Sonic

Kane's Wrath Unit Spotlight - The Shatterer

Another unit spotlight has been posted on the Official C&C 3 Site. Featured this time is the new GDI Shatterer. And like previous unit spotlights the usual assortment of screen shots and concept art are included.

The GDI Shatterer & ZOCOM Zone Shatterer

With the implosion of Nod following the Second Tiberium War, Tiberium reduction efforts became the central focus of the Global Defense Initiative worldwide. Previous abatement efforts were more intently focused on slowing the spread of Tiberium into key high-population areas through the use of sonic fencing and the Sonic Emitter. Regaining ground in infested areas, however, would require a fully mobile solution capable of rendering the land habitable by human populations once again. The GDI Shatterer, developed by mounting sonic resonance technology on an all-terrain HoverTech platform, allowed GDI reclamation efforts to begin penetrating the vast fields of Tiberium covering the planet.

A second version of the Shatterer, designated the Zone Shatterer, was designed for Red Zone deployment with ZOCOM Tiberium-reduction squadrons. By drawing upon reserve power, the Zone Shatterer is capable of delivering an additional wave of resonance destruction, allowing ZOCOM squadrons to more effectively clear out the larger Tiberium crystal structures present in most Red Zones.

Following the unexpected assault of Washington D.C. by Nod forces, the Shatterer was repurposed for military use. Waves of sonic destruction proved exceptionally effective against the masses of uprising Nod militants and waves of Tiberium-infused alien invaders. Though lightly armored and no faster than a Predator Tank, the Shatterer proved an invaluable ally both on and off the battlefield.

thumb_screen78.jpg thumb_screen79.jpg thumb_concept46.jpg thumb_concept47.jpg

Check out the full unit spotlight on the Official C&C 3 Site for more.

Woho! Can i hear Shatter rush? ;D

Far to high in the tech tree to be a rushing unit. :P

I like the Zocom shatter though, should be interesting. :)

Far to high in the tech tree to be a rushing unit. :P

OK then, let's just spam them. ;)

Much better. :P

I hate it when people say avatar rush... I mean, if it doesn't happen in the first 3 minutes of the game, IT ISN'T A RUSH! :P

I had to say that. :)

I still would have preferred this one as a none-hover unit. But oh well.

I still would have preferred this one as a none-hover unit. But oh well.

But that's whats makes it win... :huh:

It makes it less awesome and it can't crush infantry now :(

Really? Oh :blush:

Well it would still be more epic if it had tracks.

Notice the TS concrete wall in the first screen! Looks good. :)

Too bad these floating pieces of junk will be taken out far in advance by Nod's new artillery. :D

They had TS walls in Tiberium Wars too.

Really? I didn't notice..

Pic or it nevar happened!! :P

Go play the first mission for GDI, they are in that. They are in a few other maps as well. Though not a big deal really.

Go play the first mission for GDI, they are in that. They are in a few other maps as well. Though not a big deal really.

Shhh you! :P

I tried to read the page - but it failed to open - and I can't be bothered to check it again just now.

Shouldn't the sonic weapons have some sort of in-game affect on tiberium, to line up with it's fiction?

I assume it's not mentioned at the page, and is not implemented. Correct?

I tried to read the page - but it failed to open - and I can't be bothered to check it again just now.

Shouldn't the sonic weapons have some sort of in-game affect on tiberium, to line up with it's fiction?

I assume it's not mentioned at the page, and is not implemented. Correct?

Yeah, they sould be Scrin killers!

Shhh you! :P

They had those fancy light towers from TS as well. Though only in mission 1 GDI, and garrisonable this time.