thesciencebro

TS/Firestorm Livestream w/ OBS Question

Hey guys! I did not know where else to post this question, so I’ve put it here in the hopes that someone can help me out.

I recently downloaded Tiberian Sun from CNCNet to not only relive childhood memories, but also to livestream/LP the game for my YouTube channel. I’m using OBS Studio to record/stream the game, and discovered that the only way for OBS to capture the game footage is when the game is running in “dxwnd” in windowed mode (on any other settings, the game would either crash, appear distorted, and/or OBS will fail to record the game footage). When navigating some of the menus in this mode, however, they will only partially load up, and leave me unable to leave the menu, although I can hear options being selected/changed. I’m forced to end the program using Task Manager at this point, and I haven’t found a workaround thus far to make the game suitable for livestreaming. The game runs normally in “dxwnd” in fullscreen mode, though, so this is only a problem for me when it comes to livestreaming/LP’ing the game. I’ve attached a screenshot of this problem for your convenience.

I apologize if this question has already been asked in the past, but I haven’t seen a recent answer to a question like mine so far, and I’m hoping one of you fine individuals can help me out. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

TSGraphicsIssue.png