P-G News

Need Tech Support

<span class="postbody">This is my first post and I wish it was on better terms. I have recently purchased the game and installed it on my computer. The specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon XP 2100+, ~1.7GHz

ATI Radeon 9100 128.0mb

512MB RAM

The problem I am getting occurs as soon as I start with an error about Windows LIVE which I seem to be able to hit enter and continue. Then the intro begins, but the videos are not showing. I get a black screen with sound playing and white text on the bottom. Once I enter the game menu, there is no background only a black screen. I can see the menu and change my video options, but nothing seems to help. So far I have tried updating my motherboard, video, and processor drivers to no avail. I even tried multiple sets of video drivers and reinstalled the game many times. Any help you guys could offer would be appreciated.

Author: jodun | Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:56 AM (GMT 0) | Total Comments: 1

I might need to know your operating system. Also your RAM is 512 MB. Mine was intill I got more because my version of the game didn't work ethier. You might want to check around a little more before you buy more though. For example. Even know you have 512 MB your system uses some too. Like I have one Gig but, can only use 768 MB of it because my computer needs it to do background tests. You might also need to change the Resolution, at least try it.

If it dosen't work than tell me.

If it does than let me know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE WHEN YOU CAN TAKE OVER TACO BELL?

One more thing for someone else. I have a problem with the Retail version. The demo works fine but, when ever I select play from the startup menu it says "Please insert the Universe At Aw Earth Assualt DVD, press ok, and restart the game. I have to floppies so my drives are different letters, but I installed it on the same letter. My specs are:

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3

Intel Pentium 4 2.00 GHz

PNY Nividia GeForce 6300 (Registers as 6200) 256 MB

Sound Blaster Live 64-Bit Sound Card

2 Floppies 2 DVDS 1 HD

Operating on HD 720p

Please Help, and thanks in advance!

I have exactly the same problem as P-G News, I've posting and reading in all UaW forums, but no one answers.

Can someone help me please

I have:

AMD Athlon XP 2200

1.82GHz

640MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000

I see your post - but I have no real help to offer. I'm worse than a noob when it comes to technical support, but I'm posting here in the effort to help bump the thread up.

It sounds like a graphical display error, which means out of date drivers or incompatible drivers. PGNEWS/JODUN mentioned that he updated all drivers, the only thing else I can think to mention is Direct X and graphics Card itself. Looking at the foc game requirements it mentions direct x "9.0c" are you running that? Next question is there any mentioned of problems with the graphic card itself in the readme or on the Petro website???

Sorry... I know those are nooby questions but that's what I am. I just hate that nobody has answered you.

You could try the cncnz.com tech support forum here...

http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?showforum=6

I might need to know your operating system. Also your RAM is 512 MB. Mine was intill I got more because my version of the game didn't work ethier. You might want to check around a little more before you buy more though. For example. Even know you have 512 MB your system uses some too. Like I have one Gig but, can only use 768 MB of it because my computer needs it to do background tests. You might also need to change the Resolution, at least try it.

your system should only use some of the ram if you have an onboard display card enabled - as you say in your post after that:

PNY Nividia GeForce 6300 (Registers as 6200) 256 MB

if you take 1024 (1gb) and minus your 768 you get your missing 256mb

is your gpu onboard?

@gben

you're on the right track... you need to start simple to find where the problem lies. Often it is just somthing simple like updating drivers or software.

from the specs posted here the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 that Wasp has, Nvidia GeForce 6300 that UAWEA WOLF THE DESTROYER has, and the ATI Radeon 9100 that P-G News has doesn't look like it supports HW T&L which could be the cause of the blackness......

http://www.petro-gamers.com/games/uaw/system/ says you need hw t&l as a minimum as well as 128mb(256mb for online) on the gpu......

so UAWEA WOLF THE DESTROYER you should just scrape in there, P-G News may get away with it but prob not...... Wasp, I'm sorry, but seriously upgrade your gpu.

http://www.mgram.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=5845 $75 for a Nvidia GeForce 8400GS 256Mb

The problem I am getting occurs as soon as I start with an error about Windows LIVE which I seem to be able to hit enter and continue.

can you show me a screen shot of the error?

Edited by Jinxx

It does come down to Graphics adapters. I had an ATI Radeon 8000 series and that did nothing for this game. You'll also need a full 750Mb of RAM free and a processor capable of around 2.4GHz to run efficiently. A Geforce 6600 128MB is the minimum recommended adapter really.

But Jinxx has it on the money really. Games are often more demanding than the minimum requirements on the boxes these days.