Luk3us

New MOAR info

Seems that the news for Tiberium has more or less stopped.

I hope it picks up after KW is released, and that RA3 doesn't totally over shadow it. :(

I think it's time to put this in here. This is an e-mail we got in response to the recent Roundtable discussion. These words are direct from ZoneRunner, and will pretty much answer the concern in this thread:

Hey guys - I was just reading the round-table (a great read, by the way), and wanted to shoot a note around to hopefully quell some of your

concerns about Tiberium.

This is regarding Question 4 in the round table: "Do you think the Red Alert 3 news has stolen the spotlight from the likes of Kane's Wrath and

more importantly TIBERIUM?"

I absolutely understand your concerns about there being little new information about Tiberium floating around these days, but rest easy. We've not yet begun to fight! There's a lot of time between now and Tiberium's release, and we've got some really huge plans to fill up that time. I've been working on my community planning along side our marketing guys who are working on the bigger marketing push, and I'm happy to say that there are some very exciting things on the table - not just for C&C fans, but for shooter and sci-fi fans in general. Think of it like an epic blockbuster movie - they always start with a very early teaser announcement, then they go away for a while to finish the film, and come back for a big build-up to launch as the release of the movie nears. You've only seen the tip of the Tiberium iceberg! :)

Additionally, it wouldn't be very productive - or very fun - for us to be doing a big push on all three games at once, so I think as we move ahead, you'll always see one of the three games at the forefront of the promotions, having it's moment in the sun. This is great for fans, in my opinion, because instead of having to clamor to get news about all three titles at once, we can ensure that there will be some great distribution over the course of the year about all of these awesome titles.

Thanks!

- ZoneRunner

There we go that changes the direction of the thread... Now discuss! ;)

I hope we get a TIBERIUM MP beta key when we buy RA3. ^^

I hope it picks up after KW is released, and that RA3 doesn't totally over shadow it. :(

tbh i hope RA3 does overshadow it

Well that's logical reasoning and sure to convince everyone that it should be overshadowed!! :rolleyes:

Do you care to elaborate why Tiberium should be overshadowed? Because last time I checked, they're both EA games being aimed towards the same community amongst others.

Well that is nice to know that EA are just waiting to release more juicy details on Tiberium. :)

I feel Tiberium should really be marketed to hell and back, because tbh its not like RA3 is going to need much of any publicity anyway. :P

Do you care to elaborate why Tiberium should be overshadowed?

Its an fps, cnc should be more well known for its rts games.

We could be here a while.

That's still not a valid reason. Wanna try again?

I think it's time to put this in here. This is an e-mail we got in response to the recent Roundtable discussion. These words are direct from ZoneRunner, and will pretty much answer the concern in this thread:

Well I was never worried about the lack of news. It was always understood that while it was dumb (IMO) to announce the game while before KW is released... but it would be incredibly stupid to force all the games to compete for our attention... especially the with game not shipping for a year.

I think what has undone them here is the overwhelming interest in RA3 over everything else at the moment

For both RA3 & Tiberium, we were always, and clearly in the TEASER stage.

The stage that doesn't tickle your fancy but tortures you with anticipation.

We could be here a while.

That's still not a valid reason. Wanna try again?

Yeh, it is.

For both RA3 & Tiberium, we were always, and clearly in the TEASER stage.

The stage that doesn't tickle your fancy but tortures you with anticipation.

RA3 and tiberium are definitely not in the same stage. While RA3 is set for the end of this year, tiberium still has a long way to go.

i know which one i'm looking foward to the most :)

Its an fps, cnc should be more well known for its rts games.

Well now that's just being greedy. :) It's a great universe. Why shouldn't other gamers be allowed to get their hands dirty in it?

Wow, an EA person. I never seen one before outside a EA forum.

Well now that's just being greedy. :) It's a great universe. Why shouldn't other gamers be allowed to get their hands dirty in it?

Thank You Zonerunner

Renegade, despite not being too warmly received outside the community was a kickass title which many of us enjoyed. I expect Tiberium to be equally (or more) kickass, and also receive some great reception from the gaming community as a whole.

Tiberium has the infinite potential to shine above many First person shooters on the market. The UT3 engine is an amazing piece of kit to work with, and plays great! So it has that bonus going for it already. As I said in the Roundtable discussion, First Person Shooters are a dime a dozen (especially sci-fi shooters). But I think we're gonna have a great franchise here that can continue where Kane's Wrath leaves off, and then lead us into a potential future C&C 4.

EA have a goldmine here. And to be honest, I'm one of the few people who probably have a slightly more significant interest in Tiberium than Red Alert 3. We know so little about this title, and this is probably the main reason why my level of curiosity is high. That, and I love First Person shooters. :P

OK... WTF is going on here then... Where is the real Saracen and what have you done with him? Seems as though you've done a full 180 on EA as of late... ;)

Let's just say I've got in touch with Aaron "Apoc" Kaufman again and called a truce! :P

No but seriously... The problem I had with C&C 3 is in the past. I like what I see right now with the games... but I'm not gonna be rosy with everything if it bothers me... Let's just say I'm a lot more open minded now! ;)

Truly bipolar... But usually bipolar is quick and easily won... Therefore you're just moody for long periods of time, not bipolar. :P

Honestly, with the lack of info on both games atm, they're about equal on the hyp-o-meter.

yeah "Need for speed tiberium". that would be even wierder :)

lol.. Stealth tanks would be OP I'm sorry. :P

hey, don't get me wrong, i wasn't saying that there shouldn't be a CnC fps, on the contrary i am a big fan of Renegade online. Just that i think it's better suited to rts and that should be it's main focus (not only focus, main focus). :)

hey, don't get me wrong, i wasn't saying that there shouldn't be a CnC fps, on the contrary i am a big fan of Renegade online. Just that i think it's better suited to rts and that should be it's main focus (not only focus, main focus). :)

Well, fret not. As KW and RA3 demonstrate, no one's leaving the RTS folks behind. :)

Hehehe. Well, what can we expect? The teaser stage can kill you if you're not careful. Anyway, I'm anticipating both games. I want Tiberium since I miss Renegade a bit, and my daily dose of Crysis and Mechwarrior 4 do not satiate that thirst. I also want RA3 because I really want to see how EA sees the RA and Tiberium universes; either as interconnected timelines (which I think was Westwood's vision), or as 2 separate universes. RA3 probably will decide that.

We can expect a gradual release of information soon enough. I wouldn't worry too much. Marketing is about timing more than anything, and while this is a strong key, there's also the quantity and quality to consider as well.... The teaser stage is perfect, and it's good to hold off for quite a while... It makes people hunger for more, demand answers to questions, and such... As consumers, many people are dying to know more now... which is what they wanna see....

But Tiberium is continuing (effectively) shortly after where Kane's Wrath leaves off, unless there is another expansion coming out for C&C 3 which bridges the gap between the games (which I doubt).... But I think the Franchise is in a perfect position right now for Tiberium to continue the universe in a really positive manner.

Thank You Zonerunner

Renegade, despite not being too warmly received outside the community was a kickass title which many of us enjoyed. I expect Tiberium to be equally (or more) kickass, and also receive some great reception from the gaming community as a whole.

Tiberium has the infinite potential to shine above many First person shooters on the market. The UT3 engine is an amazing piece of kit to work with, and plays great! So it has that bonus going for it already. As I said in the Roundtable discussion, First Person Shooters are a dime a dozen (especially sci-fi shooters). But I think we're gonna have a great franchise here that can continue where Kane's Wrath leaves off, and then lead us into a potential future C&C 4.

EA have a goldmine here. And to be honest, I'm one of the few people who probably have a slightly more significant interest in Tiberium than Red Alert 3. We know so little about this title, and this is probably the main reason why my level of curiosity is high. That, and I love First Person shooters. :P

Im with you there, im really more interested in Tiberium atm mostly because i hear its going to be comeing out for the PS3 too. Really dont care much about RA3 since chances are i wont beable to run it.

Sorry for such a wide arc in posting dates, just had to reply