Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Westwood Online/Renegade Problem

I haven't been able to connect to WOL through Renegade for about a week now. From the two screen shots below you will see my problem...

renerror1.jpg

That displays then this.....

renerror2.jpg

I've checked all the settings for Renegade, my computer, my firewall program (ZoneAlarm). Reinstalled Renegade but nothing improves it. No use contacting my ISP either because they don't support online gaming services such as WOL.

I searched EA's tech support site to, nothing of any use there.

If it were a problem with WOL being down you would have heard other reports about it by now.

Anyone have any suggestions or seen this problem before?

Yeah it still doesn't work, 2 weeks and counting now. :cry:

I posted my problem at http://www.renegadeforums.com but I didn't get much help :(

I did do a search of those forums and found that this problem has affected other people but I found nothing to help me fix it. It seems to be strange bug that effects WOL.

What I find hard to understand is the fact that WOL/Renegade Online has worked problem free for me since I started playing Renegade online back in April 2002 and now its decided to crap out on me :confused:

you got a firewall sonic i got this problem when trying to join games some times it said "connection timed out" and i dissabled my firewall and it usualy worked but not all the times my wol is workin fine though :?

Well i can get on with renegade at the moment so it aint wwol, maybe it could be your DSL server. Its happened to me before my DSL ic went down and i could only surf the web. All the wwol servers didnt work for about a month.

And yeh it could be a firewall if youve got one, but if aint aint affected your gaming before then i dunno.

I know how it feels when you cant get on your favorite game :(

so you ant alone!

ill look out for anything that might help you out, but i dont know nothing at the moment....

Could be a changed setting in the firewall, though that would be a bit strange all of a sudden.

Have you used XWIS to play RA2/YR recently?

maybe it could be your DSL server

I'm not using DSL, just dail up.

Could be a changed setting in the firewall, though that would be a bit strange all of a sudden.

Have you used XWIS to play RA2/YR recently?

No, I've never used that at all.

I've also installed Renegade on another computer and tried getting online and I got the same problem so that would have to rule out the idea of it being my own computer.

It has to be some screwed up bug with WOL. Do I dare (or even bother) e-mailing EA Tech Support? :worried::look:

Wierd i can get on, and from the looks of things online so can alot of other people :confused:

hmmmmm...............

As i said before, if i find anything out ill tell you. :)

Guest K.S.T_RimTech

i may not be a modder... but i build computers, i've had the same problem its your connection.After u reinstalled renegade did u restart your computer???? and did u do the AUTO UPDATE??????? that should fix the problem

Why don't ya sign up as a different person...

That won't help because I need to be able to connect to WOL to enter a new username and password.

This problem has effected other people. I searched the forums at http://www.renegadeforums.com and found that other people reported the same bug, can't connect then operation timed out. I tried all the suggestions posted in the topics But nothing worked.

What I need is for someone who lives New Zealand to check and see if they can connect to WOL, then I can find out if its something to do with my ISP.

Well is now been about 1 month since my Renegade stopped working online. Damn I miss playing this game :(

The stink thing is I'm no closer to solving this problem than I was a month ago :x

Do you have a friend who lives near you who plays Renegade online?

No one that lives close to me. Like I said before I need someone who lives New Zealand who uses a different ISP to check and see if they can connect to WOL, then I can find out if its something to do with my ISP.

Oh, well i dont know that much about ISP's in New Zealand...

But when i had 56k i never had as many problems as i did when i got dsl!

Yo Sonic what ISP are you with?

Loyal Ihug customer since 1998 :wink:

Guest TwA_Swords

Hi, I'm TwA_Swords, anyways whilst surfing I came across your forums.

As far as I know as of April USA WOL is offline. Eta on the fix is still unknown. I don't know what happened. Dunno bout' Europe or Pacific Servers.

(Edit) as of 2:34 US Mountian Time it whent back up

I had exactly the same problem.....

Guess what I did...........................

Use GameSpy...............................

What else?

Now i can play!

LOL.

DO IT YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!

ARGH........WOL...........not...........great................must...........

use..................gamespy.........must...........not..........resist!

RAVESHAW LIVES

I have to agree Raveshaw is my favorite inf unit.....

Can someone tell me how many Renegade servers there are on GameSpy?