Dr. Rodney McKay

Player Character/Customization for Single-Player

Would you like some kind of creation for your PC in this game, or would you rather your PC be pre-made by EA? What do you expect?

I personally hope that Havoc ***hole doesn't come back, and that we have a customizable character with dialog that doesn't sound like he's taken drugs. Seriously, his best line is "I don't have a Conflict of interest. I have an interest in conflict.". And that line sucked. What do you think?

I imagine they'll have classes for the multiplayer aspect. But I doubt they're bother going into that kind of depth for the SP..

since they might be making a storyline about this dude you play as, they prolly won't do that.

They could still make a story about the PC even if he/she's customizable. Hell, I'd love to see a C&C Action RPG. But EA won't do that because they hate me and want me to suffer horribly.

Edited by Kofi Kingston

Its the same character from the book so he is unlikely to be customizable

But EA won't do that because they hate me and want me to suffer horribly.

Yeah I heard about that.

Everyone is talking about it.

sucks to be you right now.

I guess you should just give up and switch to mario galaxy.

It's just hard to imagine a huge faceless organisation could hate one individual as much as they do you Kofi, but yet ea do! What's up with that??? I'm just surprised they haven't mentioned it in BCPT yet - maybe that rumored 4th show will just focus on you?

Actually I heard another rumor that a new Kofi character is going to be added to the next Sims expansion. Something in the press release was along the lines...

Kofi - the one you will LOVE to HATE as much as WE do.

And Kofi - you have never mentioned it - so you obviously haven't noticed the mean things they say about you in the terms and conditions, you know the one that you have to agree to before you can install their games. I have no problems agreeing - because it is a little funny - but I never realised it was anatomically possible. And of course the irony - that you agree to it, still you must have your reasons.

still... sucks to be you.

:rolleyes:

I'm glad you agree. And yes, I do notice the mean and hORIble things they say about me. I have filed a lawsuit for TEN BILLION DOLLARS. I'll win.

"noob of noobs". That title fits you quite nicely. <_<

So, what's this character like? Is he a generic stock character, or something ORIginal?

Edited by Kofi Kingston

I'm glad you agree. And yes, I do notice the mean and hORIble things they say about me. I have filed a lawsuit for TEN BILLION DOLLARS. I'll win.

"noob of noobs". That title fits you quite nicely. <_<

So, what's this character like? Is he a generic stock character, or something ORIginal?

I'd say he is a generic stock character. And seriously, stop with the ori references.

I imagine they'll have classes for the multiplayer aspect. But I doubt they're bother going into that kind of depth for the SP..

How will they implement different classes when there is only one gun? Or do you reckon it will be one gun for SP with 4 functions and mulitple guns for MP?

1 gun with 4 functions would eliminate the need for heavy troopers, scouts etc.

From the little we know, MP will be squad based combat, so it would make little sense for the main character to have classes.

I'm not really holding out much hope for a C&C mode, as hard as I would push for it. But there is always a possibility that there will be different MP modes - like a deathmatch arena where you can pick classes, or earn the 'vega' hero in a similiar way to the Star Wars Battlefront II system.

How will they implement different classes when there is only one gun? Or do you reckon it will be one gun for SP with 4 functions and mulitple guns for MP?

1 gun with 4 functions would eliminate the need for heavy troopers, scouts etc.

I hope they ditch the 4 in 1 gun for multiplayer. As that would be kinda lame. Look at me I have an assult rifle, oh wait its a shotgun, no a missile launcher, no a pistol!!! :(

What's the difference between what you just said and Unreal Tournament and 99% of all FPS, where you just pick a weapon between 1-9???

What's the difference between what you just said and Unreal Tournament and 99% of all FPS, where you just pick a weapon between 1-9???

Well, there's at least 5 more weapons in those other games.

It could be like republic commando where the other forms are enabled by acquiring an attachment

Edited by Alphabear

Pah, I want different guns not one stupid gun. :(

The undeniable truth!

Edited by Inferno

As do we all Luk3us. Real men carry 100+ pounds of guns on themselves.

i think they should take the expression armed to the teeth to reality

As do we all Luk3us. Real men carry 100+ pounds of guns on themselves.

looks like someone is Overcompensating....

I dont mind one gun as long as I can bring my squad into battle, Feel the Wrath on ORCA's in your Base killing all your TITANS!

Pah, I want different guns not one stupid gun. :(

lets call teh ratchet and clank weapons developers that has to be awsome

C&C3 Orca's bust up Tanks, and a Titan is a tank with legs so...

I think you forget that the orcas and titans are kinda allied.