Sonic

New Red Alert 3 Screen Shots and Art

Don't know about you but I'd really like to see Yuri instead of Japan.

Or both. :D

Edited by Voskhod

Yuri was difficult but important game dynamic.

I would support it's reappearance... just some thought needs to go into it's counter strategies and units.

But Japan should be a fun side - kamakazee migs v suicidal libyan demo trucks!!!

lol.

As long as the whole faction's not all about kamikaze :unsure:

No honourable caleb-sun - about dying with honour!

:)

This is a little redundant - but is this why Apoc is too busy for Tiberium - or do you think we would get ANOTHER C/M for RA3???

Its safe to assume APOC will be handling the community manager duties for RA3. APOC is the community manager for EALA C&C RTS games, while ZoneRunner takes care everything TIBERIUM related.

This year should be fun, juggling coverage of both RA3 and TIBERIUM, this hasn't happened since the days of Tiberian Sun and C&C Commando (later to be renamed Renegade).

I was waiting for someone to say this before I said anything.

This is a direct quote from someone who's read the info already in one of the mags at the Petro forums:

So what I can make of it, this happens almost straight after Yuri's revenge... In the Chaos of the aftermath the Soviets use the time machine (possible canon error already??) to go back in time (like they did in Yuri's revenge) to sort things out... but of course, get back, and have messed up the space time continuum, and re-entered a parallel universe where Einstein still erased Hitler from History... But Einstein was never rescued from the Soviets, The Soviets ran Europe uncontested, and the Allies were too weak to contend... Japan gets all upset about the whole issue, and so we're seeing an alternative Red Alert 2 in Red Alert 3.

Confused? So am I!!! This story isn't right!? Let's wait for the announcement shall we? :P

The mag wasnt even out yet and Ykudza didnt cite any sources so id take this with a grain of salt.

Why, cool. And if SAGE doesn't handle Naval combat well: last time there were real boats were in Generals: Zero Hour. It's 4-5 years later now, you'd think they could develop it a little bit further in that time ;) Red Alert is not complete without submarines and naval battles B)

This year should be fun, juggling coverage of both RA3 and TIBERIUM, this hasn't happened since the days of Tiberian Sun and C&C Commando (later to be renamed Renegade).

and KW and TW:Mobile

and don't forget the infamous "CNCNZ Tourney" which will begin it's 3rd event with KW units... we should be able to finish that by the end of the year!!!

:)

that will definetly keep you busy.

Why, cool. And if SAGE doesn't handle Naval combat well: last time there were real boats were in Generals: Zero Hour. It's 4-5 years later now, you'd think they could develop it a little bit further in that time ;) Red Alert is not complete without submarines and naval battles B)

I believe BMFE and BFME2 they improved the naval stuff....

Yeah, there were quite some awesome naval fights in that. Including bombarding siege ships :)

I some aspects the Tiberium and Red Alert universes are already connected. Speaking of connected. I wonder if Kane will be making an appearance in RA3? Even if they just have quick no speaking parts like in Red Alert.... well except for the ending video.

An appearance from Kane among the Japanese leadership would certainly make things interesting

I was waiting for someone to say this before I said anything.

This is a direct quote from someone who's read the info already in one of the mags at the Petro forums:

So what I can make of it, this happens almost straight after Yuri's revenge... In the Chaos of the aftermath the Soviets use the time machine (possible canon error already??) to go back in time (like they did in Yuri's revenge) to sort things out... but of course, get back, and have messed up the space time continuum, and re-entered a parallel universe where Einstein still erased Hitler from History... But Einstein was never rescued from the Soviets, The Soviets ran Europe uncontested, and the Allies were too weak to contend... Japan gets all upset about the whole issue, and so we're seeing an alternative Red Alert 2 in Red Alert 3.

Confused? So am I!!! This story isn't right!? Let's wait for the announcement shall we? :P

Ahh... I can see it now. EA is going to use the time machine to undo canon screw ups of RA2. Why couldn't any of us see this coming? :D

I some aspects the Tiberium and Red Alert universes are already connected. Speaking of connected. I wonder if Kane will be making an appearance in RA3? Even if they just have quick no speaking parts like in Red Alert.... well except for the ending video.

Que? What were the RA2 connections???

I also prefer that the Red Alert Universe separate from the Tiberium Universe. Red Alert 2 was entertaining!

Now, I am also pretty excited about Red Alert 3 (Tiberium FPS not at all) ...hmm...I liked the RA2 Tesla Trooper better, now it looks so much like Tesla Wolverine. And the Allied War Factory (I supposed) really reminds me of the C&C3 GDI War Factory...

Que? What were the RA2 connections???

Why do all question RA2 and Yuri's Revenge? It all fits together, even Yuri. Have you forgotten what Adam Isgreen said in our Petroglyph Interviews.....

2) Do you favour the original C&C storyline or the Red Alert universe?

I love them both, but I love where we went with the RA universe slightly more. They (were) always planned to be one continuous universe! Someday maybe I'll have the gumption to explain how they tied back into each other. It was pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Yuri fit and everything!

However that was Westwood's plans for C&C, we have no idea if EALA are following that direction.

I suppose the problem is, is that seeing as Adam spille the beans on how they were planning to blend the universes together EA can't really do it now as there wouldn't be any surprises in it. It would become a case of "Ah yes, Adam did say that would happen".

Yes I do remember the intention to connect or keep the C&C connection even in RA2... but I don't remember any physical connection to C&C in RA2.

No Kane for instance... like in RA1 (nice solid connection).

Happy to be proved wrong, just nothing sticks out.

If anything, a few units made the cut, but that doesn't count in my book.

Edited by gben