Sign in to follow this  
vyper

id making Doom 4

I enjoyed Doom 3 but I hope Doom 4 offers something new in terms gameplay and AI. No more monsters appearing from hidden panels in the walls etc.... Doom 4 will have to be something special anyway, games like Crysis have raised the bar.

Ahh, that is another game I must add to my list to get. Funny how ya forget about the classics. :P

Doom needs to die already. The first one was awesome. Now it's just a cash whoring series.

Good point, once Doom 4 is done I guess it will Quake 5 after that. Time to think of something more original "id".

I mean, how much more can you do with Marines on Mars? It's a dried up well. It's stale and dead now. Maybe that's just me though.

Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot,etc...

W00t!!!...... Or not.. ID software fell below expectation once Quake 3 came along, and every other first person shooter did it better. Doom 3 was poor in my opinion, and Quake 4 was just abysmal... So unfortunately for ID Software, Doom 4 will be considered crap until proven otherwise.

it will be interesting to see what they do, because Id has mainly been focusing on engine develpment and gfx tech, with amazing results , but not on the gameplay. I think that the highly competetive nature of todays FPS genre isnt gonna let Id get away with a run-of-the-mill shooter and they definitely know that.

Im so glad ID keeps going. Doom 4 !! respect.

Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot, Run, shoot,etc...

W00t!!!...... Or not.. ID software fell below expectation once Quake 3 came along, and every other first person shooter did it better. Doom 3 was poor in my opinion, and Quake 4 was just abysmal... So unfortunately for ID Software, Doom 4 will be considered crap until proven otherwise.

Q4 was not developed by id though. Also, most of their games are rather tech demos than strong titles. And in that respect, they do quite good. Or did, until the Q3 engine.

I'm more interested in Rage and Wolfenstein III, to be honest.

now what's wrong with the q3 engine?,. I think it's awesome.

Screw id, i dont play their games anymore. I hate FPS anyways, nothin new.

And id didnt released any screenshots.

bottom line is

RTS RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Screw id, i dont play their games anymore. I hate FPS anyways, nothin new.

And id didnt released any screenshots.

bottom line is

RTS RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

So if I just quit playing game I should think badly of the company? Okay. I hate the genre, should I hate the company? =/

Kind of poor excuse to hate a company ;)

What I find ironic is that he says he hates FPS games but his favorite C&C is listed as TIBERIUM. Am I wrong here?

Also, screencapped for epic proof. I'll post if necessary.

What I find ironic is that he says he hates FPS games but his favorite C&C is listed as TIBERIUM. Am I wrong here?

Also, screencapped for epic proof. I'll post if necessary.

I think if you don't pick one it defaults to the latest one, which is probably TIBERIUM. I could be wrong though, and if I am... IRONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :P

I think if you don't pick one it defaults to the latest one, which is probably TIBERIUM. I could be wrong though, and if I am... IRONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :P

Can't be that. If you don't set it, it doesn't display.