Sign in to follow this  
Azrael

Best Anime Of All Time

Well, just post what you think is the best Anime of all time... Taking into consideration the graphics, story, music, EVERY FACTOR. New Animes can be included; you can even post a Top 5. If you want, series can also be considered.

For me...

1. Ruruoni Kenshin (a.k.a. Samurai X) - Excellent Anime, with characters worth caring about, as well as excellent animations (especially for its time) and a nice music score (but it can be repetitive).

2. Mobile Suit Gundam Metaseries - One of the longest-running metaseries (just like Macross). Although I hate SEED, SEED Destiny and Turn A Gundam with a passion, I love every other rendition, especially Double 0, Wing (and subsequently Endless Waltz) and X.

3. Afro Samurai - New contender. Very cool, especially the fight scenes and story. Also, its music is unique for an Anime show, as well as its voice actors (seiyuu). Gotta love Samuel L. Jackson's performance!

4. Bleach - Nice, although it wouldn't have made this far in my Top 5 if it weren't for my girl.

5. Fate/Stay Night - A slightly mature show. It's nice, but it doesn't really rock my world.

tough call. i tend to read manga more then watch anime so i haven't got too much experience with actually watching anime... but i'd call cowboy bebop off the top of my head... great show o.o and outlaw star was pretty good too. i'd like to see fruits basket and ghost hunt as the manga's are great and i've heard good things about them. dragonball was sweet too o.o;

Elfen Lied, Mahoromatic, Chobits, Hanaukyo Maid Team La Verite and my most favourite atm is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!

1) Cowboy Bebop - Most definitely number one. The story and the entire dynamic of the show was amazing through every episode.

2) Trigun - Same as Bebop plus humor.

3) Wordsworth - Technically a hentai but it had a story that rivals most well-done series. It works well enough on its own that the adult scenes aren't even necessary. Besides, what's not epic about awesome sword play?

4) Azumanga Daioh - One reason - Osaka. 'Nuff said.

5) Gunslinger Girl - Lolis and guns. Greatest. Thing. Ever.

you definately have some interesting priorities destiny XD; if we're doing hentai too you gotta throw in urotsukidoji just for the pure classicness... it was the founder of so many hentai themes XD

you definately have some interesting priorities destiny XD; if we're doing hentai too you gotta throw in urotsukidoji just for the pure classicness... it was the founder of so many hentai themes XD

I'm the anti-anime fan... against the norms usually.

Urotsukidoji sucked. I don't mind old school animation but it was just garbage.

I am not an anime fan but I have seen a few episodes of:

- Cowbow Bebop

- Samurai Champloo

- Some anime with this little kid and his parents, not too well drawn but funny

I really can't stand much anime, doesn't appealing to me. But really, I only watch TV for Scrubs + other comedies and movies that happen to be on.

- Some anime with this little kid and his parents, not too well drawn but funny

Ah Shin Chan. Poorly drawn but yeah, hysterical. :P

ah! case closed <3 i never much watched shin chan cos the graphics hurt my head but it was funny. at times anyway o.O

Funniest anime for me would be... Trigun. I laughed my head off with it. But Bleach ain't bad with comedy either.

P.S. Case Closed - Detective Conan here in the Philippines. Just some info. ^_^

i thought it was also called detective conan... i tried searching for that on waterstones and i was like "i know that's the title D= why isn't it finding anything?" until i checked the book and put in case closed xD;

Yeah. I found out about it on Wikipedia; glad it was smart enough to get me to the Case Closed site. Same for Rurouni Kenshin; I searched Samurai X, and got Rurouni Kenshin instead.

ah, the joys of international translation xD same reason i'm waiting until tanoshimi release the negima books... del ray censors and edits them badly o.o also all the ones i've bought so far as tanoshimi so it would look a little odd on my bookcase if i suddenly bought from another seller online xD

Forgot to mention: Neon Genesis Evangelion. Total coolness... Especially Rei Ayanami, and the subsequent psychological themes in it. I also love how it was made... It's story, everything. The only bummer was that the main series' ending was quite confusing... But it was explained in the movie, The End of Evangelion.

P.S. The remake is coming!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuild_of_Evangelion

Gonna find a torrent for this... Still haven't found any legit DVDs here, and I'm soooooooo desperate to watch it...

NGE is the most overrated anime EVER. It's not bad but it's not that ****ing great either.

I liked the Dragonball series better than that. =|

evangelion was kinda warped... the more you watch of the series, the more disturbing it got o.O; the final scenes brought back some nasty flashbacks for me... it was a good series but i can't say i liked it...

Yup, it was inspired by the creator's (Hideki Anno) clinical depression before the series was made (although I assure you, he was normal by the time he began work on the series)... Also... Rebuild seems to be more... Palatable, as you might say, to the ones that weren't big fans of the show. I like it because its mecha was cool (and not common in design), the characters were truly characters (they displayed much vulnerability in the series), and the fact that Rei Ayanami is there. But another fun mecha to watch is Macross... But the one thing I want to see in animation is the Battletech Universe... All those guns, custom variants, factions, wars, etc.... That's gotta be a hot universe! For Dragon Ball, well I loved it... After all, it was my first anime... Followed closely by Ghost Fighter, whaich also pwned... But at the present, they're overshadowed by other anime that have excellent graphics, story, etc.... But they're still fun to watch (I own DVDs, and I watch them, like, once every 2 weeks).

i remember hearing about the depression thing. it makes sense though... and the mecha were hella cool o.o i saw one or two of the macross movies and i think i fell asleep in them. not that it's saying much for the movies but they were shown late at night... so i was a little dozy anyway o.O they just finished me off x3; too complicated. Blue Gender messed me up bigtime. it was so depressing! i have the first three dvd's (like, the first 9 episodes or something) and watched almost the whole series on sci-fi channel when they showed it... but it was so sad... and the little girl getting eaten. i never got over that o.o;

Yah, Macross can be called a mature anime... Very mature. Evangelion would fall in the middle; the Sea of LCL scene in the movie End of Evangelion was one of the most putrid scenes I ever saw (and I've seen Hentai, tentacles and all).

after reading the IMDB page on end of evangelion i'm glad i never watched it >_>; the last couple of episodes of the series were bad enough... i think i'll stick to my happy happy world of love hina, negima and tokyo mew mew ^-^;

read negima too. same artist so it follows a similar "harem" theme :3 just as much fun except there's a lot more characters (30+ easily)