Sign in to follow this  
Guest Prometheus

another error :(

Guest Prometheus

When i try to load a saved .tib i get this error.

new.jpg

That's not good...

- is there enough free room on your C-drive?

- does it have this with all TIB files or just one?

- can you send me one of the 'bad' TIB files ([email protected])

Are there any spaces in the user name you blanked out (in this messagebox, and/or in the full name)?

Guest Prometheus

It does it for all my tibed files. And no i do not have spaces in my name.

But i went in that folder and it is read only could that be doing it? i tried to uncheck read only but it keeps going back.

To rule out bad TIB files, can you send me a TIB file created by you? ([email protected])

It is safe to remove the ~TibEdMod.x where x is a number folders from your temporary folder, just as long as you have no instances of TibEd running. You're not logged on with multiple users in Windows XP?

Perhaps a system reboot could help... but I can't imagine why it would. But sometimes it magically fixes problems.

Guest Prometheus

i rebooted and i only have 1 user on this comp and everytime i try to make a new tibed file it says the same thing to its not just a few files. :(

Try reinstalling tibed and maybe using another folder to store your files in.

When you set up your account on xp did you check the box that said "dont allow other users on this computer to access my files"?

If so some of the stuff in my docs folder can get messed up badly to where you might not even have access to them if you do a repair or a restore.

So try reinstall and use a diff folder maybe just try it on your C: drive not even in a folder.

i rebooted and i only have 1 user on this comp and everytime i try to make a new tibed file it says the same thing to its not just a few files. :(

So what error do you get when you start a new project?

Do you get this one?

I thought you got this one when you loaded a saved TIB file?

Guest Prometheus

I mean whenever i make a new tibed file and try to load it. it will say that.

Guest Prometheus

koen i just tried to open a file i just made and it worked but i still cant open my main mod file can i send it to you?

Yes you can. I'll try to open it myself.

You do not happen to have an almost full disk, do you?

Also, alpha 13 build 51, which I uploaded today, fixes a bug when you first have a Generals Project open and then try to load a Zero Hour mod. That could be related but I don't think it would cause this kind of a problem.