Sonic

Your Kane's Wrath Feedback

kw_feedback_news.jpg

In this thread I'm calling on you to post up your feedback about Kane's Wrath. A short (or long) review if you want to write one.
  • Post your Pro’s and Con’s
  • Rate Kane’s Wrath on a scale of 1-10 where a 10 = LOVE Kane’s Wrath, and a 1 = Terrible. You can use in-betweens like 8.2, 8.5, etc....
  • Give as much detail as you can or as much as you feel is necessary, but get your point across.
I will be mentioning this thread to APOC, as you know its difficult for him to get everywhere around the community, so this thread (if people reply) should help.

This is a good idea... I was thinking of doing one anyway.

But I'm concerned that APOC will die of heart failure from a concentrated burst of negativity.

It's like you've started a HATE-EA-RANT thread Sonic!

:)

Hmm... Overall I'd give it a 7.5

Pros: Loads of new content, factions, maps support powers etc.

Cons: Average Cinematics (Read: Natasha totally sucks that it was hard to watch.), and Singe player Campaign along with a poorly developed Global Conquest mode.

I like the game overall, I haven't played much online, not much time, but it seems pretty decent online. The epic units are actually cool to use and not just a novelty. SP really dropped the ball on this one in my opinion could have been much better.

Overall: 7

Pros: New support powers, units, and a good campaign.

Cons: A terrible Global Conquest mode. That and matches aren't really that interesting anymore.

I hear quite some negative stuff about the campaign and acting, but I think they've improved a lot over C&C3. While the subfactions are diverse, some miss essential parts of the basic army, while having OP units in return. This will probably be tweaked a little in future patches, but for online gameplay, I'd much rather have TW tbh.

i had posted my personal review over the Official forums but i will repost it here, so sorry for the long post people.

edit: about the cinematics,Natasha was "hard" to watch not because she wasnt that realistic actor, compared to others she was really good, the problem is tha she was undressed ALOT and i could focus on the tasks, i had to watch the video 2-3 times to avoid looking at her nice ******.

she is sexy Ok, true, BUT in videogames like C&C and especially Tiberium universe you need to be more "serious" like SIX that was sexy but didnt distruct you...

just an advice to E.A undress women in Red Alert not in Tiberium ;)

942784_20080328_embed002.jpg

EDIT: its extreamly sad that EA drops so Amazing ideas for the U.I like those, if those was polished into the C&C3 OMG it would be Fracking perfect and so uniqe vs other titles!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfVC-227HK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0207VYMd44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXbgtJtP20c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWYOu1YyVg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmOHzZIu8w0

Some good words for E. A.L.A and this expansion

Posted:Apr 7, 2008 10:16 PM Reply Alert

Prologue:

After few weeks I just finished the Single Player Campaign (I was busy at work)

I am not a “professional” player but I am playing C&C since its birth even before, With Dune 2, and as a software engineer and IT with not much free time I look a game from other perspectives also.

Main article:

With KW I have played many skirmishes and lots of Multiplayer games with my friends only in LAN.

I have played almost every real time strategy game ever created.

Many of you now that I am running the database that collects C&C bugs in order to make those games more polished with the help of Nukewave E.A and you.

My point? I know there are lots of “glitches” and I am referring into in game bugs and not those annoying “D3D”, “.DAT” or “ synch” errors many of you get.i don’t refer to those just because (forgive me for my “bad” language) but most of you Most, not all of you, have no idea how to run a PC and maintain it and keep it running at maximum performance for months! In most of your cases the words “Drivers, scandisk, antivirus, antispyware, defragment, bios, directx, installing, patching, firewall, port forward, router” are Unknown Words to you and the only thing you know its to start blame E.A.L.A team and the Community’s representers, and Generally Everyone else Except your selves! You are always sure that you have done everything 10000% right and you know everything and that when you double click everything should be working perfect in your PC, just because it’s yours!

Well I have news for you, “it doesn’t work that way”

But lets get back to the main point, Kane’s Wrath expansion impressions.

I am sure many skeptics from you will agree with me, that if we fixes all those (annoying and easy detectable and foolish due to time pressure, I agree)in game small bugs, the Game ROCKS!

And I Really mean it, not because I want to achieve anything from e.a.l.a , I criticize them sometimes hard , yes, But I cant help thinking that if you close your eyes to those glitches and imagine that everything will work soon (in the next patches) like it was designed to do, then you will see what I see. A great very balanced game, maybe the best they made so far.

Why?am i sick?no! Let me explain:

1) The visuals / animation are really, really cool, and “light” at the same time compared to other rts (SupComm, AOE 3 etc), and I am talking having a reasonable number of units, not 1000 tanks and expect to have 30FPS solid with Geforce 5, lets be realistic

2) the sound effects was improved a lot, units sound more unique and the soundtracks (especially in the credits) was really well remixed, and gives you energy for combat and sometimes, has something so sad that line’s up with the story amazingly. its a war after all, nothing to be happy about!

3) The campaign is feeled with strategy, and tactical objectives that I am sure that made you at least to load a previous save because you failed!e? That is great, not to fail all the time, but I was amazed that even in easy the campaigns are not for newbie’s and where made so you had a challenge!

4) The story was very attractive, I cant say much I don’t want to spoil anything, but I have a huge imagination, and they way they though they will change your role into the story, was something I didn’t imagine! I liked that, but I wish the where 3-4 campaigns more for the other sides too. despite that you learn the other side new units during the campaign so that’s not so bad. In fact you learn your self how to counter them in LAN from the beginning.

5) As about the most important of all the Gameplay….i think its really Great, its still Fast, Fluid, and certainly Fun to play, but not for kids or hilarious like Red Alert 2+ series.its dark and heavy and exactly how the Tiberium Universe should Be! But the most important if I am not mistaken every single Unite has its Counter attack unit! Tank rush was reduced very much, we don’t whant to get rid of it completly, stategy is more importand now than evern, but at the same time you can have fun at late game with lots of units and super weapons as you should do. If you want something even more strategic and More balanced, get a chess!counter units is the basic to make a balanced game, and now we have them.

Before you start welling about 3”that kind tanks” vs 2”those kind infantry” is not balanced, I am not referring to the Mathematical side! I don’t really care at the moment if the flame should do 1% more or the Tank bullet 5% less damage and that building should be cheaper -3,46% bla bla bla…and stuff like those that many of you are crying like babies days now!

Relax all those small issues that doesn’t work as was designed to be, Will be soon fixed! But then again nobody will be happy! we cant have all of you happy sorry guys.

Conclusion:

I had to share my thoughts with you just to help some of you who haven’t already understand that we need to “ seat back and see the larger picture” of this game and not the detail errors.

An other reason I post that its because I was tired of all the flames in the last weeks topics, only complains, swearing and insulting people, made me sick and sad!

Many of you react like you are watching football, you give orders and swear the players because for you they are useless, and incapable of playing soccer, and that if you where in there position you will be the best!

In my country we have a “dictum” for that: “outside the stage, you sing many songs…! ” 

Yes I agree details are making the difference, sure 100% with you, and that’s what E.ALA is about to do now, get there “beep” down and finalize those details.

But the afford made for this game it worth’s the money and I hope we will see more and even better games in C&C from E.A.L.A out there.

So Thanks E.A.L.A team for this great expansion and Thank YOU for reading this.

+ Correct number of new units & new abilities, counter attacks, storyline, visuals,audio effects details(you have a uniqe sound effect, even if your base is underpower,(try it build all major starctures and underpower your base close up (zoom in) listen the ambient sounds! i love that kind of details), also fan, Re-playability... and Finalle that gives us hopes for an other expansion.

- early version has bugs that make the title look not polished and cause conflicts in few specific hardwares, World builder is still not that user friendly, Hard to learn and harder to master and incompatible with the Tiberium Wars maps, pure - hard moding....KW SDK will not support TW SDK :(

i am sure future patches (if not allready) will adress the major ones.(pc are not consoles after all ;) )

My Score: 8.5/10

Regards

Johnnyxp64

Now this is a very nice Trilogy dont you agree?

twbox.jpgkwbox.jpgtpbox.jpg*

*its fan art, dont panic its not official :P

Edited by Johnnyxp64

I am ****** because Kane's Wrath EADM version does not have Worldbuilder for Kane's Wrath.

i liked the game but it was short and i wish you could watch the videos in the top right corner in the video watcher thing like the robots coming out of the ground and also i wish it had the video like in tiberian sun when you lost or won the video would change

Kane's Wrath earns a score of 8/10.

NOTE TO ALL WHO READ. I might be the realist being, petition loving critic among this forum site and my Cons might outweigh my Pro, but to let you know here and now, Kane's Wrath is a game I will play over and over for many hours to come.

Pros>

*Diverse play with subfactions

*great storyline (compared to previous C&C titles, I dont give a crap if the acting is poor as long as there is a storyline)

*new units, both the returning and the new

*Kane is the ultimate strategist!

Cons (And Im Very Sorry :( )

GAME OVERALL:

*Steel Talons need a boost as the Scrin can decimate them with ease. Repair units wont repair when told to.

*Certain unit skins are warping all over the map (Cultist, Deploying Epic Units, Dying Epic Units, Nod Commando when dying)

CAMPAIGN:

*Campaign had its dissapointments units would appear in locations that were previously secured just to stop a Victory and I HATED a certain mission where you have no control after a certain objective was completed (sorry no spoilers from me)

*Repetition of multiplayer maps got on to me a little.

GLOBAL CONQUEST

*Scrin need a boost on Global Conquest as they tend to lose very easily

*Global Conquest needs on and off abilities (turn off the secondary victory modes so i can kill all the bases w/o worrying about cities)

*It would be nice if EA could upload actual city maps instead of the same few skirmish maps.

Overall:

KW is a game that needs patchin fast, gameplay will keep me on for hours and hours (especially with Global Conquest), but I think the Subfactions need unique structures and units as ZH had with its subfactions.

I will probably update this but...later.

Update: Told YA

I like the *unofficial expansion Johnnyxp64. LOL

Edited by TheRoadToDawn