Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Adam Isgreen Leaves Petroglyph

Adam Isgreen, Also known to many around the C&C and Petro Communities as Ishmael. Adam was one of the biggest creative minds for the storylines, creative direction and development of the C&C Franchise, and most recently Universe at War. However he has decided that his time has come to leave Petroglyph. This is his little goodbye.

Well, I'll keep this short and sweet --

It's time for me to be moving on. Petroglyph has been a great home for me for the past few years, but there are some things I'd like to pursue that requires Petro and I to part ways, and this is the best time for us to make a clean break.

I've certainly enjoyed interacting and chatting with all of you in the community here and abroad. Thanks for all the support and passion regarding the E@W and U@W franchises. I think you'll all be very excited about where Petroglyph is going in the future!

Cheers,

Adam "Ishmael" Isgreen

Where do you think he's off to now? In the past he has expressed how he's missed working on C&C. So is he going back to EA to work with the C&C Franchise, or will he go somewhere else? Discuss!

It would be cool if EA grabbed him. :D

yeah EA definately need him o_o especially for something like RA3 o.o that would be good. we need a good creative mind working on stuff like that... although stuff like generals was fun the plot was a little dodgy at best. need more westwood xD

Oh, I don't know about that, RA3 seems pretty ****ed up already, they don't need to go make it even more strange. :P

never know. might bring some sanity to it o.O well, enough so people's heads won't explodie XD

Well let's hope he goes to Valve, were he really can to the stuff he like. Although if he goes to EA and CnC that would be awesome!

If Kane isn't Jesus then going to EA would mean Adam is. :D

This is a pretty massive blow to Petroglyph. This guy is an game development legend!

Reading the official thread I notice concerns about Petro with 3 guys leaving... but Adam seems to be a key player. It will be interesting to see where it develops. I hope he wasn't pushed out, or felt like he was forced out... and that he will continue to do well.

(But being less WESTWOODY is not necessarily a bad thing for Petro IMO.)

Petro needs to ditch Window Live for all future projects unless they want them to die online like UAW has. :(

Petro needs to ditch Window Live for all future projects unless they want them to die online like UAW has. :(

That's not Petros fault, all SEGA's PC titles have live now...

Then **** SEGA.

Then **** SEGA.

Yeah, just look what they did to Sonic! :angry:

Then, pick a better publisher than, as Sega REALLY dropped the ball on their own. :P

Then, pick a better publisher than, as Sega REALLY dropped the ball on their own. :P

Yeah, like EA! :D

I would say yes as EA are pretty good at what they do, marketing and such, but the one things that brings it all down, is Gayspy. If only EA would find another bunch to handle their online games or make their own services.. But alas.. :(

I agree. Failspy fails at, well, everything with the exception of the nice combination of green and black. Break it down.

What Petroglyph really needs is something the equivalent of Battle.net for their games. Something that they control.

I agree. Failspy fails at, well, everything with the exception of the nice combination of green and black. Break it down.

What Petroglyph really needs is something the equivalent of Battle.net for their games. Something that they control.

Agreed.

Agreed, unfortunately Battle.net isn't exactly a cheap "free" service to give to gamers. Granted, it beats those $10 a month deals but still it's not cheap for the publishers to set up.

Its an investment into the future. :)