Sign in to follow this  
Azrael

Best Anime Of All Time

name sounds familiar. can't for the life of me remember which anime it is though x3;

Oh god I just finished watching Rozen Maiden, it seriously needs a third season. So many unresolved issues ftl.

@jaSphor: A comic is manga, animated series (whether based on a manga comic or not) is called anime. Hope that clears things up for you.

@Shah: NSN... Hehehehe, you nasty boy... Though it was fun.

Currently, I'm watching Gundam X. Pretty cool, although underappreciated (canceled after 36 episodes or so, because of low ratings)... Next I'll watch Shaman King.

Edited by Azrael

glad someone knows the difference Azrael. and to further elaborate, mangas are generally eastern in the art style... just compare something like princess mononoke and anything disney o.o manga can range from being all out cartoony to extreme detail, but generally most rules hold true... big eyes, small noses and mouths on women, big hair and flash clothes o.o just look up any of the series that have been talked about in this post and compare them to western artwork. (note, WESTERN artwork not western imitations of anime/manga) you'll normally see the differences fairly clearly though there are a few series out there which you really have to look at and study...

though don't think they are so different. both east and west share many details such as fairytale style movies (disney, princess mononoke, laputa and so on) as well as having in depth plots and adult divisions (night shift nurses for example) only difference is that eastern adult material is VERY well established and very broad. thus, hentai (translation means pervert xD) before you venture down that lane happy in your ignorance just remember one thing. a large percentage of hentai is warped beyond belief XD (yet another reason why we love it so ^_^)

anyway... generally it changes from being a comic to a manga when it crosses the east west border but with the idolization of manga in the west many countries are now producing their own homegrown mangas. just go look in your local bookstore. mangas are usually all about the same size (B5 i think) and the size of a good book, whereas comics are usually in newspaper form or graphic novel (A4) form. hope that clears things up a little ^^

I'm too lazy to read mangas, which is why animes are for me! All those cute japanese voice actors and awesome animation really grabs me.

Edited by Louis EX

Armitage the 3rd is good, though.

OVA or the movie?

Either way, that is my favorite, followed by BeBop. Good story development with characters you can care about, and one of the most kick--ass OSTs ever.

i collect mangas... got over 100 to date o.o but i enjoy watching anime (when it's one that pleases me and if i manage to catch it from the start on tv. i could watch it online but when i'm on the pc i'm usually using it y'know?)

i collect mangas... got over 100 to date o.o but i enjoy watching anime (when it's one that pleases me and if i manage to catch it from the start on tv. i could watch it online but when i'm on the pc i'm usually using it y'know?)

well if you happen to have some sort of portable media device (join the iPod cult :P) then you canw atch it on there that's mostly what I do but then again I'm not into it as much as you guys XD

@jaSphor: A comic is manga, animated series (whether based on a manga comic or not) is called anime. Hope that clears things up for you.

hell no, that only confuses me and leads me to annother question,

What defines whether a comic is manga or not?

i already explained that jahspor... in my really long post up there o.O it's all in the art form and layout...

Manga is usually eastern in origin. Most notably, from Japan. The flow of reading is different from traditional comic books, just as Mina Synd elaborated. Story depth is also a major factor; before, I read Walt Disney comic books, and one thing I notice is that those comic books are less focused on one story; and no story goes longer than an entire issue. Mangas, on the other hand, span up to hundreds of issues tackling only one arc.

Etc., etc., another (less difficult term) is that comics are very, VERY simple, and offer little to no fun as you grow older. Mangas are intelligent story telling devices, with lots of plot twists, etc., and often challenge the reader's mind (i.e. Neon Genesis Evangelion). In short, comics are for kids, mangas are for (intelligent) mature people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga

Not true, Az. There are several varying styles of mangas that appeal to, and are targeted at, different age groups. You have plenty of mangas geared for children like Pokemon and CCS. Manga is not mutually exclusive to any age group, just like American and Western comics.

Yeoch. Sorry for that error. Wasn't thinking; I stand corrected. ^_^

none the less the stuff i said stands still o.O

Nobody ever said otherwise. I merely pointing out a fallacy in Az's statements. ;)

Hehehehe. I'm the one being corrected, remember?

i know >>; but everyone is so insistant that i'm wrong all the time. i just wanna prove i'm not for once ^-^

For me its

1. Violet Evergarden

2. Yuru Camp

3. Kimetsu no Yaiba

4. Dr. STONE

5. Love is War

Oh, 

Forget about long running anime's they're just too common/popular

Watch some anime to satisfy you not to bore you 

You necroposted this from 2008. Don't do that.