Sonic

CNCNZ.com Reviews Kane's Wrath

If you only read one review for Kane's Wrath make it this one. Forget the what the big gaming sites say about Kane's Wrath. Read CNCNZ.com's very own review, written by Saracen, for our final verdict on this new expansion pack for Command & Conquer 3.

kw_review.jpg

Click here or on the image above to read the full review and to find out our overall score.

A well written and fair review.

I must say I'm surprised thou! I never would of expected such a positive review on an EA C&C game from Saracen a few months ago!

Forget the what the big gaming sites say

only need this edited, else perfect :)

I must say I'm surprised thou! I never would of expected such a positive review on an EA C&C game from Saracen a few months ago!

Hah! I've had a few e-mails asking if I was actually honest about this review. Truthfully, I was...

While I don't get much time to play games recently.. I managed to pack in a huge amount of time into Kane's Wrath, and enjoyed every minute of it. The game was harder, less forgiving, and it required a lot more aggression to pull it through.... I thought that it was great! The final mission definately gets my thumbs up... play that on hard difficulty and enjoy :P

It is ironic though I will admit... but I gave C&C 3 a spin this evening. And while I'll say I'm a little more receptive of it, I can see why I didn't enjoy the game at all.... But while that's a bygone, you notice a certain polish and a much more satisfying quality to Kane's Wrath. In a nutshell, it's more what C&C 3 should have been.. and I think if the original game had these qualities, and improved on the initial story... I probably could have given C&C 3 a 92%.... And that's being dead honest.

Oh I agree with you 100% there... Without a doubt Kane's Wrath was definitely everything CnC3 should of been.

Wow, first I'm getting back my rig with a 9600GT, and now Saracen giving an EA expansion 89%. What could one want more?

Nice review.

KW really was a good improvement on C&C3. Its a pitty it took an expansion pack for us to get the real deal. :)

Now after KW only few things remains in C&C universe that should be explained, that's what's happened with tiberium flora and fauna and how tiberium evolved.

P.S.

They need to add more mutants (The Forgotten) in the mix.

Edited by mirza044

Now after KW only few things remains in C&C universe that should be explained, that's what's happened with tiberium flora and fauna and how tiberium evolved.

P.S.

They need to add more mutants (The Forgotten) in the mix.

Exactly. Exactly... exactly.

The king has returned.

<grin>

Most appropriate comment so far.

I enjoyed C&C3, but was dissapointed with KW.

It didn't live up to my expectations... I'll explain when I get around to my review.

My complaints are more to do with the fiction... the multi-decade thing was ambitious - but didn't work for me.

Still this review is well written, and a credit to cncnz.com - and truthfully the ONE review I have been waiting for.

was dissappointed aswell about KW; the countries on the 'risk'map should have more been fleshed out and the cities aswell should have be named. There was no borders of countries on the risk map.It was so pale in comparision with the maps shown in c&c 3 campaign maps where you can see where the missions took place.Also you had only nod's view on the missions and you should have had more missions just to see the viewpoint of the others.Ok it is based over a lot of history of c&c universe but still. I got still stuck on last map (13 mission) where you have to capture the tacitus from gdi's base. The problem with the map were the timelimits