Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Red Alert 3 Details from Click! Magazine Preview

The most recent issue of the Polish gaming magazine Click! features a preview of Red Alert 3. Kodaemon was kind enough to supply the following points of interest (via Planet CNC) translated from the magazine.

• One of the superweapons is the "Gravity Cannon" (translated from the Polish) which "pulls satellites out of orbit and hurls them down at the enemy", which sounds just a wee bit derivative (okay, identical) to Act of War's Falling Star Uplink.
  • Product Manager David Silverman (he's been on the Battlecast as well) is quoted as saying that the Japanese Empire develops in a different manner than the Allies and Soviets, and that it has its own, full, campaign.
  • Tanya gets a portable time machine that allows her to move back in time a few seconds, resetting her position and health.
click.jpg

If you visit the Click! site you can see two scanned pages of the Red Alert 3 preview from the magazine.

Nothing can surpass nuclear missiles.

Still, I think Gravity Cannon should also disrupt enemy radar since it destroys satelites.

You fail at reading, Blackout. All the Commando's are chicks. All sexy slim chicks that if they were actually fired a weapon would probably go flying backwards from the recoil. :P

Its a pitty they got rid of Nukes. But they are so over used in every game these days, something new would be nice. And not just a bomb that acts like a nuke, sounds like a nuke and for all intensive purposes is a nuke, but is blue instead of orange.

I thought Tanya wasn't returning?

Tanya the character is back again but most likely not Kari Wuhrer the actress.

I wonder who'll play Kari Wuhrer.

They probable went for an available girl with the matching shapes :D

A portable time-M... Yeah... And im not suprised...

AND GIEF ME MY NUKES! :(

Wouldn't the satellite burn up before impact?

Proboly not if it's dragged by a machine. It won't have that time...

Wouldn't the satellite burn up before impact?

Do they in real life? There's so many news stories of old satellites falling to earth and landing in the ocean, or getting blown to bits by the US military because they are going to crash.

It depends on a whole bunch of variables and other ****. But some will and some won't.

But it doesn't matter I mean its a game FFS. :P

Nothing can be as satisfying as sweet destruction caused by a nuclear weapon. :(

Edited by Louis EX

is the gravity cannon located in the rear of a Dr Evil sub? LOL couldn't resist.....anyway all this sounds good

allright whats's up with the hotpants, like that :)

Aggred, and they are leather to! ;)

The gravity cannon actually sounds pretty good :)