiberium Expansion pack? I donno, there's other ways they could do this later. I'll sign your petition to add on my note that I would like to see it later because I really think it's too late to implement.

Tiberium : Classic could be a possible idea.

I put: I think it's too late to add the classic Renegade mode to Tiberium, but please consider it deeply in future games or possible Tiberium expansion packs!

Edited by TheBlackout

I'll sign your petition to add on my note that I would like to see it later because I really think it's too late to implement.

You make it sound like I am a fanatic at this stuff. lol.

I just thougth it would be cool 2 go back to the classics and ur right for the possibility of an expansion. This petition is not big for me and I probably do need to rent this game first, because of money issues and my gaming PC is not as it once was. lol.

Signed. Prob too late, but still. C&C mode was too awesome to just let it die.

You make it sound like I am a fanatic at this stuff. lol.

No, I didn't really. I reread my post and I don't know where you got that impression. :mellow:

Edited by TheBlackout

Not signing this. Let the mods have room to breath, and give Tiberium the space to do something new. Building turrets or walls would be great though.

Dude maybee this game will good after all who knows we need to play it first then see if it doesent live up to renegade teories are just teories lets just wait for it and see

Not signing this. Let the mods have room to breath, and give Tiberium the space to do something new. Building turrets or walls would be great though.

Well shoot I was reading it somewhere that this game was going to be hard to mod. Might have been a post of CnCDen. Not going to confirm anything nor start a rumor, but I just wanted to let that be known.

I am hoping that you can choose Mechs, Tanks, Armor, or Weapons in certain military buildings (Barracks, Weapons Factory, you know, so it could behave just a little like a C&C game) and not have them appear like they do on the Halo games.

Sorry to TheBlackout. I was kinda in a mood that day. But I have been known for my petition pushings. I'll take better caution when reading posts. lol

I am willing to give it some space as long as it follows the story line well. I would hate to see a FPS repetition of what Halo 2 cliff hangers did to the Halo storyline. lol

Edited by TheRoadToDawn

Well shoot I was reading it somewhere that this game was going to be hard to mod.

To be honest, since this game uses the UT3 engine. It'd just be best to use UT3 for modding instead. This way people are not going to be stuck with the hardcoding changes to the engine, and UT3 offers so much modding potential, it's more of a sure-fire choice.

Somehow though, I can't see even 10% of the modding community using their brains and doing that. If this game is a tough cookie to mod, they'll try it anyway, and then complain endlessly instead of just doing what I said above.

Because people will want the *friendliness* of the CNC modding community. Branching out into the real world might be too scary!

Besides the people that would benefit from playing the mods often might not even have UT....and it'd only be worth it anyway for total conversions.

I am hoping that you can choose Mechs, Tanks, Armor, or Weapons in certain military buildings (Barracks, Weapons Factory, you know, so it could behave just a little like a C&C game) and not have them appear like they do on the Halo games.

Theyre dropped in like in WiC, only without crates.

Theyre dropped in like in WiC, only without crates.

And are they buible at least?

What do you mean by that? You order them, that i dont know how.

do you buy reinforcements'

i don't have high hopes for this game, it seems EA is trying to appeal less to the die-hard fans who played Renegade (minority) than players who are new to the game and just want any old simple high-graphical fps (majority). Also you can't play as Nod in single player which imo should definitly be implemented.