vyper

Something that might give SC2 the edge

Assuming that both games have equal gameplay or even red alert has it better, theres something that will give SC2 an edge:

Blood.

red alert 3 will not have it but SC2 will have loads of it.

Assuming that both games have equal gameplay or even red alert has it better, theres something that will give SC2 an edge:

Blood.

red alert 3 will not have it but SC2 will have loads of it.

I'm going to have to say "might" is the operative word here. Some people are turned off by blood, others enjoy it far more then is probably healthy. Most don't care either way.

In-game I dont really care, but it might be fun for the cut scenes.

Not likely to happen.

EA want to reach out to everyone they can... even without blood this game is going to get a "T for Teen" because it depicts war and violence... add blood and it's an automatic "M for Mature".

true, you make more money the wider your consumer group is...or w.e.....

like movies, the friendlier it is the more people that can go see it

but i think RA should be bold about this and get it a M rating....BLOOD included.....red blood... :lol:

It actually depends to be the opposite in movies... as in they add stuff just to push the rating a little bit.

I mean really, who wants to see a G rated film???

you know, I never really got that satisfactory feeling of crushing infantry since the old red alert. that sound .......and the squashed tomato that it left behind.

Edited by vyper

Man, did I love the sound of a Titan walking over infantry :)

lol... If you think that RA3 is really even a "competitor" when SC2 is involved, then please pass on whatever you are smoking to me.

SC2, is going to be the game of the decade.

Even if it just looks like a really fancy grahpical upgrade expansion. Doesn't strike me as a real sequel, when you keep nearly the entire core game the same. :P But meh. :P

GO BLOOD! :D

Or play the German version, and get GREEN BLOOD! ALIENS!!!

meh. normally i'd go off in a rant about how SC is a ripoff of WH40k but it's too much of an easy target.

green blood? vulcans? XD

none the less why is everyone spazzing out about a little blood? so long as the death animation is good it shouldn't matter about blood... though admitedly it did look good in DoW... and company of heroes... relic is good at doing gorey deaths o.O

Ummm... SC2 will not be releaced in like 3 years because of Blizzard never on time. RA3 will be out at the end of the year on 3 systems. RA3 FTW

Ra3 will win in my book and that's all that counts. >_>

I'd rather Blizzard not be on time about it. They will have a ten times better product with delays.

Yeah, that usually is a side effect of Blizzard delaying their toys.

lol... If you think that RA3 is really even a "competitor" when SC2 is involved, then please pass on whatever you are smoking to me.

SC2, is going to be the game of the decade.

Even if it just looks like a really fancy grahpical upgrade expansion. Doesn't strike me as a real sequel, when you keep nearly the entire core game the same. :P But meh. :P

GO BLOOD! :D

Or play the German version, and get GREEN BLOOD! ALIENS!!!

My poor old heart! Get thee away from me, heretic! :P

SC2 will be a superb game, that I am sure of. But RA3 seems to be much fresher, much more varied. Not to forget that a casual player like me does not have the skill for Blizzard RTS :lol:

The reason why SC2 will be successful is because its from Blizzard. None of their games were truly brilliant, just very polished and self-contained.

never been a fan of SC but for a different reason entirely. sure the SC series is good but it's all kak'd and done wrong. it was based on warhammer 40,000 and you can clearly see there are a fair few changes from that timeline. if you're not familiar with WH40k history just play dawn of war and you'll see what i mean o.o; similar but not similar. it's an issue that greatly frustrates me because for years they openly ripped off 40k even admiting it but without paying any royalties to games workshop xD and being a major fan of 40k it does tend to frustrate me... especially when little gamer noobs start saying SC is the best thing ever made and claiming it's all original then looking at you blankly when you give evidence proving otherwise --;

StarCraft is a very good RTS no doubt, but it has no spirit like RA2 or TS, not to mention TD!

RA2, while fun, is a joke and Tiberian Sun is a subpar game except for the singleplayer. They don't even come close, nor does TD.

StarCraft is the best RTS ever made. :P

Not for casual and/or single players, imho. The faction diversity and canonical background are excellent, but the sp, levels and music are severely lacking. SCII seems to better on some fronts (Campaigns for one), but has its own set of issues in its backpack. Nevertheless im very much looking forward to it- But frankly, i could do without all the Blizz hype.

However: Burrowing (Among other things)--->Awsomeness!

(Side note: RA2 had a much higher enjoyment value, imho)

Edited by hagren