Sonic

New Red Alert 3 Screen Shots and Art

The hottest news in the C&C community right now is Red Alert 3 and it gets even hotter with the first set of in game screen shots and some promotional art work. With these images I've opened our Red Alert 3 Gallery section.

thumb_screen1.jpg thumb_screen2.jpg thumb_screen3.jpg

thumb_screen4.jpg thumb_screen5.jpg thumb_screen6.jpg

normal_concept10.jpg

Click here to see the full gallery. Plus we have opened our Red Alert 3 forum. CNCNZ.com's Red Alert 3 coverage begins now!

Will that be the logo for RA3? I believe it is artistically creative, but needs to be anything but all red.

It looks as though EA fixed their naval problem. :unsure::)

These are only the first screens and I like how vibrant and colourful everything looks. Does it look like a Red Alert game? It does to me.

And yes that appears to be the RA3 logo, while not a traditional C&C style logo it is very artistic and cool looking. I like it.

My real concern is has the game come to soon. By that I mean Kane's Wrath isn't out yet, we have Tiberium in development and now RA3. Is this all to much at once?

The logo is awsome, but what about these graphics? Alright that they keep RA2s style, but couldnt it look more advanced? It looks like a cheap Generals mod!

Early days Hagren, these screens will be an early build of the game. Visuals improve as the development continues.

dang... if I had known communists were so hot, I might have immigrated!

But more importantly KIROVS are back! Yeehar!!!!

The water is very pretty! The allied tanks are pretty, the double-barrelled tank needs work, and we finally have a decent WOLVERINE... er I mean Tesla trooper.

Someone was saying that EALA would be split into 2 groups (BFME) and (C&C) and that the former would have worked on this. And while I would prefer EA to adopt a more Blizzard concentrate one kick-*** title at a time, C&C3 was good enough to not be overly worried.

Bring it on.

I was sent these screen shots yesterday by someone I don't know, I didn't recognise the name or address and only spotted it by chance before my spam filters wiped it out. The other art work was found at http://www.cnchq.de.

This is a little redundant - but is this why Apoc is too busy for Tiberium - or do you think we would get ANOTHER C/M for RA3???

Hmm, they possibly are real but I dunno...the conepts are in my mind pretty much a lock to be real, but these shots...I dunno something not right about them! I'll probably be proved wrong no but :P

The Tesla and Amphib boats are a nice touch... although I would like to see a bit more diversity than just these.

You could argue that the Soviet barracks is a little too inspired from C&C 3, and you could that there hasn't been much evolution... But I've heard from someone who's read the mags that this game is supposed to take place very soon after Yuri's Revenge.... So it can be justified.

You could argue that the Soviet barracks is a little too inspired from C&C 3, and you could that there hasn't been much evolution... But I've heard from someone who's read the mags that this game is supposed to take place very soon after Yuri's Revenge.... So it can be justified.

I betcha these barracks are inspired by the original Soviet barracks from RA. The RA2 barracks, being realistic, are like monuments. lol

Does anyone know what the plot is and is it true that Japan is the third faction?

Edited by TheRoadToDawn

I don't get why the Hungarian mag supposedly puts the Japanese into it? They have never been involved in any RA game have they?

And the naval combat....weren't there limitations in the SAGE engine preventing that?

I know RA3 is going to be announced (i was one of the first to talk about it - http://evo-gamer.com/2008/02/02/big-cc-news-coming/ ) but i'm just not sure about these screens =/

Well the detail in the water, makes me feel like there's no doubt it's genuine.

Does anyone know what the plot is and is it true that Japan is the third faction?

I was waiting for someone to say this before I said anything.

This is a direct quote from someone who's read the info already in one of the mags at the Petro forums:

3 factions- Allies, Soviet unioun and Japan.

Engine- SAGE engine

Units:

cyberbear-paratroopers

samurais with laser sabers

airfighter-transformer

Japan soldiers with HUGE plasmogun, but this unit also have a cap (hat) which provide shield field and allow for digging

Mirage-tanks

Storyline:

Red Alert 3 will begun recently after the win under USSR, Kremlin on the fire and Russians decide to .... turn on Time Machine !!!! For killing Einstein and corrupting all Alliance plans. When the expedition return (Einstein was captured) to "home" (present time), they understand that Kremlin is fine, Alliance are pretty weak and. WTF? - new Empire was born ------- JAPAN !

Developers:

Chris Corry - producer

Amer Ajami - producer

Multiplayer:

Mode: Cooperative (play campaign with your mate) with GENERALS system (ZH, KW)

Demo already exist.

Platforms:

PC

Xbox 360

PS3

Engine:

Improved version of Sage for C&C3

Physics building destruction, particle system

Video:

Actors

190 minutes of video

Comedy genre of the video

So what I can make of it, this happens almost straight after Yuri's revenge... In the Chaos of the aftermath the Soviets use the time machine (possible canon error already??) to go back in time (like they did in Yuri's revenge) to sort things out... but of course, get back, and have messed up the space time continuum, and re-entered a parallel universe where Einstein still erased Hitler from History... But Einstein was never rescued from the Soviets, The Soviets ran Europe uncontested, and the Allies were too weak to contend... Japan gets all upset about the whole issue, and so we're seeing an alternative Red Alert 2 in Red Alert 3.

Confused? So am I!!! This story isn't right!? Let's wait for the announcement shall we? :P

Lol Maybe EA are trying to **** up the storyline so bad that it seems ok.

Red alert was always the retardedly unserious C&C game anyway

RA3 - THE RETARDED UNIVERSE - I'm loving it...

And it's very hard to concentrate today. I think I'm more excited about this than I ever was with C&C3.

I really hope whatever the sides are in RA3, that it is yet another parallel universe.

And I really hope they do not try to re-connect to Tiberium universe, despite the Westwood intentions.

I kinda do too... if only to keep seeing more Red Alert games coming out or they tie RA into Generals, which seems somewhat likely.

No, I agree. Definitely don't try to re-connect the two universes, not yet at least. EA is only getting by on the skin of their teeth with CnC at the moment. They need to not do anything drastic like that until(/if) the community has gained faith in EA at the head of the franchise.

Personally I'm really looking forward to this. Red Alert 2 was such a cool game at the time, many fond memories there. When I read about this earlier I don't think I've ever been quite so excited about a game since BFME.

i really hope generals is left out. id rather they all remain separate, but if they must connect please leave generals out of it entirely...

This is a direct quote from someone who's read the info already in one of the mags at the Petro forums:
its copy-paste from GR.org where I posted that :)

The storyline sounds a little weird.

Anyway, it sounds too good to be true. A third Red Alert... :D

Edited by Voskhod

Wow is EA really scared to go 4 factions? Seems kind of blah to 2 Allies vs. USSR. 2v2 would seem.. balanced. 3 faction seems to be their comfort zone, heh.