Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Red Alert 3 Info from PC Gameplay

We have another list of Red Alert information, once again supplied Hagren. This list summarises the details from the Dutch gaming magazine called PC Gameplay.

New Info:

• The IFV is back
  • Confirmed super weapons: Iron curtain, Chronosphere, Particle Cannon
  • New unit: The Allied drone
  • No nuclear technology
  • In-house physics engine
  • 60 minutes of cutscenes
  • Engine optimised for multi-core processors
Campaign Info:
  • The Soviet campaign will revolves around them trying to destroy both the Allies and the Empire of the Rising Sun
  • The Allied campaign will revolve around the maniacal US president who desperately wants the Soviets dead
  • The Empire of the Rising Sun campaign will revolve around the strained relationship between the Emperor of Japan and his son
You can see some low quality photos of the magazine here, they are very blurry though.

No nuclear technologies? Like no nukes? Lame... "The Empire of the Rising Sun campaign will revolve around the strained relationship between the Emperor of Japan and his son"... WUT?!

Translation: Intriguing campaigns. And if you think about it, there wasnt much nuclear tech. Now they only need to add units/weapons as powerful as the a-bomb and the desolator.

60 minutes of cutscenes seems like a good amount of Videos.

"The Empire of the Rising Sun campaign will revolve around the strained relationship between the Emperor of Japan and his son"

I guess it will be a Japanese Civil War then...

Yay the SAGE will take advantage of the multi core technology. This means my E4500 will be overclocked to 2.9 GHz :D and 1 extra gig RAM :D And yay for teh IFV

I love the unit design of the Soviet V4, that looks great!

[*]60 minutes of cutscenes

Jippie! :D

I was afraid they wouldn't do any FMV's...

This doesn't guarantee the FMV's are filmed, they might be CGI just as Tiberium.

Btw, C&C3's cutscenes totaled at around 75 minutes.

No nuclear technology? But half the fun of the Soviets was in there!

I could stand losing the Prism but no nukes?

:angry:

I'm sure there's a reason for no nukes. Personally I don't see it being much of a problem, nuclear technology has been done to death so much in RTS games, it's about time we had a change.

In the spirit of the Red Alert universe, I hope the team has come up with some crazy superweapons for the Japs. Dragonball Z coupled with a Gundam flavour, yes. A mecha that can deliver 2 types of superweapon. One which fires a super Kamehameha support beam which sends allied forces into a frenzied rage, and one which I'd call the Rising sun, which is similar to the Dragonball Z Spirit bomb :P

Agree with Saracen, completely. Nukes may have been iconic and a trademark, but nowadays its standard fare. We need something fresh and i really hope EA comes up with something really unique and mad.

im not so hot about the idea of mechs, gundam or dragon ball z....

again, the more info i hear about this game the more i look forward to it

the release date is AWESOME...esp since gears of war 2 comes out around the same time

No prism technology, then no nuke for the Soviets? Nuke was like a symbol for the Soviets...!

Particle Cannon? I assumed that will be the superweapon replacing the weather storm device...but I hate the idea...

I wouldn't be so sure. It could also be the jap's superweapon.

Engine optimised for multi-core processors

Wohoo! take that amd!

Engine optimised for multi-core processors

Wohoo! take that amd!

What? AMD has many dual-core and quad-core processors on the market. :mellow:

Well, I still don't like the no prism tech :mellow:

New Info:
  • The IFV is back
  • Confirmed super weapons: Iron curtain, Chronosphere, Particle Cannon
  • New unit: The Allied drone
  • No nuclear technology
  • In-house physics engine
  • 60 minutes of cutscenes
  • Engine optimised for multi-core processors

Honestly guys, there are so many more positives than negatives; I can't wait for this game :D

Edited by F15pilotX

New Info:
  • The IFV is back ---> I don't really care about this one
  • Confirmed super weapons: Iron curtain, Chronosphere, Particle Cannon ---> IC and CS are back. That's good. But the particle Cannon? Idk about that...
  • New unit: The Allied drone ---> Hmmm... Like the robot tank? Better make it useful this time.
  • No nuclear technology ---> **** **** **********
  • In-house physics engine ---> Awesome, that means in-door missions, right?
  • 60 minutes of cutscenes ---> The more the better :)
  • Engine optimised for multi-core processors ---> Good, but I doubt my CPU would be the problem with this game. I rather need a new GFX card
Campaign Info:
  • The Soviet campaign will revolves around them trying to destroy both the Allies and the Empire of the Rising Sun ---> That seems logical
  • The Allied campaign will revolve around the maniacal US president who desperately wants the Soviets dead ---> They don't care about Japan?
  • The Empire of the Rising Sun campaign will revolve around the strained relationship between the Emperor of Japan and his son ---> Hmmm... should be interesting... sounds like those history tales

Damn you F15, you made me give my opinion on this :P

Edited by Inferno

In-house physics engine ---> Awesome, that means in-door missions, right?

That made me laugh.... Sorry to burst your bubble, but no.

Basically what this means is that EALA has specifically created a new physics engine from scratch. So they're not going to use a purchasable market add-on like the somewhat popular "AGEIA PhysX" Engine, for example.

So now buildings for example won't just explode and crumble as a single animation, or be limited to a certain number of constraints that something like PhysX does. EA can be entirely creative and allow different ammunition to create different and Random realistic building demolitions. It could based on where the building is hit, and possibly even how far away it's being hit from. Or if they wanted to go really deep, where the shell likes to explode within that building, either on contact or right in the centre. Each scenario will give an interesting variable and "pleasing" explosive outcome. The only constant is the simulation of gravity itself.

But it depends how far they're willing to go with it. More detail can mean higher spec requirements, so it's all a balancing act. But it would be good if they put some intensive detail into the Physics engine.