Sign in to follow this  
Malovolpe

SunAge

I recently picked up a copy of this interesting rts game called SunAge, i have to say, its a very impressive game and the graphics are just awesome, anyone else play this?

Koen (who's been to CommandCOM on CNCNZ's representation) was a strong part of the SunAge Community. He went to the developer's community summit for the game, gave feedback and everything.... I'd say out of everyone here, Koen has the deepest understanding and knowledge of this game than anyone else. He loved it!

I was an abassador for this game originally. I personally hated it when it was released. The game was rather buggy, crashes were common,the AI often was too strange and inconsistent most of the time, and there was a whole host of other problems, including a lack of Multiplayer and Skirmish mode... The game at best was very mediocre, so I ended up selling it to some unfortunate chap who probably smashed it with a sledgehammer afterwards.

Koen informed me however, that the game was significantly improved, and did have Multiplayer patched in... However, I was already too put off the game to care at that point. Even the likes of 1up, IGN and a few others who decided to re-review it still saw it as nothing short of crap, even by late 90's standards. So I chose not to pursue buying it again from the bargain bin despite Koen's claims.

Can't say I miss it anyway... It's better than some RTS games I've had the misfortune to play over the years, but there's a good few hundred other titles that are infinitely better.