Sonic

Hi-Res Updated RA3 Artwork and Screens

While these Red Alert 3 related images are not new their sizes are. First an updated version of the Soviet base image. This is a massively high resolution version, now measuring 4800x2700 pixels.

normal_concept13.jpg

Plus the two screen shots below have been updated to 1600x1177 versions.

thumb_screen4.jpg thumb_screen7.jpg

If your one of the few who haven't seen all new Red Alert 3 screen shots and artwork yet, click here to check out our gallery. Which has had around 4000 views of the screen shots already!

4800x1700? :o That's massive!

Looks very very cool! Anyone know about those turrets in the front? Are thEy flame towers?

EA are heading towards the low end of Ultra High Definition imagery now.... Very interesting.

I think they should go the full 7,680 × 4,320.... that's a Full Ultra High Definition image :P

Really loving that soviet base picture! In fact it's just replaced my longstanding Doctor Who christmas tardis image that's been my wallpaper for the last 4 months!!

It's also interesting looking at the high resolution coastline image. The water appears to at least give the illusion of accomadating a surprisingly large amount of depth.

Do you notice in the russian base that the tanks and tesla troopers all have antennas that have electrical current running out?

I wonder why that is?

Are they powered by electrical current, and if you knock of the power they shut off, or is this an example of the secondary power?

The graphics start to grow on me...its cheerful to look at them and theyre quite different from TW. Not to mention that they remind me of RA2. But the soviet buildings need more diversity! And snow maps, people!

This is going to be a kick-*** game if EA does it right...TELSA WALKERS!!!

Edited by Louis EX

This is going to be a kick-*** game if EA does it right...TELSA WALKERS!!!

It made Zee faint when I said that. But I am inclined to agree somewhat... This could be the RTS that EA get right.... I think that EA can do this on their own with very minimal community feedback... But I still want the option to go it alone instead of fighting with AI help.

so im not the only one getting a positive psychic vibe? (yea a little out there with the psychic vibes, but this is RA...just think yuri)

I figured out what I don't like about the twin barrelled tank - the turrets look like they have melted and are drooping down.

It looks very low-res while the allied tanks look skinned.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the good feedback thus far...just so you know, the screens from Ingromania don't do our graphics justice as those are low-res. In the coming weeks you'll see many more shots, we took about 20 to be released in our first month of announcements and magazine stories. I've been working hard on taking screenshots for this game for the past month. The game has already gone through many upgrades since these screenshots, visual upgrades, etc, so if anything looks low poly or not finished, thats because its not :o) You're looking at RA3 1.0...as is normal with development time, in a few months, you'll see some dramatic differences.

We do have snow =) You just haven't seen it yet! But we got it!

Best screens to look at are the high-res ones.

And make sure to check out the PC Gamer story, they have the best of everything right now.

Its a new day Comrades...

Best,

APOC

Man this is a dream come true... The last three days were full of good news for me KISS & Metallica in my hometown and RA3... It looks awesome. And Aron could you give up something on the requirements?

Apoc is there any chance of seeing these Cyberbears we have been hearing about? Or are they going to be kept secret for a while?

Nice! I hope I can fulfill the sys req too! I just changed my desktop last year...

That arty pic is really nice. :) Screw the game just make lots of those kidna of pretty pics. :P

That picture is just beautifull!! Perfect impression of RA Soviet oppression and menacing units.

Guest Anti-Marine

That would be one sick wall

Tesla Coils

Sentry Guns (I think)

Then tanks and stuff rushing out of the front.

I just realised what would be even better, if that was a concept for a CGI video.

Great atmosphere.

This picture puts tears to my eyes.

so beutifull.

Just look at the soldiers, masks and AK47's. The atmosphere of this picture reminds me of how I felt when TS was released.

Already now RA3 seems to have a better atmosphere than TW.

Seems like EA is on the right track now.

Honestly, the C&C atmosphere is nice too, but I agree, these look great; my problem is, how do I print that insanely big image with my 5x11 printer? :P

Edited by F15pilotX

huh?

Even windoze has an effective image printer that allows you to shrink/tile any photo to the page size of your printer.

I know, but i'd rather have a poster :P

and what do you mean "even windows"....

Edited by F15pilotX

Poster?

You mean like 5x11 feet???

I thought you meant 5x11 inches...

Even Windows....

right-click on any picture in explore, click printer, comes up with the 'photo printing wizard' (well in xp at least), which gives you oodles of options for basic printing and tiling of multiple images with your default printer.

That's what *I* meant.