Sign in to follow this  
Regs

Can't mod

Ok, so I follow the documentation down to the T. The buildbig compiles my files, yet nothing takes effect. Yes, I also load the mod using a skudif and the mod is listed under the menu correctly.

All I tried to do is mod GDI preditor tank. So I coppied its vanilla xml file to my mod folder named "gdipower2" and weapons.xml file. I didn't rename anything, and all I did was change some numbers under their respected attributes.

Am I suppose to rename weapons.xml and GDIpreditor.xml files before I compile a big file? I see a lot of erros in the dos promt when it compiles.

I wish I knew a way I could upload a pic for you to show the file structure. My web host cancelled me 2 weeks ago without notifying me.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <Tags></Tags>
    <Includes>

<Include type="reference" source="DATA:static.xml" />
<Include type="reference" source="DATA:global.xml" />
<Include type="all" source="DATA:gdipower2/Data/GDIPredator.xml" />
<Include type="all" source="DATA:gdipower2/Data/Weapon.xml" />

</Includes>

</AssetDeclaration>

I notice my mod.xml files does not close </xml>. Could that also be a problem? I figure the buildbig.bat wouldn't even start if there was a syntex error.

Edited by Regs

Ah i figured it out with some help. I didnt install the essential files after I installed the SDK.