Sign in to follow this  
TheBlackOut

My new system :)

My mom has a Dell and the heatsink died, so we ordered a new one, but she's been wanting a new computer (the Dell is really, really old... and crappy) so she asked if she could have mine if she would allow me to buy a new one. I, of course said, "k".

Anyways the parts have been on their way since Monday... I get the RAM tomorrow and the rest on Thursday which pisses me off because I just have to stare at a box of RAM until the rest of the **** comes.

Anyways, parts!:

I already had and am not replacing for a while: ASUS 9600GT (my friend got a radeon 4850 with his new comp... great card for the price)

Intel C2D E8400 (was consider quad core as I do some encoding, etc, but since I mostly game I ruled it out)

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L LGA 775

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro heatsink/fan

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty (could care less about fagal1ty, but it's a pretty good card and ASUS I kept reading sucked with games...)

Some cheapo (but fast burning) SATA DVD drive to replace IDE ****

Gonna be a fun weekend.

I have the E8400, you can't go wrong with this CPU. Based on cost versus performance. I played Crysis for 2 hours, checked the temps as soon as I left the quit the game and was sitting around 34 degrees, using stock cooling.

What about the hard drive? I recommend the Western Digital 640GB if planning on getting one.

Case/PSU?

Either way the new system should handle RA3 easily.... oh wait you said your not getting because of the DRM :P

I am really doing a big upgrade. My mom gets my old mobo, cpu, stuff like that, but not my hdd and such.

Heh, my friend hasn't had luck with his temps. Runs 55C with stock cooling, hence why I bought a heatsink. Eh, either way, I plan on OCing so I think I can do a bit more with a good heatsink.

And yes, sadly EA decided to pull a **** move. God, I thought there would never be a day I don't buy a C&C game. Sadly, that day has now come.

Heh, my friend hasn't had luck with his temps. Runs 55C with stock cooling, hence why I bought a heatsink. Eh, either way, I plan on OCing so I think I can do a bit more with a good heatsink.

Your friend probably needs to reapply thermal compound and reseat the heat sink and fan.

If your heading down the overclocking road you definitely need and after market cooler. I've never bothered with overclocking myself.

Your friend probably needs to reapply thermal compound and reseat the heat sink and fan.

If your heading down the overclocking road you definitely need and after market cooler. I've never bothered with overclocking myself.

C2D's OC really easily that newbies can do it. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't ;)

And we did that, twice. Nothing really helped. *shrugs* I think the motherboard has a power saving feature that might be turning the fan on low.

Just use onboard audio. Creative's day has come and gone.

lol too late and lol no thanks

And yes, sadly EA decided to pull a **** move. God, I thought there would never be a day I don't buy a C&C game. Sadly, that day has now come.

I call bs...you'll buy it sooner or later :P

Nice system though ;)

Edited by F15pilotX

I call bs...you'll buy it sooner or later :P

Nice system though ;)

No I won't. I will when they say "We've removed DRM from Red Alert 3". I am not buying something that I do not support.