Sign in to follow this  
Guest zeph

"Request denied" on LAN game, IPX is installed

Guest zeph

I got 2 computers and want to play YR in LAN. I have installed IPX on both computers and got a different CD-Key on them.

On the Options->Network I got 4 adresses listed, one starting on 12 and 3 starting on 0.

How do I find out which card I use?

I get internet from a cable, into a router, and both computers are connected to that router.

When I host a game on one of the machines, it wont show on the other and when I host on the 2nd machine I get this error when I try to join from the 1st one: "Request denied". This happens both with YR1.1 and BOP. Both games got newest patch.

Anyone got a reasonable answer?

look i dont know why anyone has any problems running C&C games on networks mine works fine on all four of my computers on ra2 and yr.

Im using ethernet through a network hub and have two copies of ra2 and four copies of yuris revenge.

What i do to ensure no confusion between setups is uninstall the game and reinstall it (including YR), setup the hardware (ethernet cards) using the drivers (many motherboards nowdays have onboard fast ethernet adapters) supplied with the cards, set up the ipx compatible protocols on all computers (make sure all the computers adapters, protocols and clients are the same) and run the game and it should be fine...........

This should work if all the computers have the same Operating System and are on the same workgroup i.e. MSHOME the default workgroup

I have an inter-OS setup (XP home and 98SE) and it works fine, although I did need some help getting it working initally.

I didnt say that it wouldnt work but that it may require more things to get it to work.

for example: if your usig XP u must run an XP network disk on the computers that are on the downgraded operating system.