Sonic

Red Alert 3 Hell March Trailer

GameTrailers.com now has the highly anticipated first trailer for Red Alert 3 available for viewing on their site. I've watched it twice and I think it looks fantastic. Its almost like brighter, bigger 3D version of Red Alert 2. You will even hear some familiar sounds. You can watch the SD version via the CNCNZ.com YouTube Channel below.

The YouTube version is good for speed but I highly recommend watching the HD version using the links below.

gt_icon.gif

gt_icon.gif

Feel free to share your thoughts about the new Red Alert 3 Hell March Trailer. I've also added a gallery of 20 screen shots capturing the action from the HD version of trailer. 3 samples can been seen below.

thumb_trailer2.jpg thumb_trailer11.jpg thumb_trailer18.jpg

Click here for the full gallery.

Looks pretty cool. The water effects look great too, not just blue ground. It'll be nice once EA release another "longer" gameplay trailer though, but still pretty good as a teaser.

And lol at using the sound effects and voices from RA2. hahahha! :P

Allow me to quote my previous posts elsewhere:

I knew I'd be right when it came to this Gameplay trailer. It was so, underwhelming. I imagine all sounds are placeholders... but the only thing that caught my eye was how good SAGE is looking in this title.... The rest just looked distinctly average... I could go watch any RTS gameplay trailer and get the same impression I got from this one... overall.... nothing special at all. Plus someone really should hire a better explosions animator, they're just as poor as in C&C 3.

**In response to Hagren's post about liking the Starcraft 2 Gameplay videos**

The Starcraft 2 Gameplay vids we've seen previously elsewhere were informative, they were more a docu-based film blog which was willing to show off the different units and strategies present within the game. The develops in those videos took the time and effort to sit and talk about the game and make things interesting. This from a game I have no interest in whatsoever, and I'm not likely to buy within the first 90 days of release anyway.

The difference between those SCII vids and this RA3 one is clear. Let's face it, we've seen gameplay vids like this one countless times throughout History. While you can drool at the aesthetics, the rest of the content wasn't exactly mind blowing.

I'm not trying to be negetive, but since I've played most decent RTS games ever to grace the shelves, and followed their marketing campaigns. This one really doesn't cut any mustard. As I've said previously, the Teaser trailer for Tiberium is how you make a decent marketing push.

So as you can see, I'm not exactly bowled over by it all.

But is the form of the trailer which you dislike now, or is the game itself uninteresting to you? Because imho, some aspects do stand out to other trailers (The vacuum bomb for example, or the bullfrog shooting out Teslas, the sickle jumping...) - But perhaps I'm just biased since I know there won't be many "I am able to shoot, nothing else" units in the game, which makes it very interesting. ANd well, I loved RA2.

On-topic: I personally loved the trailer. Some ugly models/blurry textures aside. Great attention to detail, great atmosphere, seems fun.

Edited by hagren

Don't forget guys there are still many months of development time for RA3, any low-res textures and stuff like that will improve as time goes by. Even those RA2 sounds you heard may change, but I wouldn't mind if they keep them in there.

Red Alert is back, that's all that matters. Awesome first up trailer in my book :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, and reading some of the comments posted here, http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34141.html, apparently this end for C&C.... idiots :rolleyes:

It's primarily the method and style of trailer I don't like. I'm not going to get uber hyped about RA3, neither am I going to add any fluff to my opinions. I'm not going to return to 100% negative me, but if something doesn't impress me, then I'm going to say...

I've probably got to the stage where I've seen it all, and something that'd make another person weep with joy won't make me batter an eyelid. But I mean come on... look at the community made Renegade X trailer.... I still stand by the fact that the trailer for that was ultimately better than any official C&C trailer ever created. I still stand by that opinion.

This looks ok. But the game design look too cartoonish, it needs to be more of a serious war game.

Not really... The game is following a typical tongue-in-cheek humourous tone... So I don't mind that or the so-called cartoonish look... All I'm concerned about in that respect is that the game is done tastefully as opposed to looking and feeling artificially cheesy.

Expanding on the subject of the trailer. When I was at the BfME2 community summit. The team mentioned about being able to use worldbuilder plus mod tools to create trailers for community mods. One cool aspect was being able to move the camera anywhere within a map, at any crazy angle, path etc over any period of time which seems fit. The result was the whole experience could end up looking purely cinematic. Modders were able to use these "Director" tools with a huge amount of unprecedented freedom... So I have to put the question forward... why not any of this for the C&C titles? The resources are there and have been developed for the SAGE engine, so why not use those cinematic tools to their advantage to create a highly original trailer that would stand out from the crowd.

I'm just growing tired of the default camera view in trailers. We can see what the engine can do visually... but why not use the director camera tools to add some extra serious effect? This is what I mean... EALA's previous work on BfME2

Now imagine a C&C trailer with those camera angles.... With some seriously kick-ass music. You might then have my attention and praise!?

Its the first trailer, probably of many more to come. Lets not get to overly critical here.

Trailer screen shot gallery added http://www.cncnz.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=49.

i found a Graphics/Visual Bug in Red Alert 3 allready!!!

damn i am good :P

check this out, 3 frames from the latest video, its the destruction of the building by those tesla troopers! in the 1st frame the building gets hit in the second because its helthy is very low it has to change the visual appearance to "damaged" building, But this texture is Missedplaces a click more to the left so you see for a while the building Double!!! one texture the good one and the damaged one at the same time side by side, in the 3rd frame the damage goes on in this texture after all, so your building may Move a Little when they are damaged, and block a passable terran!!!!!!

i made a small animation showing that notice the second frame, notice the road and the yellow crane:

ra3error1.gif

OMG, i am so sorry :P

p.s propably a qlitch that will be corrected ..... dont get mad at me...just doing my job :)

p.s2 i like the new selection style! the naval textures, most units are esy recognised but TOO many projectile effects imo, animation is good, ther is NO PHYSICS SO FAR, Carrier is Great But SMALL, MUCH BETTER Harvesting system, sc vespine gass style.....

Looks very colorfull, fun, promising.....fast in lots of units, SAGE must have been improved or the PC was REALLY FAST :)

critics are good, they make BETTER GAMES!

4/5 keep up!

Edited by Sonic

Saracen,

You know I still love you man...so here me out..

-this trailer is just meant to be a first kick off showing "gameplay", it's not meant to be a cinematic trailer. We want to show you guys the game in gameplay form as you'll see it when you play it. I loved the BFME2 trailers, but those were incredibly time consuming, worth it at the time, but today, people want to see what the game looks like. Remember all the flack we got for our "cinematic screen shots" back in the BFME days? People were like, how come we can't play the game like that! =)

-we'll be releasing a full docu-gameplay video soon which will be voice-over walkthrough video of a complete demo on the level you see there in the gameplay trailer

-and like Sonic said, come on brother, its our first video, do you still not know by now that we'll be releasing a ton of others over the coming months, many that will be in the docu style

We don't do the "BFME type trailers" anymore, at least not right now. We're spending our time on the game =)

-APOC

I agree with Apoc, Saracen. Cinematic trailers are all nice and dandy, but ultimately misleading, overdone and hackneyed. I'll rather see something akin to the linked video as intro- (I'm quite certain that this actually was the BfME2 intro btw, only sans the voiceover :lol:).

And yes, people simply wanted to see how you'll see the game as player- And we did, for which many are surely thankful.

I know it's your inner marketing-affined guy that's poking at your mind, but people actually don't need all those "amazing" scripted/rendered marketing teasers. Just look at the GT rating! 9.1! The same rating Tiberium's CGI movie got- Which I remember, was well received, but many wanted to see actual footage. Games do not have to be interactive movies. Trailers as this feel much more honest to me. Too much fluff is evil! :P

I'm pretty sure you did not see amphibious tanks shooting out tesla walkers though :P Or spinning soldiers being sucked in :D

And even though it was only in-game war, it was impressive due to the graphics and units. No?

Apoc: Can't wait for those "docus"! Any possibilty you could answer my questions above? :P And whats that cube?

Edited by hagren

The APOC has spoken!

Yeah, I agree with Apoc here. This is only the first trailer for Red Alert 3, showing off the gameplay first rather than going straight to the details. I'm pretty sure the next ones will focus more on the backstory and each faction's unique vehicles and abilites. We just have to wait.

*Suggestion for more upcoming videos for RA3:

- Use more camera angles for a more cinematic look

- When focusing on a particular unit, maybe it's good to make close-up CGI renders then zoom out to the gameplay render

- Documentary videos can be cooler when using a "military briefing" approach, using 3D blueprints (like those found in Iron Man where Tony Stark is making renders for the arm of his Mark 2 model) to show how the unit is supposedly made in the story

- Actors, actors, and more actors!!!

That's my idea, at least.

Edited by jjsoviet

-we'll be releasing a full docu-gameplay video soon which will be voice-over walkthrough video of a complete demo on the level you see there in the gameplay trailer

We don't do the "BFME type trailers" anymore, at least not right now. We're spending our time on the game =)

-APOC

those Are GREAT news, docu Demo trailers ARE Greater than plain trailer, and last longer :)

also glad to hear the team is focused on the game and not on the "cinematic trailers" BUT you have to make some sort of Cinematic in the campaign APOC,

do yo remember the 1st Tiberium Wars under attack base trailer??? this was made with the INGAME engine right?

and the Cuted CGI fmv from the bonus dvd later?? do you remeber them? those WERE PERFECT!

now this is making you wanna play the mission again and again and agian.......

i hope you could talk to the camgaign people and use those into sinlge player cause you are wasting some talent there fiend, your TW CGI was Fantastic!

generally i totally support the way you talked, we were all very anxcious to see a gameplay....

tnx for the Nice video Keep them Comming!!! :D

Edited by Sonic

Yea, I really missed TD and TS when I was playing C&C3 and KW in that regards. Those CGI cut scenes after the missions or those little briefings you got from the frontlines.

As for the trailer, cool beans. But no new sounds for the soldiers and stuff? Meh.

Yea, I really missed TD and TS when I was playing C&C3 and KW in that regards. Those CGI cut scenes after the missions or those little briefings you got from the frontlines.

As for the trailer, cool beans. But no new sounds for the soldiers and stuff? Meh.

ok for the 1000000000000000000000000000th time its TOO early people not expect EVERYTHING 1000% ready in place in the very 1st video! :angry:

that doesnt happent in any game not even when they are launched!

new sounds?finilized graphics, animation, u.i and music, are the FINAL step in a game's production!

they are making engine, control, logical programing, basic textures, basic animation, litle physics, performance tweaks, BUGs, and Balance, Multiplayer, Networking protocols,==Gamepley Right now and those has to come FIRST of all! not sounds, music, or super glitch details.....

you cant build a ROOF with out a Building!

dispite that, this video demostrates a hell of new visual stuff!!!

wacth the videos, read the forums, learn the news, make your proposals but when you critisise Keep in mind the "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" element maybe?!

relax people dont ask undeliverable stuff right now....if that was the final product then you could complain all day & night!

untill then plz give them a break, and try make a game by your selfs next time.

sorry if you think i am rude, but its not ok when we OVER react for a simple video trailer! we kill dev team's moral.- :rolleyes:

Edited by Johnnyxp64

While I enjoyed RA2 I am getting a little sick of the whole "RED ALERT IS THE LOL UNIVERSE" thing. RA2 might have been a bit wacky but this just looks over the top to me.

ok for the 1000000000000000000000000000th time its TOO early people not expect EVERYTHING 1000% ready in place in the very 1st video! :angry:

that doesnt happent in any game not even when they are launched!

new sounds?finilized graphics, animation, u.i and music, are the FINAL step in a game's production!

they are making engine, control, logical programing, basic textures, basic animation, litle physics, performance tweaks, BUGs, and Balance, Multiplayer, Networking protocols,==Gamepley Right now and those has to come FIRST of all! not sounds, music, or super glitch details.....

you cant build a ROOF with out a Building!

dispite that, this video demostrates a hell of new visual stuff!!!

wacth the videos, read the forums, learn the news, make your proposals but when you critisise Keep in mind the "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" element maybe?!

relax people dont ask undeliverable stuff right now....if that was the final product then you could complain all day & night!

untill then plz give them a break, and try make a game by your selfs next time.

sorry if you think i am rude, but its not ok when we OVER react for a simple video trailer! we kill dev team's moral.- :rolleyes:

Umm, what? I said I missed them, did I expect them to return? No. Why? Because EA isn't as cool as WW. I merely stating the fact I long for the old C&C days.

Don't blow a fuse, drama-queen. :mellow:

I think I side with Saracen with this one... the fan-made trailer hyped me up more than this trailer did. I guess the light show is kinda overwhelming, and a whole bunch of screenshots would have had the same effect for me personally.

teaser trailers... which spark the interest and rekindle the flame.

story trailers... which capture the mood

gameplay trailers... which showoff the bells and whistles (seeing the units you've read so much about).

I think the C&C3 marketing machine got it right...

1st - you can't kill the messiah

2nd - elements of the story via actor blurbs

3rd - gameplay as the release approaches

And I feel a gameplay trailer at this point is in the wrong order.

But the thing that freaked me out the most here is RED OCTOBER 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That seems way to close for a release date, not giving near enough time for the team to be making many adjustments based on feedback... oh... hang on... is that the beta release I forget?

Game engine seems to be somewhat okay, in particular, water and the waves seem very great.

I still wait who will make the musics and the videos. Only by getting them well-done properly EA can prove that is able to make a credible follow-up component.