Sign in to follow this  
Guest Corbo

Windows XP + C&C Original = Trouble

some modder should make a tottal convesrion ra2 c&c mod that would be awsome

...even though its hard to improve perfection

I dont know why are you bothering with the m$ crap. these games work perfectly on linux, with wine.

I dont know why are you bothering with the m$ crap. these games work perfectly on linux, with wine.

maybe, but windows is a world wide standard OS

many people use it, it's very popular and compatible

with many sorts of files, programs, ... on the net

and it certainly has improved since XP

linux is average. Least MS will run everything unlike linux.

I find that one should only use Linux if there is a good reason for it. Say, you're a company and don't have a lot of money, then use OpenOffice and Linux instead of Windows + Office.

If it's not about the money, well... Windows is much better for games :D

Couldn't agree more. However getting Wine configured correctly can be quite a difficult task. On my Linux it only worked after I copied all DLL's from my old Win3.1 into the fake windows directory.

Right now, I have problems getting X-windows to work with my onboard video card. Meh.

And Koen... you're wrong. Games are the ONLY thing you should might Windows for :P

And even then. UT2004 supports Linux, and soon, more will follow, while M$ keeps clinging to its Xbox :roll:

OK, put differently:

I need Windows for games and for Windows development. Besides that, I like the quality of the MS Office spelling and grammar checks.

So those are the things to use Windows as my main environment. Sure I have linux installed, it's just that my Linux installations don't last long. The last one for example managed to wreck my partition table on the drive it installed to (a known bug in Suse 9.1) and both Windows and DOS refused to recognize the disk after that. I'll reinstall once Suse 9.2 is out :D

Just install GenToo. LOADS easier to install and update programs.

Need a program? Open a console, type 'emerge' and the name of the program, and Gentoo downloads and installs it :D

And 'emerge -u world' updates every single thing you got installed to the latest version 8)