Sign in to follow this  
Gen. Yuri

Empire of the Rising Sun

i have to admit i'm curious as to how they would attempt mecha if they brought it into RA3 o.O what would they look like... what functions would they have... cliche yes but i'd still like to see it o.o

I concur, mechs are so very stupid.

meh that was a western mech warrior style mecha anyway o.O they look clunky and slow... eastern mecha are streamlined and usually fast.

also just for reference... both japan and america are currently developing mech systems for use in the military. chances are by the next large scale war, they will be involved. i'd like to see you call them stupid when american mechs are marching down paris way like the wehrmacht XD

Mechs are so not Red Alert!

i'm afraid there will be alot of things in RA3 that are 'so not Red Alert!' before it's release. Who cares? As long as it makes the gameplay better and more fun to play then theres nothing wrong with it in my book.

Ultimately, I'll accept mechs so long as EA does two things to them, make them fun and more importantly make them original. The recent interview shows there's a strong possiblity that EA's going to put them in (as well as ninjas) so I guess I can just hope they make them original.

Although I'm still curious what they're trying to pull with this "different method of building" hint. Do all three factions have a different way of building (Con Yard, Dozer, and Deployable buildings?) or will there just be a difference between how the Empire builds and how the original two build?

once again, agreed. ninjas! omi goshi i forgot about ninjas :o~ that'll be awesome!!! though i'm not sure how they will make original mechs... covering mech commander and anime every single mech type has already been done in some form or another :P but whatever the new building method is let's hope it's a good one and not some really daft bad design which no-one will be able to properly play ._.; i mean how much could it vary from the previous games? if they change it too much it won't be a C&C anymore... :\

I don't know, but I suppose that's the point of the beta, to make sure nothing kneecaps any of the three for release.

At least they are bringing back tesla and kirovs.

do the kirovs look any different? the only reference to kirovs i've seen was in that drawn picture of a soviet base... with the new teslas walking out and stuff... but i've seen a couple of tesla screenshots methinks so i know what they look like... but then again what could they do to change a kirov? there is only so much you can do to a blimp before it's no longer a blimp or it starts affecting physics xD

Theres a screenshot of a kirov ingame. its like a 3D version of the old one :)

i hope there are Apoc tanks too.

You can't have a Command and Conquer game with some incarnation of the Mammoth Tank. It's just not right, or allowable. :P

And for the record, I hate that poor excuse for a Mammoth in Tiberian Sun. **** the MMk2.

hmm oO at least they haven't gone and messed it up i guess ^^;

It's hard to mess up a blimp. The only way they could change that would be to make the Kirov more like a plane and less like a airship.

I'm still waiting for someone to make the inevitable reference to the song "Turning Japanese," it's too good of a corny joke to pass up it seems. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I believe we do have two Empire units to dicuss, the Tsunami battle tank and the Seawing Bomber craft. Both are amphibous and both seem to show that the Japanese have multi-functional units.

my point exactly. it is possible to mess up a blimp but it won't be a blimp anymore ^^; i was gonna mention the song earlier but i thought better of it xD i'm enough of an anime geek as it is >.>; i hope the soviets and allies have some kind of defence against waterbased units... otherwise the japanese are gonna have one heck of an easy time winning o.O; no longer can we rely on leaning back against a water coastline without fear of being slaughtered c.c;

my point exactly. it is possible to mess up a blimp but it won't be a blimp anymore ^^; i was gonna mention the song earlier but i thought better of it xD i'm enough of an anime geek as it is >.>; i hope the soviets and allies have some kind of defence against waterbased units... otherwise the japanese are gonna have one heck of an easy time winning o.O; no longer can we rely on leaning back against a water coastline without fear of being slaughtered c.c;

I see sea mines becoming a wise investment for Allied and Soviet commanders (if they're in the game.) Also, it has been said that your units can either be really good on the land or in the water, not both. If you go the amphbious route you can do both but not either very well.

i hope so. otherwise japan could turn out to be a majorly over-kitted side. total godmod... xD though it would be kinda fun to watch the total and utter slaughter. once or twice. but it would get boring fast >->;

i'm enough of an anime geek as it is >.>;

Do you watch 'Naruto'? :)

'fraid not x3 i prefer things like negima and love hina... i'm more of a manga collector then an anime watcher o.o; i has 124 mangas to date ^-^