Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Yaa for Tanya!

There will be Tanya.

Exactly, what is Red Alert without Tanya, the Soviets, the Allies, Tesla everything, and Kirovs...and dogs :)

-APOC

:D

Dogs? Dogs weren't in RA2, were they?

Hah, oh you better believe they were. The Soviet "intel advisor" had a line regarding them no less, something along the lines of "the only thing these Allied spies are inflitrating are our loyal dogs stomachs."

Guest Rabbit
Dogs? Dogs weren't in RA2, were they?

Of course! How could you forget?

Only real difference is, they were spawned from the Barracks, not their own Kennel, of sorts.

Sounds like EA has the right idea for Red Alert 3, now lets see if they can follow up with it.

Great. More bad acting and annoying quotes.

Tanya as a unit should be fun, however. I'll be replacing her sounds with random nonsense, however.

Edited by Kofi Kingston

Since when has bad acting ever been a problem in C&C? Part of the fun of the games was the over-dramaticness of the acting. Somewhat lacking though in C&C3, more charisma and personality in an undertaker at a funeral parlour than the characters in that game.

Maybe they can have the likes of Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewert lend their Shakespearean experiance to give the game a bit of polish. Since both are from X Men David Hayter (Metal Gear) could be involved as actor and director. Could EA hire someone like Francis Ford Coppola or Ivan Rietman as producer for the cut scenes? How about turn to Lucasfilms for special effects?

Seriously, FMV video has been traditionally bad, especially in Command & Conquer. Red Alert by the nature of the silly storyline almost demands the cut scenes follow suit. And given the voice samples from Red Alert or Generals much of the game is meant to be fun and goofy, as opposed to being a hardcore simulation where they might have US Army training videos between levels. As for Tanya herself she is iconic to the games, and being a badass, spouting one liners, that is her job no matter how bad the acting is.

I wasn't harping on her acting so much as I was pushing for better one-liners. I guess I shouldn't have said the complete opposite of what I meant, eh?

Patrick Stewart + David Hayter = Epic win for RA3. If only EA would listen to my obviously good ideas...

Edited by Kofi Kingston

Patrick Stewart + David Hayter = Epic win for RA3. If only EA would listen to my obviously good ideas...

I believe they were Leangs great ideas

Maybe they can have the likes of Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewert lend their Shakespearean experiance to give the game a bit of polish. Since both are from X Men David Hayter (Metal Gear) could be involved as actor and director. Could EA hire someone like Francis Ford Coppola or Ivan Rietman as producer for the cut scenes? How about turn to Lucasfilms for special effects?

I doubt they could secure the services of those big names for RA3. For a director it will probably the same guy from C&C 3, but really EA have someone right under their noses that could direct..... One Joseph D. Kucan.

As for special effects, I'd say Renegade Effects who did all the fancy sets, props and stuff in C&C 3 will be called on again.

The only big name I've heard so far is Peter Weller (Robocop) for the Allied side.

I'd prefer it if Joe directed again, the games he directred did seem to have more passion about them.

Agreed with the Renegade Effects, number one choice for props/sets.

Big name actors or somewhat famous actors are not required. Just decent actors are needed. Avoid the likes of Jennifer Morrison in C&C3...... damn she was terrible in those GDI scenes.

I doubt they could secure the services of those big names for RA3.

Oh they could. They just fail to see the need, prefering to pull something to make people go 'cor, Sam Fisher is in the game.' But if you want decent actors and not big names, how about Christepher Lee? He would make a great character for either side. Given the habit of using Star Wars actors (Billy Dee Williams, James Earl Jones) how about Amy Allen as Tanya? From blue skinned Jedi to wisecracking commando? She is a fan favourite for playing Aayla so if she can pull it off maybe EA could use her.

Edited by General Leang

It seems like the bigger named actors don't get into the roles, as well. Sure, James Earl Jones was cool because he is James Earl Jones, but he could've put a little more heart into it. RA1's were all good , and I can't even tell you who they are (thought Stavros and von Essling kinda sucked, though - could be pro-Soviet bias. With Red Alert games, especially, you need people who have fun doing the roles.

I would prefer EA didn't waste all that money on actors, and focus on the gameplay instead. :)

Bring the cyber-kennels!

I remember one of my cousins once almost cried becouse the dog attack animation from RA1 was kinda violent, he got shocked when the dog teared a man apart just before getting mowed down by several soldiers.

well,. I trained a some new dogs and he got happy again.

"It's called recycling!" ... ... :huh::unsure:

recycling... o_O i remember seeing the death animations for the first time and thinking "wow that's gorey for less then an inch of pixels o.o" same with all the death animations... it's just so violently explosive it's comical. and yaa for tanya :D let's see her back in RA3.. preferably with the same actress. kari pwns bigtime :3

wonder if she still be carrying the fastest pair of guns on PE :huh:

pew pew pew! XD tanya must be really strong though o.O i mean seriously. when i fired a desert eagle i dislocated my wrist and i was holding it with both hands o_O