TheRoadToDawn

What is your favorite unit?

I know CNCNZ had a pole earlier on asking the community as to what your favorite unit was, but in this forum, I want to know is, well, "Whats YOUR favorite Command & Conquer unit and what is your defined reason for liking it?"

To keep this post official on this forum, I prefer to keep it within the Tiberium Era (TW and KW preferably), but you can go outside the box if you include your favorite followed by your second but please try to keep it Tiberium.

My Favorites:

My overall favorite unit in the C&C era has to be the Mammoth Tank. To me, this was the first sole C&C unit that defined the term Overkill, :o , and :blink: . I never before saw a unit, nor a tank for that matter, that had twin guns and rockets that was capable of leveling entire bases either by itself (against the noobs. lol) or in a pact (especially now in C&C3 and RA2). With its premier in C&C TD, the Mammoth Tank continued to appear in other titles like RA (1,2,YR), in TS as a Forgotten unit (you had access to 3 of them in the last GDI mission, i guess for iconic reasons, but their armor did not help them much), it made its iconic appearance in Renegade and gave C&C fans a taste of its power, and yes in C&C3 for a return with GDI and again for them in KW. For continuation for the unit, C&C related developers also feature the unit in other games: in DUNE 2 and 2000, it came as the Devastator, Westwood also featured a upgraded Devastator-mech in Emperor Battle For Dune (as I guess they were trying to mimic GDI's evolution of the Mammoth in TS), It is also featured as a customed unit in Generals code named the Emperor Tank, and another version is now in Petroglyph's Star Wars Empire at War as a Rebel Alliance Assault Tank. The Mammoth Tank continues to be an iconic unit in the C&C community and has earned both the fear and the respect of all who have played Command & Conquer.

Second choice for me (and for those who know me in the community, you saw this coming :crazyguy: ) is the GDI Titan. My reasons for choosing this unit is because it gave to me personally the sense of feeling that in the Tiberium universe, through TS and FS, that mankind and its technology was evolving to the next realistic level. It was a very helpfull unit with its mixed capabilities of either offensing or defending against an opponent. The Titan can also be remembered as one of the first units to fire over walls and despite the fact that it did have less than average armor and is vulnerable to swarms of infantry, especially Nod Rocket Troops (saw those and said RUN!), the Titan is a capable Tank Spammer in the TS era as it was indeed capable of running troops to the ground while able to strike at tanks and defense structures while on the move. With a few Juggernauts (cant wait to use the Behemoths) in the rear and Wolverines giving support, I believe the Steel Talons will give the Scrin, Nod, and GDI buerocrats a run for their money.

Edited by TheRoadToDawn

Hmm...

Is Kane a unit? :P I'd pick him.

Though I like the Flame Tank and Stealth Tank from the TW era, balanced at the 1.09 level. They're both very nasty, and rather iconic to the C&C series.

C&C3 Stealth tank followed by C&C3 Flame tank.

Ghost Stalker, Titan and the Disruptor. As for Nod, Artillery, light tank (in every form, light, tick and scorpion) and Black Hand (not those form C&C3, but those from renegade, all three forms were epic).

Commando from CnC TD. He used to kick-ass with his rifle then waste buildings with c4. Could own a ghost stalker by standing on a ledge below or above if they ever fought.

Technician

Reasoning is not needed.

i love the Purifier, best new unit imo, specially with black flames. Also the Redeemer, you can turn it into daddy-Purifier with some garrisoned black hand.

I would have to say the Redeemer and Purifiers because when you uprgrade the flame, its one of the best deadly combos. When you see more than 10 purifiers and a redeemer. You will lose almost all structures, but if you see 10 or more purifiers, 1 Redeemer and a decoy of 1 of Redeemer and 3 avatars. That makes 13 or more purifiers and 2 Redeemers you are screwed. BLACK HAND ALL THE WAY WOOT!!!! :kw:

Reply is you agree

Specters :)

I simply like to abuse the long range in tower.

For CnC3, Stealth tanks. I love ambushes :D

Second place for CnC 3 would have to be Mammoth tanks, followed by Venoms.

ah..at last.. Nod have decent artillery..the Specter... Nice to have & you can deploy 'em anywhere without you enemy seeing 'em. coupled with stealth tank, you're good to go. you can assault enemy base & flee afterward. base defences, no problem.

next is venom. quick to kill infantry & aircraft. no problem. stealth unit, no problem.

..and then MARV with 2 Zone Trooper/Missile Squad & 2 Engineer. its good to reclaim some Tibs when you ran out or to screw you enemy.

last, Devastator Warship. Good to crack enemy defences.

hmm i must say that i love Planetary Assault Carrier :) its total badass when u have like... +30 :P

Easily the KW Titan (Because mechs rawk) and the Mammoth tank (Iconic CnC unit, huge tank). Runners-up would be the Shatterer (Splash damage), the stealth tank (Rate of fire, effectiveness) and the mechapede (Animation, idea).

Am I allowed to post favourite units from the RA universe as well?

Renegade orca pwns all other units ;)

Aside from that, spectres/stealth tanks in C&C 3 are pretty sweet

Edited by F15pilotX

:kw: : I would say my favorite unit from TW would be the Black Hand Commando because i can spam like 50 at someone, and backed by an army of purifiers is unstoppable!

:ts: : And from TS the Mammoth Mk.II ALL THE WAY!

:cc: :ren: : But my absolute favorite of all would be the GDI Orca from TD(and Renegade), if the unit was designed in real life it would be the most effective and maneuverable vehicle in the military, and plus if they had realistic damage on units this thing would tear through mammoth tanks! And it just look awesome too :D

For the releasal of RA3, yes this will allow RA units.

My favorite little unit in the RA Universe: the IFV. The most versatile, customizable, cheap, kick ass unit i have ever seen. lol

Edited by TheRoadToDawn

Second choice for me (and for those who know me in the community, you saw this coming :crazyguy: ) is the GDI Titan. My reasons for choosing this unit is because it gave to me personally the sense of feeling that in the Tiberium universe, through TS and FS, that mankind and its technology was evolving to the next realistic level.
I agree that the Titan is a cool and iconic unit, but labeling it "the next realistic level" of technology is rather off. Mechs, although cool looking (which is why they are so popular in Sci-Fi) were most likely rendered obsolete by the invention of the tank. Mechs are top-heavy and will become completely useless if they loose a leg, unlike a tank that will be immobilized but can still fire after the loss of a tread. Additionally, mechs would need armor for they legs in addition to their torso, increasing cost and weight without increasing protection, firepower, or speed. I say speed, because mechs would most likely not be faster than tanks, as mechs have to pick up their leg and move it forward, using energy that tanks can use to turn their treads.

Anyway, I'm going to have to agree with those that picked Specters, Stealth Tanks, and Mammoth Tanks. Moreover, I think that Awakened and Cyborg Reapers are cool, and would make a really, really effective combination. Finally, Firehawks and Vertigo Bombers are just fantastic (that is really what I think. Oh, by the way, which one's Pink?).

Second choice for me (and for those who know me in the community, you saw this coming :crazyguy: ) is the GDI Titan. My reasons for choosing this unit is because it gave to me personally the sense of feeling that in the Tiberium universe, through TS and FS, that mankind and its technology was evolving to the next realistic level.

I agree that the Titan is a cool and iconic unit, but labeling it "the next realistic level" of technology is rather off. Mechs, although cool looking (which is why they are so popular in Sci-Fi) were most likely rendered obsolete by the invention of the tank. Mechs are top-heavy and will become completely useless if they loose a leg, unlike a tank that will be immobilized but can still fire after the loss of a tread. Additionally, mechs would need armor for they legs in addition to their torso, increasing cost and weight without increasing protection, firepower, or speed. I say speed, because mechs would most likely not be faster than tanks, as mechs have to pick up their leg and move it forward, using energy that tanks can use to turn their treads.

I agree here mechs would also require a lot of power and precision to work the legs, the avatar is even more odd, and ridiculously human-like, and complex, but when you a choice between a likely-to-break mech, or an armored super bike with missile launchers :unsure:...

what would you pick?

Lol. You have to understand. I grew up with Gundam, Mechwarrior, and Command and Conquer. I love mechs, and yes i do think that someday we will have a biped mech(doesnt have 2 be a titan) roaming the battlefield.

Im not saying tanks and rocket bikes will be extinct.

Please keep in mind that this topic is to allow persons to express his/her favorite unit, not debate it. I understand what you mean by my claim to the mech being the future, but like i said, that is what i believed at the time.

Edited by TheRoadToDawn

Sounds fine to me...

Well here is an awesome picture of the original orca (favorite unit):

orca.jpg

Lol. You have to understand. I grew up with Gundam, Mechwarrior, and Command and Conquer.
Same here! In fact, to be completely honest, I do think that the Titan is one of the cooler units in the game. I just don't think that bipedal walkers are a realistic technology: there is nothing that a bipedal walker can do that a tank of the same technology level could not do better.

Please keep in mind that this topic is to allow persons to express his/her favorite unit, not debate it.

:( But that takes all the fun out of it! ;)

Seriously though, I am not saying that there is a problem with the Titan being your favorite unit. I am merely pointing out that bipedal combat walkers are not realistic.

why walk or tread....

>when you can FLY! :owned::D

Edited by BlyTwo

Let's see...

:cc: The Orca, it rocked for bombing runs.

:ts: I didn't really care for the game, but the Wolverine or Hover MRLS.

:cc3: The Flame Tank. I love how much damage it gives out and can take. One of the mainstays in my attacking forces. That, and the Stealth Tank, looks awesome as it slithers around the battlefield. And it actually does adequate damage WHILE having a great special effect.

:kw: I'm not really a fan of GDI, but I am now. The Hammerhead Gunship. With AP Ammo upgrade and a few Missile Squads, they shred up anything.