Dr. Rodney McKay

Random Stargate topic

Speaking of Stargate SG-1, has anyone else noticed a striking resemblance between the Ori and the Brotherhood of Nod? Similar goals, which are achieved similarly. How badass would a Stargate-CNC crossover be?

Speaking of Stargate SG-1, has anyone else noticed a striking resemblance between the Ori and the Brotherhood of Nod? Similar goals, which are achieved similarly. How badass would a Stargate-CNC crossover be?

It wouldn't be, so 0%. :P

Pff Nod would so kick the Ori's ***, they don't even have tanks FFS. :P

Yeah yeah, we're see how committed you are when avatars are stomping your stupid Priors. :P

Priors are beacons on the road to enlightenment. We'll see how committed you are when 8 Ori Battlecruisers bombard Earth and terrible plagues are visited upon your homes.

On topic: I changed my name to Kofi Kingston, from Behold the King. Jamaica rules.

Edited by Kofi Kingston

It wouldn't be, so 0%. :P

Seconded :nod:

Inferno's opinion is no longer valid in the view of the Ori.

Screw the Ori :nod:

That wasn't nice, :( . The Ori are our friends. They need nothing from us.

We really need an RP forum.

Edited by Kofi Kingston

The Might of the Ship Cleaving Sword Will take you out in the name of Kane!

We need an rp bord... I would really shine.

I'd kick your *** in the RP board so badly, you'd have a crack in it. HAW HAW HAW. I AM SO FUNNY.

Kane's views are correct, if a bit misdirected. But don't worry, we will have him thinking the way we do in no time.

The Might of the Ship Cleaving Sword Will take you out in the name of Kane!

We need an rp bord... I would really shine.

No. No we don't. :huh:

You mean Nod Liquid Tiberium Missile, Theirry. :)

You mean Nod Liquid Tiberium Missile, Theirry. :)

That would be the case if our beloved friend Redmond didn't steal everything.

To be fair if either Nod or GDI got up and into space, then the Ori wouldn't stand much chance to be honest. For one thing GDI and Nod personnel are smart enough to know what they are doing and as such are more useful in a tight situation. The Ori followers are mostly backward people who don't know any better. Whilst the Ori Technology might be useful, its remained the same for thousands of years, highlighting their lack of any foward thinking or any ability to think outside the box. Also consider the stupidly of using something like a stargate to transport troops to hostile planets, enough said there.

In the end in a battle between GDI/Nod and the ORI, whilst the Ori would no doubt be superior initally their sheer lack of being able to adapt to situations and lack of proper understanding of technologies and tactics (Due to a lack of any previous war experience, when compared with GDI and Nod who have been going at it for nearly 50 years now), they will ultimately be outclassed and eventually crushed. :)

So you're really telling me that an international band of terrorists and a defense group with half of its command structure taken out can stand up to an intergalactic empire that takes planets in multiples? They can take ten planets in the span of time it takes the Nod and GDI to set up a base.

And they don't often use Stargates. Their battleships, which are completely impervious to anything short of an Asgard Beam weapon, send out fighters to drop ring platforms and they ring down. The only time they would ever need to open a Wormhole through a Supergate is if they are somehow down to their last Battlecruiser. Open the gate, send in more, GAME OVER! HAW HAW HAW.

Edited by Kofi Kingston

An intergalactic empire whose main military force consists of peasants and farmers? Please, the only strength with the Ori lies with their Priors, whom would easily become prime targets for elimination.

As far as taking over planets is concerned this makes them hugely vulnerable, the sheer amount of troops and the necessary logistics required to properly hold and maintain a planet are immense, and you expect a bunch of farmers and peasants to accomplish this task? Attacking a planet and holding a planet are two very different things, that sheer fear and violence will never achieve. Nod troops are ideally placed to causing huge damage to so called secure locations and areas on earth. It would be a simple manner to replicate this on a gala tic scale.

As far as battleships goes being invulnerable, please... It took those idiots at SG1, what 3 years? To get weapons technology good enough to pwn the Ori? And that is working on a seriously depleted budget of the US military. Do you really think it would take GDI or Nod personnel to find and exploit similar technologies.

Then you have the addition of Tiberium to the equation and all the technology that brings with it.

So I will concede that GDI/Nod would be at a great disadvantage initially against Ori Battlecrusiers, but that would change easily. On the ground it wouldn't even be a fair fight. Tanks > Men GG. :)

The thing with the weapons is that they got them from the Asgard after they committed mass suicide. There's no possible way for GDI or NoD to replicate it without the actual weapon, and acquiring that in the CnC universe would be next to impossible. There is no way around this. The only known defeats of an Ori Battleship are with the Asgard Beam Weapons, or the Unstable Wormhole Vortex of an activating Supergate.

You don't understand the Ori Ground Force. There are millions upon trillions of Ori Warriors armed with powerful staff weapons and an unshakable faith in the Ori. More than enough to hold a planet, if need be. And these aren't just farmers and peasants. Well, maybe they were, but still. They are trained for the sole purpose of taking over the Milky Way.

Besides, the Priors do most of the work anyway. They go to planets alone and preach of Origin and hand out the book of Origin, then leave for another world. Then they return a few days later to see if they accept. If they do, good golly gee gosh. If they don't, the villagers have plagues and other nonsense brought down upon them until they accept. If they still do not accept Origin, then Ori battlecruisers ASPLODE them. Simple and effective.

And finally, how are the Nod and GDI going to get a big-enough force to take every planet from the Ori? In the off chance this does happen, all the Ori have to do is dial the Supergate, retreat, replenish, and come back with a bigger force. Have fun trying to dial a supergate Kane. :P

Who knows what lurks in the dark gloomy skies of the C&C universe? Who knows what awesome technologies the Scrin have at their disposal? Besides who knows what a Tiberium infused weapon could do to those pesky Battlecrusiers. Besides you can't pick and choose what technologies are in this little "make believe land" to best suit you points anyway. ;)

As for the ground forces, they have the same amount of training as conscripts. They haven't spent their lives training nor had to fight for their own survival. They wouldn't last 5 minutes in a one of one fight with a GDI or Nod solider, as far as Nod militants go though, lol... haha, maybe but still. :P Besides their ground force have no heavy weapons, as in tanks, nor any proper support units or abilities. Their entire force is far to dependent on one unit, the Prior, which as previously said would be taken out at the earliest opportunity. Not to mention fear will only drive a man so much before he begins to question what he is really doing.

You can't go around blowing up planets and annihilating populations and expect their won't be a backlash. Any kind of peace that is established will be constantly undermined by insurgents and resistant groups, which will make life anything but pleasant. And do you think that Nod, is above unleashing its own biological and chemical weapons on Ori controlled worlds for the same devastating effects?

As far as the Ori running away, again, you don't think that Nod forces wouldn't go down the insanity route and start blowing up suns (Throw a stargate in a sun, bye bye solar system) and unleashing their nasty biological and chemical weapons in the Ori home galaxy? I mean it would only take one Tiberium infused missile to totally wipe out all human life on a planet. Nod being as stealthy and as secretive as they are, it would be very difficult for the Ori to deal with this type of threat. As it wouldn't be in the form of a battle group, but some crappy stealth craft.

I never picked what technologies are in my made up universe. I was only stating that in the Stargate universe, only Asgard Beam Weapons or the Vortex of a Supergate have destroyed an Ori Battleship. For all we know, the shields of the Ori Battleship could be weak to Tiberium or Joe Kucan's baldness and girlish voice. ;)

It isn't fear that drives an Ori soldier. It's the belief that they will ascend when they die is what drives them. Besides, there's hardly ever going to be a time when you'll encounter a lone Ori Soldier. They travel in groups. And, for the record, they never said that they didn't have heavy armor or anything(Except for their starships). The Priors are also exceptionally hard to kill. For one, they have an energy shield similar to the Orici Adria's. They also can resurrect the dead, use telekinesis, control certain types of energy, infect people with a highly deadly and contagious disease, and turn people into zombies that attack everything(or something.).

You know, with the Ori's power, they actually can do that. Any resistance forces would have to be extremely skilled to mount a resistance that lasts more than five minutes, due in part to the majority of the galaxy's renaissance-level of technology. As for NoD's missiletastic missiles, they'd get intercepted before you could say "TAX EXEMPTION".

Dude, throwing a stargate into a sun would do nothing more than destroy the stargate. It's a giant hunk of metal. And how the hell would the NoD get to the Ori home galaxy? The supergate would close behind the Ori Battlecruisers, leaving the NoD no way to dial the gate. And, for the record, the Ori are ascended beings. They have no physical form. They exist as pure energy on a higher plane of existence. Good luck making Tiberium Missiles ascend. :P

You know, this topic gives me an idea for a mod.

Edited by Kofi Kingston

And, for the record, the Ori are ascended beings. They have no physical form. They exist as pure energy on a higher plane of existence. Good luck making Tiberium Missiles ascend. :P

I get the feeling Kane knows a thing or two about that.

No, I don't think he does. If CandyKane were really an ascended being, the Ancients would be all like "WTF NOOB?!!!!11 U INTERFERE WIT MORTALS!". Then he'd get the ascended ban hammer. GAME OVER.

Am I high? <_<

Edited by Kofi Kingston