Gben

RA3 Casting Couch

Lets see how far from the actual answers we can get...

Please nominate possible actors for Japanese FMV clips...

Here's a couple to get you started.

Dean Cain (is apparently 1/4 Japanese!)

deancain3.jpg

Don "The dragon" wilson (Bloodfist, Bloodfist II, Bloodfist III, Bloodfist IV, Bloodfist V, Bloodfist VI, Bloodfist VII, Bloodfist VIII)

8_hr.jpg

Sho Kosugi (Almost every single ninja movie of the 80s!)

Ninja.jpg

Robert Ito (Qunicy MD)

quincy.jpg

Yuji Okumoto (Karate Kid 2)

YujiOkumoto-KK.jpg

Sab Shimono (Voice actor in Jackie Chan adventures and Samari jack)

sab-shimono02.jpg

George Takei (Star Trek)

sulu1-726656.jpg

Tamilyn Tomita (Karate Kid 2)

tamlyn7.jpg

John Fujioka (American Nija)

10.jpg

Gedde Watanabe (lots of voice work - but I remember as Kuni in Weird Al movie 'vidiot from uhf')

65bd5bf8101995cc8bda9d23ab6f7c3b.jpg

more...

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (lots but my fav is Mortal Kombat)

rclare13g.jpg

Masi Oka (Heroes)

masi-oka-hiro-nakamura-heroes-season-2.jpg

Devon Aoki (Sin City)

x79141431424421071.jpg

I know you can use almost any Asian actor and pretend they are Japanese, but I would like to see these guys in RA3.

If only this fella was still alive.

Pat Morita (the karate kid)

1.jpg

(Only you would pick Dean Cain, Mr Boyle!)

But in the very good likelihood we'll get the 'any-asian-looking-actor is good enough' hollywood mentality for RA3... how about these other possibilities?

I guess Sandra Oh would be ok

sandraoh300.jpg

Or Yun Jin Kim...

yunjinkim2_300X370.jpg

I can't stand her as an actress... but based on this dress, I guess some of you wouldn't mind lucy

C56485~Lucy-Liu-Posters.jpg

Personally I would prefer Zhang Ziyi from Crouching tiger...

zhangziyi_1178650973-000.jpg

But even though I have no issue with Grace coming back... (She wasn't bad in C&C3 - not enough lines to be bad!)

SandraTelfair.jpg

What are the chances that will get stuck with this infamous actress?

pirates06240660.jpg

40231539.jpg

:scared:

Tia Carrere, could be a possibility, since she'd be "cheap". :P

I wouldn't mind if she's in :P

Edited by Inferno

They could give her an interesting role as an Allied officer of Japanese descent, trying to do her job under a cloud of suspicion, but I doubt that they want to touch on any actual controversies such as that.

I think they'll find actual Japanese actors and actresses for the Empire roles, though.

In any case, Tia is the same age as Kari Wuhrer and so is presumably also "outside the demographic."

They could give her an interesting role as an Allied officer of Japanese descent, trying to do her job under a cloud of suspicion, but I doubt that they want to touch on any actual controversies such as that.

That would be great sub-story. Where some sort of sabotage is connected to whichever Japanese-American character, but it turns out to the result of the all-american-allstar... and the 'Hawaiian' Admiral is vindicated and crucial for the counter-strike.

The idea will work for any faction really. But is visually better for the Asian looking people, rather than the different accents of Allied/Soviets. I hope though, our President (I'm not American, I'm allied and after all - I'm always the good guys!) being the maniacal type means that the US are the bad guys, and the Russians are portrayed as the noble side. After all they went back and changed time.

I think they'll find actual Japanese actors and actresses for the Empire roles, though.

In any case, Tia is the same age as Kari Wuhrer and so is presumably also "outside the demographic."

demographic - LOL!

How about Michelle Yeoh?

yeoh.jpg

Oe if they want actual Japanese actresses here are a few. Hada Michiko.

hada-michiko.jpg

Miho Yoshioka.

o7miho1.jpg

Mai Nadasaka.

Mai-Nadasaka-008.jpg

And someone you might recognise, Pamela Woon.

pamelawoon.jpg

Michelle Yeow has nice legs - for kicking!!!

I don't know why I didn't think of her.

Who's Pamela Woon - not even a quick google search made it obvious (quick=1st page).

(I'm guessing that if you consider the casting power of previous games, they will try to get Asian actors that are recognisable to the general public, which most of yours are not... of course I'm Australian and that's a different kettle of fish.)

Most of these I just searched for Japanese actresses with the right look, they are meant to be famous but I have never heard of them. Pamela Woon has had video game acting experiance before. You see, she was the model who play Leiong Leang in Zero Hour.

it would be good to have the guy from Heroes.

EA will probably get actors from sci-fi movies/series, like they did with CnC3. (so yes, Masi Oka and James Kyson Lee are definitely probable possibilities)