Sign in to follow this  
Gen. Yuri

Empire of the Rising Sun

Okay, haven't seen a thread for this yet so I decided to throw one up.

We know they're supposed to be Japanese, they have the lion's share of transforming vehicles, and that they're getting most of the naval action. Beyond that a lot is still up for speculation.

So, anyone up for some speculatiom? :P

My two cents:

Transforming Buildings- The Empire of the Rising Sun builds like no one else in the game because they don't build persay. Instead of manufacturing prefab buildings, the Japanese MCV produces deployable vehicles that set themselves up where they are needed then pack up when the front lines are elsewhere on the map. Couple this with their amphibious technologies and it is quite possible they can dominate any island chain map the player choses.

yea it sounds like fun but that might take a bit long if your buildings have to drive to where u want them also what about the defensive structures will u need to deploy them to? :unsure:

New stratagies like war factory spamming! haha :P

i'd like to see "death rays" or something along those lines... because the japanese in WW2 devoted research to them instead of the nuke. they decided the nuke was simply too impractical to build. aaah the irony. anyway... basically microwaves... they had huge radar stations with 50 foot dishes that used up like, multiple power plants worth of buildings and could only hit still targets XD but the RA2 series was set in the 60's or 70's of an alternate world... so i'm assuming RA3 is the same time in an alt alt world or a little later. which means they may have improved this technology having had the time to work on it =D they could be like, base defences or a special weapon or something

...also mecha would be good >.> can't have japan without mecha XD

Mecha? Oh please no. Unless EA finds a way to make them cool, original, and NOT Gundams, they should try to stay away from mecha.

The death ray/microwave gun sounds like a interesting idea though. They could use them to answer to Soviet tesla technology.

As for defensive structures, never thought of them. Maybe the Japanese don't have them or they're static, causing a Imperial commander to sell them before he moves on. Other then that, MCVs actually move at a decent clip compared to some other units (like the blimps)

they seem to have done nicely with the new "tesla trooper" already, it's kinda mechie ya know :)

there is gonna be some kind of mech or something on the japan side... let's face it, it's pretty damn hard to avoid. they could have something like a chobit XD some kind of sickeningly cute femme character, or some half cat girl XD tokyo mew mew! XDDD i can just see allied and soviet infantry men curling over and dying from the cuteness x3; or from lack of blood to the brain :P

there is gonna be some kind of mech or something on the japan side... let's face it, it's pretty damn hard to avoid. they could have something like a chobit XD some kind of sickeningly cute femme character, or some half cat girl XD tokyo mew mew! XDDD i can just see allied and soviet infantry men curling over and dying from the cuteness x3; or from lack of blood to the brain :P

Red Alert is admittedly wonky but I would hope that EA stays light on the anime influences, if this is a alternate timeline, it is possible that the Japanese never invented the concept. Gene modded nekos would be interesting, but they should be more Island of Dr. Moreau and less "Hello Kitty."

I think this is gonna be just the boost RA needs, I mean Yuri spiced things up in YR.........though is it me or is RA's centrsl theme "hey let's screw with history." xD I'm a devoted fan of the RA universe don't get me wrong

their lookout most definately is messing with history XD it makes the history fanatics (like me) cry x3; and full on furre beings would be pretty cool, but i somewhat doubt it would work with the mental mind control as much o.o; let's be honest here - apart from a few rare few of us how many gets the hots from looking at a werewolf? x3; besides if you went down the furre route it would be considered more western then asian o.o

anyway i'm betting they will have high levels of tech for japan. because that's what japan is... innovation and science to the extreme... so it probably will be mecha but not necessarily in the gundam sense... maybe like AT ST type walkers or small scale battlesuits (though i think the new tesla trooper covers that) or multilegged walkers or hovering ones like you see in the armoured core games o.o or mechs which would make the mechwarrior fans geek out xD

@ Doctor Destiny: I'll decline to answer that on grounds it can get so bad so many ways. :P

@Mina Squad: Battlesuits are very possible as they're one of the few robo-suits covered in Japanese anime (at least the ones I saw) plus they would go real well with the whole samurai theme. It's possible that the Empire gets a close range combat unit as one of their infantry and he mainly runs around with a electro-magnetically charged katana or something.

Another thing while I'm thinking of it. Japan really only developed their innovation streak after WWII. Before that they were very traditional, very "what was good for my grandad is good enough for me" which is why they at first failed to see the purpose to the American submachine guns. ;)

Edited by Gen. Yuri

i think they will get kamakazi stuff, like suicide boats and suicide trucks and suicide planes and suicide men.

i wonder if it'll be as over the top as the GLA xD that would be funny... probably offend a lot of people but it'll be funny none the less x3

They better not have rocket buggies.

*shudder*

Lies! Rocket buggies were the most awesome thing in gens!

Wut, too fast for you?

How about comonating units. Or the Lagann from Gurren Lagann

the big robot thing? (haven't seen the series/movie/whatever but after a quick google search i think i get the gist of it) i think it would fall under mecha o.O

comonating?

How about comonating units. Or the Lagann from Gurren Lagann

No! God! Keep the mecha away from RA3! GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!