Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Posting From My New Laptop

Just as the subject says, I'm posting this from my new HP Pavillion laptop. The specs are....

Hewlett Packard Pavilion DV6747TX Notebook

• 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 Processor
  • 160GB Hard Drive
  • 1GB DDR2 Ram
  • NVIDIA® GeForce 256MB dedicated graphics
  • 15.4" WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen Display
  • Windows® Vista Premium
  • ExpressCard/54 slot (supports both 34 and 54 form factors)
  • Integrated 5-in-1 digital memory reader slot
  • Intel PRO/Wireless 802.11a/g/n; Bluetooth, integrated 10/100 LAN
  • LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±RW with Double Layer Support

I'm still getting used to thing, like Vista, it hasn't ****** me off yet. The touchpad is annoying but I'll learn to use eventually.

Oh yeah, the laptop will not be used for gaming, so the combo of CPU/RAM/Video are fine.

I've also discover people in my neighborhood have some unsecured networks smile.gif

Is that the one that has the touchpad slightly off-centre?

Nice laptop. Probably a little big for my liking.. Is it very heavy? Or rather light? My last Dell Laptop was so heavy, but this prevented me from ever forgetting about it.. lol...

I'd really like a tablet PC personally. They look soo cool, being able to write all over them. Pitty they are stupidly overpriced.

Is that the one that has the touchpad slightly off-centre?

Looks like its in the middle to me.

99713lgrl7.png

Nice laptop. Probably a little big for my liking.. Is it very heavy? Or rather light?

Its not very heavy at all. I will admit it was something I never considered when I purchased it.

I've also discover people in my neighborhood have some unsecured networks :)

Free internet :)

Looks really awesome, but I always hate how most laptops don't have a numpad....

Thats because its a laptop. :P You can buy those USB things anyway if you really need it.

Haha, I've downloaded a lot of stuff on my mom's laptop (she doesn't even use it! gah!) off neighbor's connections cause I didn't want to lag my gaming... And congrats... Thought I made a post in this topic but maybe I never bothered to hit the submit button. :?

I always hate how most laptops don't have a numpad....

The do have them, well mine does anyway. Its part of the main keyboard area. Starting with the 7 8 9 0 keys then moving down to the next row.

i love WIFI haha if i could be bothered i could hook in to my schools internet and watch tiberium legos on you tube from my ipod haha it would great for when im bored in class

Thats because its a laptop. :P You can buy those USB things anyway if you really need it.

USB thingies are wired. They are not part of your laptop and therefore a real pain if you want to move your laptop.

The do have them, well mine does anyway. Its part of the main keyboard area. Starting with the 7 8 9 0 keys then moving down to the next row.

Really? Well I suppose newer laptops are more likely to have 'em.

I have it to but before linux installed its bootloader and I had to reformat my hard drive it wouldn't work for some reason :S

TBO: thanks now I don't have to dl them all then convert them w/ any video converter :D

Mine came with vista too, dropped that put XP and Ubuntu on it.

Grats Sonic.

I've also discover people in my neighborhood have some unsecured networks :)

Yeah it's awesome, I have about 12 from my appartment most are unsecure and the rest has codes like "1234" and "abc" :D

But they aren't really fast though.

my ipod was mentioned earlyer and i have discovered you need a server to connect to rather then just a wireless source or broad band router, would it be hard to make one if i have a wireless network my ipod reckognises?