Sign in to follow this  
JahSpoR

So the 360 it is!

First I wanted a PS3 after I played one at a store.

But now when Iv'e seen how the 360 works, I am really considering what I should buy.

Money is not the problem, But wich is best? (graphics wise and speed wise)

And hell no Im not getting a wii.

Edited by JahSpoR

Get a Wii.

Since you're not going to, PS3 is the best performance-wise.

Game-wise? Xbox.

If money is not an issue get both consoles.

360, by far. Pound for pound, it's the best system out right now. It has the best Power for price ratio, and it has the best selection of games.

If money is not an issue get both consoles.

I don't need both. I need the best.

Get a Wii. Plain and simple.

wii is for children.

360, by far. Pound for pound, it's the best system out right now. It has the best Power for price ratio, and it has the best selection of games.

yes indeed. Think im going for the Elite.

Get a PC! :P Oh, wait wrong thread.

wii is for children.

There is no "best". If you find both fun, what's bad about that?

Also if you believe Wii is just for children you're a freaking fanboy. yawn.

Please, the Wii gets all the stupid games. Name me one decent game that the Wii has.

Oh well then get a 360, best overall cost/performance/game selection etc....

There are pros and cons to both the 360 and PS3 so its really down to the games I think.

Please, the Wii gets all the stupid games. Name me one decent game that the Wii has.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Guitar Hero III :P

Edited by Louis EX

PS3 Pros:

• System is More powerful
  • no points,everything is priced in the online shop
  • constant firmware updates improve the console continuously
  • All multiplayer is free to play, no subscription rubbish
  • Backwards Compatibility is extremely strong for both PS1 and PS2 titles
  • Cheap Blu-Ray Player
  • The US military have bought thousands
  • Unlike the 360, the console isn't at risk of bricking due to poor design

PS3 Cons

• Limited titles cos developers struggle to code for it
  • Furthermore those that can, can't utilise the power of the PS3
  • Exclusive titles range is still non existant or at very least limited
  • PS3 uses Gamespy for it's MP and at times it can be shaky
  • Sony thinks that the PS3 has the same level of popularity as the PS2

360 Pros

• Enough Games to shake a stick at
  • Halo 3 - (if you like that sort of mindless fun from a mediocre at best FPS)
  • Supported by a heavy frat boy demographic, because aparently 360's are cool
  • Live service is reliable (unless it's on the PC then it's a load of crap)
  • Game Pad is more ergonomically suited and comfortable to play with than Sony's
  • You've got an expensive paperweight to hold down those papers in the wind if it bricks
  • You can add your own music to most games if in-game music gets crap

360 Cons

• There's a risk it's gonna brick at some point in its lifetime
  • Microsoft Points for the marketplace seem pointless, and you even have to use them to download stuff like Trailers
  • It is a Microsoft Product
  • Needs about 6 extra accessories to match the functionality and price of the PS3
  • HD-DVD is dead!
  • You need to pay more money to upgrade to a gold Live account if you want the same functionality you get for free on any platform ever created

You make that list yourself? Its pretty good.

PS3 is getting a few exclusives soon, its just taking forever. :(

Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Guitar Hero III :P

No fail, they both suck. The first is just a big serious of WTFnes, and the second is just turning everyone into "pro rock gods" Which is annoying to say the least.

Edited by Luk3us

360 Cons
  • Microsoft Points for the marketplace seem pointless, and you even have to use them to download stuff like Trailers

That is incorrect, trailers (as well game demos) are free to download from the Xbox LIVE marketplace. This the same for Silver Accounts or Gold Accounts.

Saracen, why do many of your 360 "pros" poke fun at the console overall?

I knew this thread would degenerate into a fan boy Xbox 360 VS PS3 war :rolleyes:

A friend of mine asked me shortly before the release of Halo 3 why did I buy a 360. The answer is basically this. Back in March 2006 it was the best console available with the line up of games and best line up on up coming games. And to this day it remains that way. But yeah the PS3 has its share of great looking games coming soon. MGS4 looks awesome.

If it was the PS3 being released back March 2006 I would have purchased that console.

So in the end, JahSpoR, get the console that appeals the most to you, don't let other people make the choice for you.

wii is for children.

So Manhunt 2 is for kids? Yeah, do some research you misinformed ****.

No it doesn't. Brawl > everything you own. Hands down the best fighter you will ever play.

And don't forget Twilight Princess, the rest of the franchise games like Mario Galaxy and of course Metroid Prime 3 is just epic win.

You mention the word Mario, and you lose credibility, no one can possibly like that money grubbing series. LET IT DIE FFS!!!

Simply because it appeals to more than thick-headed ***** like half of this forum doesn't mean it's a bad game. Pull your head out of your ass for a ****ing change, Luk3us. Jesus H Christ.

I'll go with DD on this one.... At least it isn't Sonic the hedgehog, which went crap the moment that went to 3D... The irony is in fact that one of the best Sonic games since the Genesis Era is actually Sonic Rush on the Nintendo DS. Mario is kick ass! I still play the originals on my SNES, and I've just completed the New Super Mario Bros game on the DS... which I have to say is perhaps the best Mario I've personally played since Mario 64... I'm yet to play Galaxy yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so.

If I'll be honest the Wii deserves the credibility that it has got, and then some. Nintendo have created a system that isn't boasting hardcore power, and best of all it appeals to everyone... The so called "Only for Kids" thing with Nintendo is total bull. The only Nintendo's I don't have in my house are the Original Game Boy (It died long ago) and a Wii.... and I shall be getting a Wii the moment I have the Cash to do so.

And as for my so-called fanboyism towards the Playstation, it's not true... I just don't like X-Boxes.... I've played with both systems, experienced Live, and have not enjoyed using them. After playing them, they just feel like Average Machines in comparison to the Playstation 2 & 3.... The Wii, compared to the 360, may not be anywhere near powerful. But the console holds an undeniable charm that no other console has ever had in History... It doesn't care that it's the small scrawny wimp the cowers in the corner... in its own case it, has brains over brawn and has showed the world that it can be better than both entirely.

Yes I have a PS3, but I in fact play my SNES, N64 and Cube in my bedroom more than I do with that giant next-gen horsebox which sits under my HDTV in the living room.

Meh, I like my Wii... but I just don't play it much. I am a PC gamer and that's just how I am... FPS, RTS, everything is better on the PC. The only time I use my console is when I have friends over, but when by myself, what's the point of a console? eh.

As for the Wii being for children, that was just started because Sony and MS fanboys didn't like the fact their consoles were getting pwnt by a tinier, less powerful machine (hey, it also cost less!).

So Everybody. Thanks alot. It really helped me.

I bought an Xbox 360 Elite today. It's excellent!!

Even got Dead Rising for free with it.

And this even a million times better!!! :

I found out today that it's completely legal to chip consoles in Denmark. There are alot of technicians isnalling for almost no money.

It's even legal to burn the games from pc on to a readable disc and use it. Holy mamma.

I really don't know why, but it's DAMN cool.

Piratebay here I come :D

I always loved Sonic The Hedgehog Pinball on my Sega Genesis when I used to play as a little kid. So much memories!

The Mega Collection is cool if you've got a PS2 or cube... well worth getting. It's got every decent Sonic game on it (including Sonic Pinball)... Apart from Sonic CD, that's on the Gems collection for PS2. But the rest of the games on Gems are a bunch of Rubbish.