i heard about the dune mod for cnc3

sounds ok

Well, actually there are at least three Dune mods coming up for C&C3. First of is Dune: Arrakian Wars that will bring back Emperor Battle for Dune to the Sage Engine. And then you have Dune 2000 Revolution that attempts to recreate Dune 2000 in the Sage Engine. Finally there is Dune: Evolution (working title). So alot coming up for us who like Dune! :D

As a bonus I found a Dune mod for Renegade to! Dune Returns. And I know i have seen other Dune projects aswell.

DUNE 2k was on the TD/RA engine. IMO Emperor The Battle For Dune was an epic RTS, but it was less balanced than YR for example.

Dune 2k was on the engine revision before TD. it was then updated and used for TD.

There's also the Battle for Dune mod, a stand-alone mod for renegade.

Dune 2k was on the engine revision before TD. it was then updated and used for TD.

Other way around. TD/RA precede Dune 2000.

Other way around. TD/RA precede Dune 2000.

Stealing my info, eh? :P

Hehehe... So, you guys liked Dune? I mean, last I heard was that Emperor: Battle For Dune served as a testbed for the first generation SAGE engine, which was then used on Generals (and subsequently, Zero Hour).

They must have been doing something wrong, 'cause EBfD is superior to generals.

yeh, they made the biggest joke outta themselfes by giving the game a useless storyline (if there even was a storyline).

I think Generals was a muscle flex from EA against other RTS at that time, and the C&C glued on was probably to attract us (the c&c fans/geeks/whatevarrr).

All in all, Disapointing but wise choice from EA :)

They must have been doing something wrong, 'cause EBfD is superior to generals.

Only in storyline... Generals played better than BFD.

That's where our opinions differ.... the only thing good about generals was the awesome GLA :)

I heard was that Emperor: Battle For Dune served as a testbed for the first generation SAGE engine, which was then used on Generals (and subsequently, Zero Hour).

Yes the origins of the W3D/SAGE engine began with EBFD.

You know, I kinda think CnC3 is using E:BfD engine. Look almost alike.

Good job! You figured it out!

Well, BFD is the trial run for the SAGE engine so it would make a bit of sense to see similarities.

I was thinking about that useful pic there.

What about if tiberium is the key to interstellar tavell and that "he who controls tiberium controls the universe" is the future tag-line for the Tiberian-series? That is what i call a "Dune-theori". And the great tiberian houses of earth fights for the substance. The noble tiberium mining company Atreides, the evil mining company Harkoonen and the insidios Ordos. But all the companies must follow the directives put out by GDI. No nukes allowed etc. The Atreides must seek out an alliance with the mysterious tribe of the forgotten to be able to gain on the Harkoonen in the race to controle the market. The only condition except the no-nuking-rule is that tiberium must allways "flow". No tiberium no interstellar travell. So the mining companies have to deliver tiberium to the market with rapid spead. But hidden in the shadows the dark brotherhood of Nod controls 49% of the market through stock-holding. Nod also have several agents working in the boards of the great mining companies, the great "houses". Nod uses the agents to controle the houses. Nod also runs a full scale war with the "imperial house GDI". both GDI and Nod have thier own mining facilities as well but the mayority of the tiberium on the market comes from the civillian mining houses. But nowadays they aren't that much civillian any mory, all the companies have great armies of their own. To their aid in planing their military operations the commanders of the houses make use of mentats also known as Electronic Video Agents(EVA).

Well I will add to my Dune-theori later lol But the point of it is to evolve the tiberian-setting to a more Dune-like story.

okay. that proves you kinda didn't get the point of this thread :)

nice theori anyways.

Well I got the point of the thread but it was stupid. Sorry for the spam.

Imagine, instead of the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood, there could be the Sisterhood of Yuri. A sisterhood consisting of freaks with weird mental abilities like mind controlling and stuff.^^

lol, nice theory indeed, but kinda pointless. lmao.

Edited by Inferno

I believe so, they go it when they took over Westwood. Although, it might belong with someone else or some ****. Eh.

Nope. I doubt EA holds the rights to any dune games anymore. Depending on the license Westwood had, they might have the rights for any dune RTS games. but 2 other dune games have been proposed and then canned since Emperor: Battle for Dune.

The latest attempt was a Dune based MMO which fell through. That company went bust but the parent company (a french one) may still hold the rights.

French game company Cryo and its subsidiary, Cryonetworks, have shut down, according to a report on gaming news site GamesIndustry.biz. The closure is due to a failure to negotiate a deal with the company's creditors, and Cryo shares have been suspended from trading awaiting an announcement from the company's board of directors.

Cryo is the publisher behind the upcoming massively multiplayer online sci-fi role-playing game Dune Generations. A number of other Cryo games have been published in North America through a partnership with Canada-based DreamCatcher Interactive.

So I guess dream catcher hold the rights to Dune video games, if they have not expired yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_computer_and_video_games

A Dune 2000 remake would be neat. Dunno about it being a 3d game. 2.5d isometric would still be enjoyable. Even though Dune 2000 is just a remake of Dune II. More live action videos would quench my thirst for dune.

Perhaps a new Dune game will be made to tie in with the new Mini series being made in 2010.