This thread will have loads of spoilers, so you have been warned.

So, what did you guys think of the SP storyline. I wasn't all that impressed with the First act or the second act. Though I did like the addition of the Betrayal of Killian. I was kinda surprised that at the end of that act, Kane almost seemed "bad" about having executed Killian after he found out the truth. Maybe hes getting soft in old age. haha.

As for the last part of Act III, it was interesting, but I would have wanted to know a bit more about the downfall of Nod. And what happened to Alexis, though I imagine that is self explanatory really. But regardless, Scrin invasion round 2, here we come.

I'll post a translation of the final words from that bit later, I have to go find them again.

The end movie was short. Way too short.

Yeah that is another ANNOYING thing about TW and KW, they don't have any real sense of closure, those final clips are so ****ing annoying. Why can't they just have a nice happy ending or whatever. Like they did in FS with the defeat of Cabal and the reunification of Nod. Sure they had the Kane bit, but the rest was good. The best ending thus far I felt was for Nod in TS though. THAT was cool. : The GDI ending for TS was kinda corny, but at least it wrapped everything up in a nicely wrapped present.

KW and TW, feel like when you open a box, and then there is a box inside, so you open that box and you keep going and going. Like its never going to end.

Edited by Luk3us

Yeah that is another ANNOYING thing about TW and KW, they don't have any real sense of closure, those final clips are so ****ing annoying. Why can't they just have a nice happy ending or whatever. Like they did in FS with the defeat of Cabal and the reunification of Nod. Sure they had the Kane bit, but the rest was good. The best ending thus far I felt was for Nod in TS though. THAT was cool. : The GDI ending for TS was kinda corny, but at least it wrapped everything up in a nicely wrapped present.

Yeah, the Nod TS ending had a real nice animation to it :)

The ending needs to be more than "you did good, goal achieved, kthxbai".

KW and TW, feel like when you open a box, and then there is a box inside, so you open that box and you keep going and going. Like its never going to end.

Looks like you have the fail edition ;)

I wonder: Might there be a second addon this time? I mean after all: The Scrin ending in TW was compeltely open ending and this ending too.

However, somehow both might have some sort of connection...

Also: What I wonder even more is what Legion has exactly to do with the Scrin - I mean it seems like it is some sort of Scrin AI or something like this (to be exact I started to wonder already before the end as it was more or less obviously after some mission that Legion had something to do with them).

Futhermore, I also wonder how exactly Legion and CABAL are connected (and how CABAL even survived that far), not to mention that CABALs original purpose probably was the same as Legion's, however it was not finished at that time. What I also wonder is about the last Nod sequence in Tiberian Sun: Firestorm with CABAL and the Kane Clones, might those clones have been the Marked of Kane? And if so CABAL at that time might already has been Legion..?

If there won't be a second addon I wonder when C&C4 will come out....

EDIT:

Btw. there is one part in the mission I think that is kinda strange. The one where you get the Redeemer to counter the M.A.R.V.

I mean you need about some minutes to upload the data but once you uploaded it you immediately get the Redeemer plans and therefore the possibility to build it.

I mean: How could those guys have been that fast to create the plans for the Redeemer?

Edited by ghost_zero

I havn't played C&C3 KW yet but maybe Nod used the plans of the CABAL Core Defender to create the Redeemer. They are quite like each other anyways.

Well the point is that you first capture the plans for the MARV to create an anti-measure for that weapon. And you get that plan shortly after the upload is complete which took a few minutes, so that is kinda strange though... Even if they would have used the plans from CABAL Core Defender...

Yeah - perhaps a better plan was a countdown mission against the MARV (which you can't kill) to defend the upload of info, and then next mission is revenge with your new Redeemer.

That would have been better.

Yeah I thought that mission was a bit iffy. I mean design an entirely new battle unit completely ready for deployment in less than 10 minutes? haha.

lol, they can do stuff so quickly nowadays XD

Here is a quick question... Why does have Kane have Scrin characters on his cloak in the third act? Hmm...

post7670412076598725a09fq2.jpg

Edited by Luk3us

By the looks of the picture it's being projected on him by the screen in front of him.

I haven't got KW yet so I can't say much else

Edited by BioBen

No not those little things, the actual characters on his cloak in black. On the purple part.

But yeah when you get KW you'll know what I mean.

Oh yeah, I see it now. meh it's just some more loose ends for the next game

Wasn't Kane supposed to go to one of those ALIEN TOWERS in the end of CnC3? And now Noddies are suddenly destroyed and then the player plays as a weirdo Computer Assisted Biologically augmented computer screen...and then TACITUS was stuck into my mouth?!?! And then I flew over the universe with huge knowledge about everything...I hope the next game will have a storyline of somekind.

Tiberian Sun campaings were the most awesome ever! And I really miss the Tiberian Sun Athmosphere and Hi-Tech stuff. I mean cnc3 is like a polished Tiberian Dawn.

Dude, that's gotta do with you, LEGION. You're seeing scrin signs (like in the end), because you're (partially) of scrin origin. At least that's what I think...

I was disappointed that I was able to recover the tacitus from Zocom at the end of Act 2, yet I have to recover it again in Act 3.

Maybe an explanation of how we lost the tacitus (again) would have helped.

I didn't like that they just showed Kane remove his mask, as if it was just something he wore because it was high-fashion at the time. They didn't explain why he had it in the first place, why he could remove it, why he didn't remove it earlier, and why he thought it was so damn funny to take if off.

There was a lot of things they showed, but they didn't explain the things you wanted to know.

This is another thing that bug me:

Heads up people, Slavik is coming back!! BUY THE GAME!!

YAY!! WE <3 SLAVIK!! EA RULES!!

But all we got was this:

He killed my successor, Anton Slavik.

Note that it took 3 seconds for Kane to say that.

Ooo, what a universe tie in.

I don't actually 'know' any answers, but my preception of the storyline didn't leave me as confused as you all sound, so maybe I just understood what it was trying to say.

Why does have Kane have Scrin characters on his cloak in the third act?

Because he was about to go into the Scrin's tower which was a wormhole back to their world. Kane was going to the Scrin's planet, and he saw them as superiors, not enemies, he only fought them on Earth because their goal opposed his. My guess as to the specific answer to your question would be one or both of:

1) Kane was playing ambassidor between Nod and Scrin and wanted to appear friendly to them by wearing their language,

2) Kane thought the Scrin were a better species than our own and so adopted their language.

I didn't like that they just showed Kane remove his mask, as if it was just something he wore because it was high-fashion at the time. They didn't explain why he had it in the first place, why he could remove it, why he didn't remove it earlier, and why he thought it was so damn funny to take if off.

I gathered that Kane's mask was deception. He wanted people to believe that he had been seriously injured under it, when in reality, it never covered anything. Thus, removing it was a shock to everyone he had tricked.

I was disappointed that I was able to recover the tacitus from Zocom at the end of Act 2, yet I have to recover it again in Act 3.

Kane's Wrath was not all taking place after TW, it covered all three wars. The Tacitus was stolen back by GDI between the two acts during the time of Tiberian Sun and Firestorm.

I mean design an entirely new battle unit completely ready for deployment in less than 10 minutes?

lol, they can do stuff so quickly nowadays XD

I don't really have an answer to this except that, did you ever check the build time requirements on your base buildings? 10 minutes is a long time! :lol:

It was an effort but i also think that the bridging from FS to TW is abit too short and rushed...

I thought Kane was really scarred by the Ion Cannon at the end of C&C? That's why he wore the mask in TS? Somehow, he got regeneration powers and fully healed in TW?

LoL, I agree that it's not realistic for Nod to design a countermeasure in just 10 minutes real time...

I gathered that Kane's mask was deception. He wanted people to believe that he had been seriously injured under it, when in reality, it never covered anything. Thus, removing it was a shock to everyone he had tricked.

If you remember back to Tiberian Sun. Kane had doctored all of his speeches so it appeared that he didn't have any metal plate on his face. When you actually see him with the plate and considerable scarring to his face on TS it's when he is by himself without anyone else around. In TS he was hiding that he had actually been seriously injured!!! And now in KW he just freely seen with plate (and no scarring???) in front of everyone? uhh god damn EA are retarded.

Ok, I'll try this again.

My memory of TS is a little hazy because I played FS a lot more than it.

Kane actually was injured and tried to act fine for GDI's sake, but Nod would inevitably know the truth. Then Kane heals himself mysteriously (maybe this part of the storyline is meant to remain unanswered for now, like FS's Nod ending). Nod assumes he is still hurt, and he whips of the mask to reveal, ah ha! he is not! Kane Lives! Bow before the almighty prophet that even GDI can't best!

Personally, I think those cloney thingies in the FS ending play an important, yet very undermentioned role in this all.

Ok, I'll try this again.

My memory of TS is a little hazy because I played FS a lot more than it.

Kane actually was injured and tried to act fine for GDI's sake, but Nod would inevitably know the truth. Then Kane heals himself mysteriously (maybe this part of the storyline is meant to remain unanswered for now, like FS's Nod ending). Nod assumes he is still hurt, and he whips of the mask to reveal, ah ha! he is not! Kane Lives! Bow before the almighty prophet that even GDI can't best!

Personally, I think those cloney thingies in the FS ending play an important, yet very undermentioned role in this all.

you really need to play through tiberian sun again, or at the very least look at the videos for each mission on you tube, rather then posting your interpretation of someone you yourself admit to barely being able to remember.