Sonic

Red Alert 3 Beta FAQ

The Red Alert 3 Beta Frequently Asked Questions list has been posted on Official C&C Site. These are the most common questions like how do you get into the beta, when does it start, and so on. Check out it below.

Red Alert 3 Beta Key program with Kane's Wrath:

Q: How do I get into the Red Alert 3 Beta Program?

A: By purchasing a copy of Command & Conquer™ 3: Kane's Wrath that has a "C&C Red Alert 3 Beta Key" callout or sticker, you will have the opportunity to enter into the RA3 Beta Key program. Each copy of Kane’s Wrath with the Beta Callout will have an insert to enter into the RA3 Beta Program and a unique code. If you visit the designated website on the insert, enter your unique code and user information before September 15, 2008. You will be entered into the beta queue. The sooner you register on the website, the higher your place in the beta queue.

Q: Is the RA3 Beta Key Program Tied to Preordering Kane’s Wrath?

A: No, but the sooner you purchase Kane’s Wrath and register online for the beta key (by following the instructions on the Beta Key insert) the more likely you are to get access to the Beta before anyone else

Q: If I purchase Kane's Wrath, am I guaranteed into the Red Alert 3 Beta Program?

A: If you purchase a copy of Kane’s Wrath and/or the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection that contains the Red Alert3 Beta Key sticker or callout, you will be guaranteed a spot into the Red Alert 3 Beta if you register on the website before September 15, 2008 (see insert for specific instructions).

Q: I already Pre-ordered Kane's Wrath, does that mean I’m in the Red Alert 3 Beta?

A: No, you must follow the instructions on the Red Alert 3 Beta Key insert that is in each participating Kane's Wrath package to guarantee your spot in the Beta. But the sooner you register, the sooner you’ll be able to play in the Red Alert 3 beta.

Q: When will the Red Alert 3 Beta begin?

A: We’ll be rolling out more details on the dates of the Red Alert 3 Beta at a later time, but the sooner you register online with your unique code from Kane’s Wrath, the better your chances are of entering the Beta before anyone else.

Q: Does every copy of Kane's Wrath and Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection contain the Red Alert 3 Beta Key insert?

A: There are some countries that will not be participating, so check your local country's EA website for details. In North America, every single copy of Kane's Wrath and the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection will contain the special invitation to the Red Alert 3 Beta Program if you purchase before September 15th. If you’re not sure about your countries level of participation, look for the Red Alert 3 callout on the packaging in your country. If you see the Red Alert 3 callout, you're safe!

Q: How do I guarantee that I get to be the first one in the Red Alert 3 Beta Program?

A: Be one of the first people to purchase Kane’s Wrath and register your unique Red Alert 3 Beta Key on the designated website. Depending on when you registered and where you are located, you will be sent an invitation in a priority order.

Q: Are there any other ways of getting into the Red Alert 3 Beta aside from Purchasing Kane's Wrath?

A: Currently, the only way to get into the Red Alert 3 Beta is by purchasing Kane’s Wrath. It's is a special gift we’re giving to our most loyal fans and supporters.

Q: My question wasn't answered here, what do I do?

A: Check www.commandandconquer.com often as more details will be rolling out and be sure to watch BattleCast Primetime on either www.commandandconquer.com or through iTunes for the latest info on all things Command & Conquer.

Originally posted here.

As I said in the previous topic,

Q: Are there any other ways of getting into the Red Alert 3 Beta aside from Purchasing Kane's Wrath?

A: Currently, the only way to get into the Red Alert 3 Beta is by purchasing Kane’s Wrath. It's is a special gift we’re giving to our most loyal fans and supporters.

So EA's definition of a gift is to make people pay for a C&C game to get into the beta of another C&C game? :P

But I don't mind, it seems fair and promotes the buying of their product. It's a gimmick and companies use them all the time, I just like how they name it a gift. Usually gifts are free! :P

true. a good opportunity, but nearly a gift. although i think it would be better to have certain people in the beta, not just first come first serve. for instance, sonic or saracen...or just veterans of RTS in general..

Surely they would reserve a certain quote for, er shall we say VIP testers.

I don't think it's too unreasonable for the beta keys to be included in KW. Are there many people who love the RA universe and hate TB???

But I think they should have a third tier for non-kw purchases regardless.

true. a good opportunity, but nearly a gift. although i think it would be better to have certain people in the beta, not just first come first serve. for instance, sonic or saracen...or just veterans of RTS in general..

Personally I think they way EA are handling the beta process is fine. Yeah sure it provides more incentive to pick up a copy of Kane's Wrath and many people will call it a crap marketing move by EA, but admit it, a majority of people who purchased C&C3 will get Kane's Wrath at some stage.

And well done to EA for having beta, especially after the chaos when C&C 3 released. I forget where but I recall Mike Verdu saying they probably should have done a beta for C&C3 after all.

Its also a safe bet that this RA3 beta will be well organised and planned out more professionally than how SEGA handled the Universe at War beta. Because that was ****ing awful.