Ok here we go.

I bought a IBM modified computer off trademe in january, specs:

2 3GHz CPU processors

1.5Gb RAM

Nvidia Geforce 5 ????? Graphics card

Intel Network Card

Windows XP Pro SP2

I was trying to have a LAN battle with a mate on ra2, but my network card kept failing, so I thought I might have deleted something important while cleaning it. So I did a system restore, to before i had the pc (phail), and ignored the Warnings (Epic Phail) and now I'm stuck with 2 password protected user accounts (no hint) and a guest account.

Any ideas on how to get in?

I have tried the following:

• F8 - Safe mode - Administrator (Password protected, no hint)
  • At command line (Access Denied)
  • Many other command prompt things (Access denied)
  • Many online freewares (Access Denied)
:help: Edited by Sonic

you should try useing IE Pass view to see if any of his internet passwords were the same as his login password

If you have tried everything, the last resort is reformatting. :/

Windows XP has the security of a cardboard box, its damn easy to by pass the Windows login password. I used this program a couple of weeks ago to get into a second hand Toshiba laptop that a Windows user password.

Go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ and download the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor program. Follow the instructions for Bootdisk: Instructions & image to download.

Basically what this will do is create a bootable CD (or floopy disk) and enable you to work outside the Windows installation. It will let you change the password without knowing the current password or wipe all passwords for all user accounts. Its a little odd to work with at first but you can achieve perfect results simply by following on screen instructions and the instructions at http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/.

Put it this way, its quicker than formatting/re-installing Windows.

Thanks sonic I'll try that out before I got straight for the format lol :P

Yepp, a lot of ways truly, shows how easy it is to crack a Windows machine... lol. I would of booted with a Ubuntu LiveCD and gone from there.

Format and start again.

is it jst me or does Lukus just like to format rigs when something goes wrong

Ok I tried Sonics's Idea, but when I booted from the disk it just said "booting from hard disk please type password(which I know)" and then started up normal. The same resulted happened when I used a usb stick.

It might not have written the image properly so I'll download myself some iso burner and try again.

And I'll try Julbri's IE thing

Thanks for the help

is it jst me or does Lukus just like to format rigs when something goes wrong

Guess he's lazy. :P

Ok I tried Sonics's Idea, but when I booted from the disk it just said "booting from hard disk please type password(which I know)" and then started up normal. The same resulted happened when I used a usb stick.

Make sure its set in the BIOS to boot from a CD first.

once stomped my old screen becouse of a similiar problem.

Make sure its set in the BIOS to boot from a CD first.

Ah. Wee problem with that, if I go into setup and change stuff. when I exit it only gives me the option to exit without saving changes, all the other ones are grayed out.

:o That's definitely not a good sign. Try with a windows disk to see if it'll boot of it, then you can determine whether it's a bios problem or a problem with your iso file thing.

Guess he's lazy. :P

haha he may be lazy but he has a point, it will always work haha unless your a COMPLETE noob

Indeed, formatting fixes everything. :)

I'm not lazy either, I usually try to find alternative before formatting, I'm not like, OMFG the wallpaper is wrong, time for a format... :P

damn, I could use a format. Can't find the damn recovery CD :angry:

Indeed, formatting fixes everything. :)

I'm not like, OMFG the wallpaper is wrong, time for a format... :P

unless you drop your computer in a well, formating wont do anything for you then

:unsure: that would just be pointless anyway, you'd have to change it after the format , then install all your programs again....

i don't enjoy reinstalling things, way to impatient