Luk3us

Red Alert - IS a C&C Game!

Yep, it would seem that EA in their cunning are splitting up Red Alert and Tiberium AKA C&C. Which means they don't have to **** around with joining them up, which they would no doubt butcher. So now we have three Franchises based off of C&C.

C&C - Tiberium

Red Alert

Tiberium

Yaa? :)

Taken from the PC Zone mag

new10113qr9.jpg

Edited by Luk3us

I'm totally cool with keeping the RA and Tiberium universe separate, but remember this is EA's version of the C&C story, under Westwood's story they would have eventually merged the 2 universes. But since when is RA3 not considered a C&C game? EA's own press release calls it a Command & Conquer game, EA's official RA3 site displays this logo.....

top_logo.jpg

It is Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3! PC Zone are wrong.

I agree with Sonic, someone really ****ed up an article's heading. The universes are separate, not the franchise.

PAH STUPID CRAP! :(

Eh, at least its still true about Tiberium though. :P

Storm in a teacup.

It's simple to say RA1 preceeded C&C.

It's equally elegant to say RA2 the destinies of the universes have completely been severed.

But I still don't remember the links from RA1 and RA2.

Time travel was used in Yuri, so refresh my memory - what is the genesis of the RA2 universe?

I wish APOC had included the installation movies in his site. Did u recover?

Here's an e-mail from APOC about all this. I would normally post it in the news but I really don't consider this news worthy..........

Hey everyone,

It seems our friends at the UK magazine PC Zone have made the friendliest blunder of all, and everyone is up in arms inferring these details and portraying them inaccurately.

Per my recent e-mail conversation with LION at the Den which you can now view on his website, our official title is Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3. It’s in the logo my friends!

That said, Command & Conquer has harbored two universes since it was established back in 1995. Those two universes are exactly what you’d expect to hear, the Tiberium universe (Tiberian Dawn, Tiberian Sun, Firestorm, Renegade, and Tiberium Wars), and the Red Alert universe (Red Alert 1, 2, and Yuri’s, and yea Counterstrike J).

If you recall, the website I created for the community, www.cncmovies.com directly speaks to this on the first page where you get to choose a universe.

What Chris Corry, our Executive Producer is speaking to in the UK PC Zone article is simply that Red Alert 3 will not look to connect the Tiberium and Red Alert universes together in our story or fiction overall. The official reasoning for this is provided in the article text which you can read at www.cncden.com if you’d like. Certainly we understand the debates and theories regarding this issue, but we would never take away the name “Command & Conquer” from Red Alert 3.

Just wanted to clarify this critical point, so everyone understands the accuracy of what was supposed to be interpreted in the PC Zone Magazine in that segment of the feature article.

WE ARE COMMAND & CONQUER COMRADES! LIVE IT, LOVE IT, BREATHE IT, SPREAD IT, and tell your friends, families, and foes, and anyone and everyone else to RESPECT IT!

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3…FTW!

Thank you!

-APOC

I knew it like all these years in my head that the series are never gonna join each other, since it would be stupid.

Aww...it would be interesting if to see Westwood's story...I always liked games with links to each other to make one big story.

Like Portal and Half-Life.

i wish they'd make their minds up... they spent all that time trying to link the games then they go back and do that D= EA is undoing all of westwood's migraines XD and creating new ones for the fans x3;

i would be cool if they were linked imo but i suppose it's alot easier this way.

they're probably just making things more confusing if they have multiple universes to deal with instead of just one o.o; if it's all one everything ties in but if you have several you have to remember several different timelines x3;

You had two timelines already. RA2 did link in properly with everything as I recall but it was a really funky explanation. And you can see Apocalypse Tanks in a poster in the Temple of Nod in Renegade.

Bah, oh well. Separate is good too I guess.

You had two timelines already. RA2 did link in properly with everything as I recall but it was a really funky explanation. And you can see Apocalypse Tanks in a poster in the Temple of Nod in Renegade.

Bah, oh well. Separate is good too I guess.

I was under the impression that if the original Red Alert ended as an Allied victory, we would get RA2. If it was a Soviet victory, Kane would appear and kill off the last of the Soviet command and thus set the stage for the Brotherhood of Nod.

Not the most complete of explanations but eh, it works for me.

I was under the impression that if the original Red Alert ended as an Allied victory, we would get RA2. If it was a Soviet victory, Kane would appear and kill off the last of the Soviet command and thus set the stage for the Brotherhood of Nod.

Not the most complete of explanations but eh, it works for me.

No, the story progresses on one side, the Allied winning side. Even with the Allied victory, the story can still intertwine. I would supply the links of the story and how they link to one another, but they were spread on some many topics so long ago I don't want to be bothered to.

the fans went and made out insanely complex stories linking them all. now EA has killed all their hard won victories over years of research x3; those poor poor nerd ;.; *hugs random nerd* x3 i feel your pain

there's always one believe me on this xD somewhere someone out there is crying because of that news :P

One? More like a couple dozen. I've read quite a few of these so called theories over the years, some very good. Some just plain ****ed up. :P

One? More like a couple dozen. I've read quite a few of these so called theories over the years, some very good.

Yes that is true, i have read one that links ra1, td and ts. It's awesome and it works perfectly.

oooooh ^_^ interesting... feel free to give us the shortlist of how it links up o.o

There's one that links them all, even RA2 and YR. Except Generals though... but that can even get worked in there somehow.

Its not hard to link em' all up.

Time machine.

Nuff said. :P