Luk3us

Superweapons

So in previous games there were two superweapons available to each side. One being the generic, point and click kill weapon. And the far more useful and tactical superweapon.

Now, since RA3 is meant to be all uber l33t and such, I hope they keep this same system. Though they can of course change up and tweak the smaller superweapons. But there was nothing better than chronosphering a few prism tanks into the middle of an enemy's base. Or ion currenting a few demo trucks. Fun times.

So what do you peoples think?

Or ion currenting a few demo trucks.

Hey n00b, it's "Iron Curtain a few demo trucks"... Tut, call yourself a C&C fan! ;)

Well obviously we're gonna have the Chronosphere and Iron Curtain back. This is staple lore in the Red Alert Universe. So, I wouldn't worry about that. But since Prism tech is out of the game, we're not gonna be using chrono tech to transport those "OP tanks" in RA3.

I believe the soviets have got that Act of War satellite drop superweapon, and the Allies will have a particle cannon. But whether that will work like the Generals Version or be more like the classic Ion Cannon, we'll have to see.

Really that leaves the Japs. So let's steer the topic in this direction and guess what superweapons and strats would suit the japs.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but we might as well work it this way ;)

this sucks chrono enemy tanks into water in ra2 was cool but now they will just float because there boats to

That's not true actually... Each side only has a couple of amphibious units each.. So that really isn't an issue... The only real issue would be if EA decide to disable chronosphering land units to water and Vice Versa (because of "so-called" balancing and exploits with amphibs)... But I like to think that as being extremely unlikely.. although it is a possible issue to arise in the future if the game is designed incorrectly... But hey, fixing stuff like that is what the Beta is for! ;)

I would like it actually if boats transported onto land, DON'T explode, but take some damage, from dropping on land. And just sit there but still usable. That would be cool. So you could for example, drop a battleship in front of your enemy's base and blast the hell of it. :D haha

i don't think EA are smart enough to think of that xD; it'll just go boom. anyway i'm hoping japan will have death rays. i've spoken about it before and i still hold strong there. it would be an awesome superweapon o.o and they were also developing nukes in WW2 (though they put it off for the death rays) so maybe we'll have those o.O or maybe some kind of unit drop power like in C&C3... drop half a dozen mechs in the enemy base. may be a lot of outcry about it but it seems pretty likely after the previous game o.o

I still missed the Nuke...

ah well ;.; maybe they'll bring it back. hope and pray :3

Well I'm unimpressed by the vacuum bomb seen in the gameplay trailer. Here's some randomness...

- It's a bit left field but how about a nano-virus-bomb for the Japanese... I guess it could work as a quasi mind control gameplay mechanic?

- What about a secondary superweapon - 'the rising sun' where the Japanese faction launches a 'flare' that temporarily blinds the enemy player for 30s... ie. replacing the game screen with white fuzz.

What about a secondary superweapon - 'the rising sun' where the Japanese faction launches a 'flare' that temporarily blinds the enemy player for 30s... ie. replacing the game screen with white fuzz.

That sounds more like a support power.

An OP support power at that. Entire bases could be killed in 30 seconds. :P

that would be a pretty evil power o.o; that would be the first game power to literally render you powerless... it would panic a lot of players, me included...

5 - 10 seconds should be an absolute max....

hmm the flare duration could be adjusted, but the idea would be to lose manual control of your units for the time periods, but they could return fire or something or act normally in guard mode. It really just affects you... the extension of it is as you scroll the map around the screen fades to white, so that the flare is focused on a specific area... like a flashbang.

that that sounds a little better. if it were the whole map it would be very frustrating. but not affecting your units and only a certain area is alright o.o just have to remember to team all your units then you go out of the affected area and move everything out xD

any one seen the RA3 trailor if yes you will have noticed the unusual nuck that just sucks in all the units to the middile

what is that?

THX 4 the Note,

BTW what do u think the Empire of the rising sun will be :unsure:

Everything you need to know is in Red Alert 3 homepage www.redalert3.com

They will be, but not yet. =P

The Allied Particle Cannon + Chronosphere and the Soviet Vacuum Bomb (which is a nuke, really. Same mushroom cloud ;) ) + Iron Curtain are pretty much confirmed. Someone said something about a Gravity Cannon, so apparently that's for the Empire.